elvis1976 GI-Joe customs : Camo STORM SHADOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Take on some Gi-joe and Cobra

Even the Sideshow figure has a scar. I'm not sure when that ever popped up on Duke, but it seems to have been around for a few years at least now.

It's supposed to pay homage to the original doll. The doll had a scar on his face.

But yes there was no scar the original action figure, in the cartoon, and in the Marvel comics. There may have been but in other Duke versions but I refuse to research anymore.

So far I've seen it in the movie, the new Resolute cartoon and new sideshow release.

Even the Sideshow figure has a scar. I'm not sure when that ever popped up on Duke, but it seems to have been around for a few years at least now.

And when I saw that head being sold here, I too though Duke! Nice work as always Seb! :rock

If I remember correctly, and Evilface will probably confirm this, the scar was an homage to the original 60's 12" Joes and was a means by Hasbro to add distinction (like the reversed left thumbnail) to their figures so one could tell the official Joes apart from other copycat/soldier action figures.

Yup a homage to the original Joe.. All the 12" Hall Of Fame (duke, flint, rock n roll, stalker) Joes had scars. Thought it was a nice touch.

Kickass looking Duke! No surprise, but you definitely nailed him :rock

Finished my Night Viper.
Added him some Gear and customized a gun that is pretty much accurate to the 3 3/4 figure.
Thanks to Evilface again for the great patches decals.

I'm really happy with this one right now.

IMG_5703.jpg

IMG_5704.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg

IMG_5706.jpg

IMG_5708.jpg

You really nailed this one, Seb:rock Damn!....

Kind of a obscure choice when compared to the rest of your Joe customs though.... Was this a favorite from years ago?

elvis...that night viper...holy crap, man. that is gorgeous. he would be a gear fiend's delight. so much cool stuff on him. love it!

NV is bad-frickn-ass Seb :rock :rock :rock :rock

Love the pack for Duke, its perfect.

Seriosuly man, someone at SS or HT should contact you to work for them, outstanding job

Damn that duke looks seriously no joke man...and that night viper...Holy Poop!!!

man i would buy that duke in a heartbeat if sideshow made something like that. its sad as he is not even one of my favorite characters, but he looks so awesome elvis!

Back