English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Barca won't let Thiago go? but your right about Higuain not being enough though & apparently Arsenal won't stop there either. I'm not deluded in thinking Arsenal will win the league but I'm really hoping they can really push on now & build a team. There debt from the stadium will finally be gone very soon & with there big sponsorship deals coming in it's looking good dare I say but you know only time will tell.

I dont know much about him but Paulinho is looking a good player if Spurs can get him. Basically both sides don't look to be leaving there transfer business to late this year & won't panic buy anyone. Hopefully

I just want to see a competitive league next year & for Utd to end the season empty handed & I'll be happy :lol :yess:

Sorry to all the Utd supporters but you lot have been spoilt with success. Time for the rest of us please :D

I thought Barca won't let Thiago go? but your right about Higuain not being enough though & apparently Arsenal won't stop there either. I'm not deluded in thinking Arsenal will win the league but I'm really hoping they can really push on now & build a team. There debt from the stadium will finally be gone very soon & with there big sponsorship deals coming in it's looking good dare I say but you know only time will tell.

I dont know much about him but Paulinho is looking a good player if Spurs can get him. Basically both sides don't look to be leaving there transfer business to late this year & won't panic buy anyone. Hopefully

I just want to see a competitive league next year & for Utd to end the season empty handed & I'll be happy :lol :yess:

Sorry to all the Utd supporters but you lot have been spoilt with success. Time for the rest of us please :D

The idea that post-Fergie United will crumble in a similar way to Liverpool in the early 90's will inevitably be cause for United fans to have the last laugh....again.

Fergie will still be pulling the strings whilst Moyes adjusts to the demands of managing a club of United's stature and the never say die mentality that was hammered into the present group of players won't suddenly evaporate.

United won the league by 11 points with an aging, injury prone defence, a mediocre midfield and an attack that had someone who scored 2 goals all season playing more regularly than a guy that scored almost every time he played.

If the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool couldn't get close to that team then what chance have they got if United finally sign some other decent midfielders and start playing Kagawa in his preferred position?

Slim to none.

Moyes isn't Fergie, but it's not like he's inheriting a squad with no experience of winning and has to mold them into a force to be reckoned with, all that groundwork has been done for him and for the first time in his career he'll have considerable resources at his disposal for bringing in new players.

Chelsea will win the league, but United will be there or thereabouts and everyone else will be fighting for the scraps.

Last edited:
I think Man City will be a real force this coming season with Pellegrini in charge, he is the guy I wanted to take charge at Liverpool when Rafa left, but instead we got Hodgeson :slap

The idea that post-Fergie United will crumble in a similar way to Liverpool in the early 90's will inevitably be cause for United fans to have the last laugh....again.

Fergie will still be pulling the strings whilst Moyes adjusts to the demands of managing a club of United's stature and the never say die mentality that was hammered into the present group of players won't suddenly evaporate.

United won the league by 11 points with an aging, injury prone defence, a mediocre midfield and an attack that had someone who scored 2 goals all season playing more regularly than a guy that scored almost every time he played.

If the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool couldn't get close to that team then what chance have they got if United finally sign some other decent midfielders and start playing Kagawa in his preferred position?

Slim to none.

Moyes isn't Fergie, but it's not like he's inheriting a squad with no experience of winning and has to mold them into a force to be reckoned with, all that groundwork has been done for him and for the first time in his career he'll have considerable resources at his disposal for bringing in new players.

Chelsea will win the league, but United will be there or thereabouts and everyone else will be fighting for the scraps.

I understand where your coming from but it will be a tighter season. City have finally got a manager to match the quality of the team. Mourinho at Chelsea. All ready them 2 teams are stronger because of there new managers. If Spurs hold on to Bale which is looking that way & add to there team they will be a force & shouldn't be underestimated. I remember watching Spurs V Utd last season & they should of hammered Utd that day. All Utd's best players are quite old now & a year older from last season & with Moyes your got a much weaker manager than Fergie. I don't think Fergie will be pulling the strings either becauce Fergie's back-room staff have gone & Moyes is bring in his Everton staff. I'm not saying Utd are going finish out of the top 4 but I have a feeling there going to fall behind City & Chelsea this year. Chelsea have been a team in transition & I think this is the season they'll be pushing for the league again.

I understand where your coming from but it will be a tighter season. City have finally got a manager to match the quality of the team. Mourinho at Chelsea. All ready them 2 teams are stronger because of there new managers. If Spurs hold on to Bale which is looking that way & add to there team they will be a force & shouldn't be underestimated. I remember watching Spurs V Utd last season & they should of hammered Utd that day. All Utd's best players are quite old now & a year older from last season & with Moyes your got a much weaker manager than Fergie. I don't think Fergie will be pulling the strings either becauce Fergie's back-room staff have gone & Moyes is bring in his Everton staff. I'm not saying Utd are going finish out of the top 4 but I have a feeling there going to fall behind City & Chelsea this year. Chelsea have been a team in transition & I think this is the season they'll be pushing for the league again.

Pellegrini hasn't won anything. The hype about him is unjustified.

Spurs and Arsenal = Not a hope of getting near the title. Even Tony Adams acknowledges that about the Gunners.

Chelsea will become the top team again.

I disagree. I thought Pellegrini did great at Malaga and Villarreal and he is taking over a very strong side. Already added Navas, who I really rate and Fernandinho who is also very good to a midfield of toure and silva. Very strong. With Teves gone, I expect they may get Cavani if he doesnt go to Real.
I think they might just win it. Chelsea will be back and knocking on the door. Might take a season or 2 for Moyes to make his mark and they may slip to 3rd.
Id be pretty worried if Arsenal tie up Higuain and Fellaini. I rate both very highly. Cant believe United are not in for Fellaini ?

As for my team, Paulinho looks very good and has goals in him from midfield. Something iv not seen in a while.
Looks like Bale wi stay but if madrid want to offer di maria, higuain and cash, we be silly not to take it. Even 80m. He's a great player but we cant seriously reject that. I admire Levy for his stance tho.

My table is this

City
Chelsea
United
Arsenal

Well, at the moment anyway lol

Whats the news on goal line tech ?

Was meant to be installing at christmas in most grounds but its all gone quiet. Is it going ahead for next season ??

Pellegrini hasn't won anything. The hype about him is unjustified.

Spurs and Arsenal = Not a hope of getting near the title. Even Tony Adams acknowledges that about the Gunners.

Chelsea will become the top team again.

And what's Moyes won ?? :dunno :lol

Anyone who says Pellegrini isn't a good manager clearly doesn't know much about Spanish football. Everywhere he's been he's been a success, he's an excellent manager. He got Villarreal to the Semi's of the Champions League & only lost 1-0 on aggregate to an Arsenal side with players like Henry, Pires, Ljungberg, Fabregas & Van Persie.

He was minutes away from getting Malaga a team which had been ripped apart in the summer because there owner decided he wanted his money back to the semi's against Dortmund who went on to hammer Real in the next round.

He amassed a total of 96 points at Real Madrid, a club record until it was surpassed by José Mourinho in the 2011-12 season, but lost the title to Barcelona by 3 points. He was dismissed after one season. That just goes to show what a joke side Real are :slap

I guess Moyes qualified for the Champions League once with Everton though. Pellegrini's Villarreal knocked them straight out beating them home & away.

Little bit disappointing the Spain, Italy game. Saying that there has been plenty of chances but hey Penalty Shootout now though :yess:

Love Pen's, except for when it involve's a team who I support :D

Haha quality. Iv always rated him. Looks very quick. Spain are so strong. Mata and fabregas cant get in the team. Cazorla is behind them lol.

frightening!

I know it's crazy & there Under 21 side is kicking everyone butt's as well. There's no end to it.

Spain are what Brazil used to be where they just keep producing class players.

And what's Moyes won ?? :dunno :lol

Anyone who says Pellegrini isn't a good manager clearly doesn't know much about Spanish football. Everywhere he's been he's been a success, he's an excellent manager. He got Villarreal to the Semi's of the Champions League & only lost 1-0 on aggregate to an Arsenal side with players like Henry, Pires, Ljungberg, Fabregas & Van Persie.

He was minutes away from getting Malaga a team which had been ripped apart in the summer because there owner decided he wanted his money back to the semi's against Dortmund who went on to hammer Real in the next round.

He amassed a total of 96 points at Real Madrid, a club record until it was surpassed by José Mourinho in the 2011-12 season, but lost the title to Barcelona by 3 points. He was dismissed after one season. That just goes to show what a joke side Real are :slap

I guess Moyes qualified for the Champions League once with Everton though. Pellegrini's Villarreal knocked them straight out beating them home & away.

I judge managers on what they've actually won, not near misses.

Moyes and Pellegrini are no different, they've both won less than 'Arry Redknapp :lol

Another crappy English player on the way to Old Trafford?
https://www1.skysports.com/football...d-bid-for-Leighton-Baines-rejected-by-Everton

It's top class midfielders and wingers the club needs, not an aging left back who's never played for a top club.

Last edited:
Pellegrini is a fantastic manager, classy and instills in the team the desire to play good attractive football. He was one of the managers considered by Barcelona before they decided to promote Pep from coach of the B-team to the senior one. If you only rate players by trophies won then I'd like to retierate what Perez said about SAF "he may be a good coach but winning major honours is what counts... 2 CL in 25 years isn't a great record"...

Pellegrini is a fantastic manager, classy and instills in the team the desire to play good attractive football. He was one of the managers considered by Barcelona before they decided to promote Pep from coach of the B-team to the senior one. If you only rate players by trophies won then I'd like to retierate what Perez said about SAF "he may be a good coach but winning major honours is what counts... 2 CL in 25 years isn't a great record"...

:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

Will you ever stop going on about Barcelona and/or La Liga in general and how anyone who's ever been associated with it are so superior to everything else?

I only watch United. They play in the ENGLISH Premier League, what this thread is supposed to be about.

No other team matters in the slightest to me and they've been untouchable domestically for 20 years which at the end of the day is all I ever wanted when I started supporting them in 1984/5.

They knocked Liverpool off their perch so Fergie's mission was accomplished. Any European success was always viewed as a bonus.

Had United been given unlimited money from the government and been immune to the rules about acquiring new players during Ferguson's run I'm sure they would have won the CL a few more times but in that respect they weren't as lucky as Real.

Then again what has that done for Real lately, they haven't won it for years whereas the allegedly inferior Ferguson got to 3 finals in a short space of time and won one of them.

So Perez should really have kept his hole shut.

Last edited:
hit a nerve I see... and as for being superior, the results are for all to see...

if no other team matters the slightest to you maybe then you should simply stick to talking ONLY about ManU and not drop names of other clubs or managers.

But you cant.

None of us can, Football has become beyond boundaries and leagues now. What happenes in one league affects another be it in terms of transfers or even in the main European Cup. So as much as this thread has been labelled as such, it has pretty much encompassed every major footballing events and news from the WC to the Euro to the Confeds...

Football has become beyond boundaries and leagues now. What happenes in one league affects another be it in terms of transfers or even in the main European Cup. So as much as this thread has been labelled as such, it has pretty much encompassed every major footballing events and news from the WC to the Euro to the Confeds...

In the coming season I'll be watching domestic competitions only as there's no point United even being in the Champions League.

The club have the resources to build a squad that can challenge, but won't use them in the right way.

Buying unknown youngsters on the cheap and potentially bringing in mediocrity from the new manager's former club isn't the sort of statement the club should be making in the post Ferguson era.

Back