English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know how they get away with it really.
Seems like one rule for them....

I know it's crazy. I lost all respect for ZZ when I read that & I don't even support Spurs. If I'm honest Bale would be so much better off going to a team like Man Utd or Bayern when he does decide to leave.

A Spanish journalist was on talkSport saying how Ronaldo feels Utd are so much better run than Real. Bale should think about that as Real was meant to be Ronaldo's dream team & it turned out the grass wasn't greener after all.

I wish some these super rich teams like City, PSG, Monaco, Chelsea would start talking about Real's players & see how they like it.

Those ManU fans who actually believed ManU could/would be able to buy/entice him back had to be pretty much delusional... Madrid wouldnt let go off Ronaldo as the team was pretty much built by Mourinho to get the best out of him... PLUS with a lot of their transfer targets like Falcao, Gundogan signing elsewhere or making it clear they were not interested keeping Ronaldo became a Madrid ego issue...

Mark my words if you dont see Madrid breaking every record to sign Bale for this next season. Already Luis Suarez is whoring himself for Madrid... and its not funny. saying 'Id give my soul for every match I play for Madrid' while you are still a contracted player at another club is shameful... its worse than Cavani making his mother and father make statements of Madrid being his dream club...

Those ManU fans who actually believed ManU could/would be able to buy/entice him back had to be pretty much delusional

Not really.

United could afford Ronaldo, all the money they're raking in from new sponsorship deals and the continually strong revenue from things like merchandising has reduced the debt by a huge amount and they can theoretically compete with just about anyone financially especially with Nike and GM being willing to contribute their considerable resources to assist in big signings.

The idea that United can't afford big fees is a myth.

Ronaldo clearly has some affection for the club and always will. Fergie made him the player he ultimately became and unlike the fickle Madrid fans the United support really took him to their hearts.

Look at his demeanor and reaction to both his goals in the CL games....a player that's normally so cocky was massively subdued, he even went over to the United fans after the one at Old Trafford and APOLOGISED.

Would he have behaved like that if he hated the place and was glad to get out of there? Of course not.

So any suggestion that he won't have at least thought about a return is laughable.

United are also a lot more stable off the pitch than Madrid which seems to be as much a cause of Ronaldo's issue with Real as anything else.

So a return to a saner working environment would have some appeal.

I think Ferguson's retirement is what really put paid to it.

Ronaldo might still love the place but would be reluctant to risk the remaining good years of his career under the guidance of a nobody like Moyes.

Not really.

United could afford Ronaldo, all the money they're raking in from new sponsorship deals and the continually strong revenue from things like merchandising has reduced the debt by a huge amount and they can theoretically compete with just about anyone financially especially with Nike and GM being willing to contribute their considerable resources to assist in big signings.

The idea that United can't afford big fees is a myth.

Ronaldo clearly has some affection for the club and always will. Fergie made him the player he ultimately became and unlike the fickle Madrid fans the United support really took him to their hearts.

Look at his demeanor and reaction to both his goals in the CL games....a player that's normally so cocky was massively subdued, he even went over to the United fans after the one at Old Trafford and APOLOGISED.

Would he have behaved like that if he hated the place and was glad to get out of there? Of course not.

So any suggestion that he won't have at least thought about a return is laughable.

United are also a lot more stable off the pitch than Madrid which seems to be as much a cause of Ronaldo's issue with Real as anything else.

So a return to a saner working environment would have some appeal.

I think Ferguson's retirement is what really put paid to it.

Ronaldo might still love the place but would be reluctant to risk the remaining good years of his career under the guidance of a nobody like Moyes.
Again you miss my point, what he feels is irrelevent (considering the fact that Ive seen a lot of players who score against their former clubs behave that way) - his present employers will have to agree first. Think logically... I explained out ALL the points WHY Real would NOT sell Ronaldo.
And think it this way... all that money might pay for his transfer, what about his huge wages? Sustaining that is another mammoth deal... Plus imagine this... ManU definately need some new fresh signings and quality ones... splurging all the cash on one Player means not being able to afford good players in other positions. Ronaldo alone cannot propel any team to a tile. You need the Ozil, Ramos, Higuains too. ManU need depth in the midfield and blowing it all on Ronaldo too doesnt seem like a great move...

It is another story that unless they can put an offer as colossal as colossal is... Real would NOT sell him.

Axe is right Real won't sell Ronaldo not this season anyway. If they do it will be next year when he has one year left on his contract.

Suarez is a joke. Typical player now days after all the mess he put Liverpool through & who backed him every time he would **** up & this is how he repays them. Does Real even really want him or Cavani? If Real wants a big name player they seem to let everyone know. Funny thing is the player Real really wants hasn't came out & said a thing about them :lol

Real Madrid are like the footballing version of a spoilt child.

They get so many expensive toys that it doesn't take much for older ones to be tossed aside in favor of the latest ones.

It's happened before and it could happen again, even to a player of Ronaldo's stature.

Re: potential wages,
That's where Nike and GM would come in.

United can get round the FFP by offering him a wage within the limits and the sponsors then top that up by offering him seperate deals.

Nike are apparently frustrated that he plays for a club who's kit is made by their main rival Adidas so in their eyes a chance to stick it to them would be worth the investment.

I agree that it would be a massive cost that wouldn't fix the issues with the midfield but it would be a statement that the Glazer family are serious about wanting the success to continue post-Fergie.

Signing one of the best players in the world would be a huge boost for the new manager and the fans.

Buying more "prospects" on the cheap or mediocre Everton players will signify that the Glazers have thrown in the towel.

The shirt/endorsement mafia does run rampant in Football (Nike interfering in deals specially with Brazilian players and their transfers) but in that same logic then even Messi could have been poached away considering he is an Adidas endorsee who plays in a club team sponsored by Nike for decades now...

I dont think with the power structure of clubs now days, Kit manufacturers can call the shots on transfers of players who are so high up in terms of exposure and stature. In the lower divisions and sometimes lesser youth players in the first team of big clubs kit manufacturers do sometimes play some big roles...

As for Suarez... Real's first choice was Falcao and they courted him, but with Falcao confirmed to Monaco. They started setting the feelers out for Cavani and Suarez. It has been seen in the last few seasons that a lot of players get their managers to make public comments about their interest in a club hoping the club would be flattered and try to sign him.

Today Cesc made a statement in an interview that when he heard Real is lining up a 100 million transfer for Bale he thought that nowdays the people in charge clubs have gone crazy and are literally throwing crazy money at players in a sort of egocentric move and its sad because in this time Europe's economy is really really bad.

Last edited:
Axe is right Real won't sell Ronaldo not this season anyway. If they do it will be next year when he has one year left on his contract.

Suarez is a joke. Typical player now days after all the mess he put Liverpool through & who backed him every time he would **** up & this is how he repays them. Does Real even really want him or Cavani? If Real wants a big name player they seem to let everyone know. Funny thing is the player Real really wants hasn't came out & said a thing about them :lol

Yep I agree. I think he will move end of next season. I hate it when players do this. Modric did it to us and even went on strike. what a joke. And as much as I love zidane, I think its terrible how he publicly comes out encouraging Bale to hand in a transfer request. Its tapping up and it shouldn't be allowed.
As for Suarez, I hate all this im the victim rubbish and im protecting my family. If you want to protect your family and not get bad press, stop biting players. Stop racially abusing players. And how he is treating Liverpool right now is shameful.
As good as he is, Liverpool should sell and move on.

Zidane is trying to be a future coach at Real Madrid, and being the technical director now he has his reasons. Unethical, but thats how the economic side of football has become.

Liverpool has already mentioned him to be for 50mil I guess, and Real are trying to raise their 200m transfer budget by offloading Higuain, Coentrao and more... So honestly with all the sound Suarez is making, I see Madrid buying him (unless they can get Cavani)

I actually think Bale would like to stay but is sitting tight. Same with Levy and in some respects AVB.
If the opportunity arose for Bale to join Real, he'd love to go. But I dont see him pushing for the move so it will be left with Levy.
If Levy gets an offer of 80m or more, he would have to sell.
If its lower, maybe 50/60m I think he will reject it and offer Bale a new contract with the promise that he can leave in a year if he wishes, probably with a buy out.
Then we have AVB. If the psg rumours are true and Levy sells Bale, our best player like he did with Modric, I think he might just leave.

USA national team all but officially secured a trip to the 2014 WC. Also Jozy Altidore is on fire! Looking forward to see what club he moves onto.

The new fixtures are out and United's first 5 league games are,

Swansea ( a )
Chelsea ( h )
Liverpool ( a )
Crystal Palace ( h )
Man City ( a )

Moyes has never won at Liverpool or City and probably won't outsmart Mourinho :gah:

The Glazers better get the chequebook out otherwise United's title defence will have been dealt a fatal blow before the end of September.

Last edited:
This is the most excited I've been for new season. Especially now both Arsenal & Spurs are actually keeping there word & strengthening :yess

Brazil Vs Uruguay now

Higuain isnt going to be enough... Arsenal need a proper leader in the midfield... and I dont see it happening with either Arteta or Wilshere being injury prone. They and not ManU should have been gunning for Thiago...

Back