Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
people just have different point of view thats all, NO who is right or wrong, we just say what we feel is right. no point continuing this, this will go no where and will only get worst.

Best post in this thread. There is no right or wrong position on this topic. It has always boiled down to preference. This thread was never meant to be an assault on SSC's business strategies or their integrity. We all love their products. It's why we are here. Personally, I would never support a company that practices shady business methods.

There seem to be 3 camps on this topic.

1.) I don't care about the ES. This camp seems comfortable with any ES. I have read posts that have basically said, make 5, 10, 50 thousand pieces if SSC wants to, I don't care. ES has no meaning to them.

2.)TBD + NRD. This camp has the belief that SSC will make the right call on ES. They will put down the NRD and wait for SSC's decision on a preorder ES. These collectors have faith that SSC will not make a poor business decision by creating bloated ES.

3.) ES + NRD. This camp would like an ES revealed if an NRD is required on a preorder. This strategy was used before on preorders and collectors in this camp would like to see this strategy continue.

I can honestly say, I do not understand anyone in camp 1. I firmly believe bloated ES is bad for both parties. This is just my opinion. It doesn't make me right.

When it comes to camp 2, I can understand their line of thinking. SSC has done a fair job of establishing ES on their product. They understand the needs of a customer and balance that well with their needs as a business. Again, this is just my opinion.

Camp 3 is where I fall into. The full reveal of ES on the Rogue PF preorder was a welcome sight. As a customer, I really like the ES reveal before I order a statue. It provides me with information. This information
is then used to determine if I will buy a statue direct from SSC or not. SSC will get more of my direct money on pieces I like if an ES is on the lower side of a statue that I like. If I feel the ES is on the higher end, other merchants stand a better chance of receiving my money. I like the idea of making an informed decision before I commit to a NRD. I will support SSC and purchase a SS statue I like regardless of ES. The only question is from where.

There is no wrong stance in the 3 camps. No one is right or wrong for choosing any of them.

Last edited:
Best post in this thread. There is no right or wrong position on this topic. It has always boiled down to preference. This thread was never meant to be an assault on SSC's business strategies or their integrity. We all love their products. It's why we are here. Personally, I would never support a company that practices shady business methods.

1.) I don't care about the ES. This camp seems comfortable with any ES. I have read posts that have basically said, make 5, 10, 50 thousand pieces if SSC wants to, I don't care. ES has no meaning to them.

2.)TBD + NRD. This camp has the belief that SSC will make the right call on ES. They will put down the NRD and wait for SSC's decision on a preorder ES. These collectors have faith that SSC will not make a poor business decisions by creating bloated ES.

3.) ES + NRD. This camp would like an ES revealed if an NRD is required on a preorder. This strategy was used before on preorders and collectors in this camp would like to see this strategy continue.

I can honestly say, I do not understand anyone in camp 1. I firmly believe bloated ES is bad for both parties. This is just my opinion. It doesn't make me right.

When it comes to camp 2, I can understand their line of thinking. SSC has done a fair job of establishing ES on their product. They understand the needs of a customer and balance that well with their needs as a business. Again, this is just my opinion.

Camp 3 is where I fall into. The full reveal of ES on the Rogue PF preorder was a welcome sight. As a customer, I really like the ES reveal before I order a statue. It provides me with information. This information
is then used to determine if I will buy a statue direct from SSC or not. SSC will get more of my direct money on pieces I like if an ES is on the lower side of a statue that I like. If I feel the ES is on the higher end, other merchants stand a better chance of receiving my money. I like the idea of making an informed decision before I commit to a NRD. I will support SSC and purchase a SS statue I like regardless of ES. The only question is from where.

There is no wrong stance in the 3 camps. No one is right or wrong for choosing any of them.

:exactly::exactly::goodpost:
i fall somewhere between 2,3 :dance

2.)TBD + NRD. This camp has the belief that SSC will make the right call on ES. They will put down the NRD and wait for SSC's decision on a preorder ES. These collectors have faith that SSC will not make a poor business decision by creating bloated ES.

:goodpost:
Exactly, there are people who just try to turn things around, insult others and derail the thread and cause trouble. The main topic has always been a suggestion to SSC to provide full disclosure of the edition size on pre-order with pieces that have non-refundable deposits so the customer can make an informed decision to order it, or possibly get it down the line cheaper. Just as it's our right to order stuff from ssc and our right to post on this topic.

filip629, this is exactly why I cancelled. At an edition size of 2500, I was willing to risk picking this piece up within the next two years when the piece will simply go down in price OR SS is going to do a clearance because of the amount of stock leftover. I figured I would not need a nameplate for the extra $35.

Chicky replied: Both the exclusive and the regular sell for $349.99. Purchasing from our site earns you Sideshow Rewards and the item will ship at a discounted rate, due to our ship volume with UPS. This puts you near the same math.

Hi Chicky: Thank-you for your reply. Yes, an ex edition size of 500, for the Predator theme, and LSB of this high quality is indeed a very conservative number. The problem comes in when you factor it with the overwhelming reg edition of 2500. Consider this please:

1. From a monetary point of view, the only difference between the two is the nameplate. Otherwise they are the same bust. So why not just pick up a the Reg LSB later on down the road at much less a price? When there is 2500 of these floating out there, one will likely to be had for $250.

Please keep in mind that our original Predator bust as well as the A v P were at a higher dollar value of approx. $900 and roughly 1K editions. This product/character is extremely popular stateside as well as overseas. Between the demand and the price point, I do not think you will see them at the $250 range unless you happen to find a private opportunity due to an individual's unique circumstances.

2. For a person who has high end collectables, and carefully examining there space to put them in, one begins to evaluate how much do you want this collectable if it is not "special" in the ES. Forgive me if I am coming across as a bit of a snob with this point ... I do not mean to. Looking at it from the point of view of a collector who has some pieces they really like and appreciate, the question does come to mind How much do you really want this piece if the regular edition will most likely be so easy to buy later on down the road?

I think it is a smart idea to consider all of the information and options before placing your order.

Chicky, this LSB is fantastic looking and promising in terms of quality and wonderful to display, and would dispute this. IMO, there is simply going to be a lot of them around for a long time ... and a reg will be easy to pick up.

While I think you will be able to pick them up, I doubt that you will be able to snag one at $100 off SRP, especially with the size and shipping for these items.

I cancelled on the internet, and gave SS a note why I did in the box provided. No, I cancelled this when the shipping notice arrived in my e-mail informing me the piece would ship in 23 days or so. I went and looked at the piece then and found the numbers of the edition size.

This is what has me confused. We do not wait until the item ships to announce the edition size. In many cases editions sizes are announced within a week of preorder launch. As an avid collector, I do not understand why you waited so long to cancel if the edition size was truly an issue. You should have contacted our Customer Service department directly, immediately after the edition size announcement to make your concerns known and we could have reviewed the matter. Instead you canceled just prior to the item being charged, which weakens your edition size arguement and presents it to be more of a monetary concern at the time of shipping. Perhaps I am missing something?

I am extremely disappointed in SS with this ES. As an avid collector, and avid supporter of Sideshow products, the people who work for them, and ESPECIALLY there service, I was simply taken aback when I saw the Edition Size.

With past edition sizes of this popular character being close to 1K editions at approximately $900, I am not sure why this nearly 1/2 scale bust for $350, at edition of 2,500 worldwide would seem so unreasonable.

I just trusted that SS would do what they normally do: announce a low ES for Ex and low ES for Reg after I put the NRD down.

They did not this one time (and hopefully the only time).

What I am asking from a great company that has achieved a special place in the heart of many collectors:

Please announce an ES if you are going to charge a NRD, OR, if you are going to charge the NRD, then please keep the ES low so that the piece remains a special piece long after it is sold, both in quality, collectability, and monetarily.

Edition sizes will vary depending on license, character, price point and demand. It is not reasonable to assume every edition will be a 250 or 500 pc edition with a world wide audience. First and foremost, the piece should be 'special' because the representation of the character and the quality give it that 'wow' factor that inspires the collector to add it to their lifetime collection. If it has those qualities and a reasonable edition size then collectability long term shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for taking the time to ask questions about my post.

Thank you for your input. We appreciate the feedback. As always, I encourage collectors to contact our customer service directly if they have concerns and give us an opportunity to assist in whatever way we can.

:goodpost:
Exactly, there are people who just try to turn things around, insult others and derail the thread and cause trouble. The main topic has always been a suggestion to SSC to provide full disclosure of the edition size on pre-order with pieces that have non-refundable deposits so the customer can make an informed decision to order it, or possibly get it down the line cheaper. Just as it's our right to order stuff from ssc and our right to post on this topic.

:cuckoo: That's completely counterproductive to getting customers to buy from them and all around, bad business. Run a company on that aspect and you're doomed to run it into the ground. A wise business gauges interest in product through preorder numbers, which I'm guessing is exactly what the "TBD" is. Sideshow owes you nothing. Period. Don't like, don't buy.

:cuckoo: That's completely counterproductive to getting customers to buy from them and all around, bad business. Run a company on that aspect and you're doomed to run it into the ground. A wise business gauges interest in product through preorder numbers, which I'm guessing is exactly what the "TBD" is. Sideshow owes you nothing. Period. Don't like, don't buy.

I don't think it's counterproductive to let customers have the full information when putting money down, it follows Sideshow's history of providing great information to customers on their pre-order products. NRD + ES announcements have worked well so far for them, so your running into the ground is hyperbole as is your post. I also don't think Sideshow owes me anything it's merely a suggestion, so don't try to turn this thread around again with the abrasive tone.

You have to admit though, that the "possibly get it down the line cheaper" part doesn't much help you sell your case to Sideshow. :lol

I don't think it's counterproductive to let customers have the full information when putting money down. It NRD + ES announcement has worked well so far for them so your running into the ground is hyperbole as is your post. I also don't think Sideshow owes me anything it's merely a suggestion, so don't try to turn this thread around again with the abrasive tone.

There's no hyperbole (look up that word so you actually know what it means. :wink1:) Collectors have nobody but themselves to blame for the NRDs. Too many people got hard nipples over preorders and then cold feet when it came time to fork over the cash. The end result is product sitting in the warehouse with babybirds waiting like vultures for said items to hit the GC list. Collectors demanding an ES announcement because they're forced to pay a NRD because they're flakes is some damn serious entitlement douchery.

That said, I'll stop with the "abrasive tone," if you stop with the lowbrow rants. Deal? :huh

You have to admit though, that the "possibly get it down the line cheaper" part doesn't much help you sell your case to Sideshow. :lol

THIS. In the end SSC's number 1 priority is to make profits by selling as many units as humanly possible. If it's their belief that showing/not showing ED is the best way to achieve that goal for that particular release than so be it, they know what they're doing.

There's no hyperbole (look up that word so you actually know what it means. :wink1:) Collectors have nobody but themselves to blame for the NRDs. Too many people got hard nipples over preorders and then cold feet when it came time to fork over the cash. The end result is product sitting in the warehouse with babybirds waiting like vultures for said items to hit the GC list. Collectors demanding an ES announcement because they're forced to pay a NRD because they're flakes is some damn serious entitlement douchery.

That said, I'll stop with the abrasive tone, if you stop with the lowbrow rants. Deal? :huh

Hyperbole is suggesting that putting an announced ES on NRD pieces will drive a company into the ground which is obviously not the case.

As mentioned previously, NRD by themselves are fine it's putting money down without full disclosure that is the issue here.

Lastly, no one is demanding anything, this is merely a thread in the ask Sideshow section with suggestions.

Please stop with the insults as well, there's no room for them here.

Hard nipples and cold feet! lmao! Nam nailed it.

'our right to order stuff from sideshow and our right to post on this topic'

psn-network-exploit-facepalm.jpg

what happened to order b/c you like the looks of the statue, not what number is on the bottom? :huh

Nothing wrong with that bro, as long as there's no money down without full disclosure to make an informed decision.

Hyperbole is suggesting that putting an announced ES on NRD pieces will drive a company into the ground which is obviously not the case.

:lol Selective reading. Try again. The bad business comes in the rest of your sentence where you stated that it gives you the option of buying the item then and paying the NRD or, wait for it... "getting it down the road cheaper." I know business is a HUGE concept for you to grasp, but businesses at the end of the day are in it to make money. Your idea is counterproductive to that. If a business doesn't make money, it can't succeed.

As mentioned previously, NRD by themselves are fine it's putting money down without full disclosure that is the issue here.

The NRD is a result of flakes. Sideshow owes you nothing. NRDs are your own fault, so to speak. That's like a child demanding their parent get spanked after disciplining them with a spanking for something they did wrong. If you can't see that, well.... :lol

Lastly, no one is demanding anything, this is merely a thread in the ask Sideshow section with suggestions.

Your point? You have a right to post entitlement crap. Nobody's saying you don't. But we have a right to point and laugh at it. :huh

I love how no one has ever said anything to the effect that announcing an NRD with an undisclosed edition size will drive the company into the ground. Talk about hyperbole.

All anyone has said is that it sends a clear message that those who factor edition size into their decision to order will not be catered to. A professional decision on the part of the sellers, and entirely their prerogative. Customers are perfectly free to complain, but given that the figure sold out in a day, listening to them has got to take a Herculean capacity for etiquette.

Collectors demanding an ES announcement because they're forced to pay a NRD because they're flakes is some damn serious entitlement douchery.

The NRD is a result of flakes. Sideshow owes you nothing. NRDs are your own fault.

As mentioned before I supported the NRD policy when it was implemented, but as I remember you didn't. Also mentioned previously that no one is demanding anything.

And as mentioned previously no one is demanding anything.

You're demanding "full disclosure," your words, so that you can have an aneurysm trying to decide whether to pay the NRD and buy it "now," or wait to get it cheaper down the road (i.e. discounted with a gift card or from someone other than Sideshow). So now, despite selective reading, you have selective memory too? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back