Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent this e-mail off to Customer service. I'll let youse know the reply.

I am e-mailing to tell you about my concern with the soon to ship Dutch EX premium format figure (my order number TB______)

The initial product pictures were changed some time ago now to different ones i.e. I ordered based on a product that has now changed. I made no complaint at the time as I was satisfied with Sideshow's record in delivering a quality product however, recent in hand pictures of this PF have shown that some figures have eyes that do not allign. This seems to me to be a pretty basic thing to get correct in a high end collectible.

I want to know what will be my options should my statue arrive with this, or other, problems. I would prefer to keep the figure but have the eyes painted correctly.

Will I be able to return the heads to SS for a replacement/repaint?

Will I have to return the whole figure?

As I said, I would prefer to keep the figure but if it were to arrive with the 'googly' eyes that some are posting on the statue collecting forums I would not be happy. I have been collecting Sideshow figures for a long time and this is the first time I have had to worry about something like this.

Awaiting your response.

I really don't see what the hysteria is about, this looks fine to me.

The sculpt, pose, and likeness are all spot on, worst case I get the head repainted and it's removable.

This is the Dutch!! and the only one ss will ever make, no way I am losing him. You guys are crazy to return this with only a 600 es.

It looks great to me!
Glad that you liked it. It may be the only Dutch that SS will ever make which is why all of us had high expectations.

dude...

wrong thread?
You came in late I guess. Just to sum up, the likeness, sculpt and pose are in place; the paint is not. Even in the outdoor shots, you can clearly see the paleness compared to the prototype pics. That and the eyes. They can be repainted but is anyone gonna do that for free? No. For 350 plus shipping plus taxes is it too much to expect at least a pair of symmetrically painted eyes?

EDIT: Nice headsup. You show 'em bruce! :hi5:

Neo.

Last edited:
That is good to hear. It shouldn't have come to this in the first place but it sounds like we'll be able to get a full refend or replaced/repainted heads.

You know what would be better though? Getting it right the first time.:slap:slap:slap

Hopefully won't be any issues, I remember when the Terminator PF came out people were having some issues with they rifle muzzle been bent, so we'll see on the 19th of Sep

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLWFFfXIq-M&feature=g-upl[/ame]

I asked about the googly eyes on Dutch and the fact it was present in both their recent convention exhibit and the first in hand pics that have come out. Their response:

Please know we perform Quality Control inspections at the factory level before an item is packaged and shipped to our warehouse. Once the shipment arrives into our warehouse, we randomly select items for a second Quality Control inspection. Although we cannot inspect every single item, these multiple inspections assist us in making sure that your item arrives to you in the best condition possible

I'm not entirely sure what to say to that. I appreciated their reply but obviously the factory inspection is not working well if they are actually looking at every piece and see no problem.

Nice one SAB.

They've really just told you the QC process there. All checked at the factory then random spot checks once at SS headquarters and I imagine that would be enough so long as the checks at the factory were good.

I asked about the googly eyes on Dutch and the fact it was present in both their recent convention exhibit and the first in hand pics that have come out. Their response:

I'm not entirely sure what to say to that. I appreciated their reply but obviously the factory inspection is not working well if they are actually looking at every piece and see no problem.

Problem is I think they just randomly check at the factory first, then randomly check again, so sometimes they randomly check the same piece twice and that is one of the good ones. :cuckoo: And who is randomly checking them? Insert cross-eyed pic here...

Never look good together? I think that might be overreaching. Perhaps not in scale, but I don't think that they are going to look bad next to each other. That is, unless Dutch's wonky eye kills the deal.

I wouldn't display them side by side but if the 1/5 Pred is somehow set up above and behind Dutch somewhere I think they'll look just fine together.

Better yet put a few plants around the Predator like he's watching from the trees or something. It's all about presentation.

People in Cali should get theirs today, lets see some pictures guys.

marty_feldman_512.jpg

Back