English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i wish they would drop 100million and bring back Ronaldo,thye should do it

Exactly.

But they won't.

Mediocre Moyes hasn't a clue about the sort of players United need, how can he? He's spent his career at Preston and Everton, he's never had any proper money to spend and will be too scared to ask the owners for large sums which will suit them just fine as it'll mean they can cream off even more of the club's profits.

They'll be competitive domestically for another couple of seasons at the most, then it will get ugly.

You have to give him a chance. He over achieved massively at Everton and had already identified an area where a great player has probably had his better days and has dipped in form.
Baines has over took cole as the best left back last season imo, and people still regard him as the best in the word !

You have to give him a chance. He over achieved massively at Everton and had already identified an area where a great player has probably had his better days and has dipped in form.
Baines has over took cole as the best left back last season imo, and people still regard him as the best in the word !

Part of me wants to give him a chance but it's hard to have any respect for a manager who's never won a single game at any of the top grounds in the country, 2 of which United visit in their first 5 league matches.

Evra has declined in the last couple of years but it's not like the left back position is the area that needs most attention, it's new midfielders and wingers that the club needs along with a clearout of the existing ones except for Kagawa, Giggs and the incoming Zaha.

The departure of Rooney should also be a priority, but the latest stories in the papers are suggesting he'll stay, likely because none of the other teams that can afford his wages want him.

Last edited:
Exactly.

But they won't.

Mediocre Moyes hasn't a clue about the sort of players United need, how can he? He's spent his career at Preston and Everton, he's never had any proper money to spend and will be too scared to ask the owners for large sums which will suit them just fine as it'll mean they can cream off even more of the club's profits.

They'll be competitive domestically for another couple of seasons at the most, then it will get ugly.

Give the guy a season before you bash him. Spending 150 on Ronaldo might be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. It's clear moyes can coach, just because he doesn't break the bank signing a prima Dona doesn't mean he's a crap leader.

Part of me wants to give him a chance but it's hard to have any respect for a manager who's never won a single game at any of the top grounds in the country, 2 of which United visit in their first 5 league matches.

Evra has declined in the last couple of years but it's not like the left back position is the area that needs most attention, it's new midfielders and wingers that the club needs along with a clearout of the existing ones except for Kagawa, Giggs and the incoming Zaha.

The departure of Rooney should also be a priority, but the latest stories in the papers are suggesting he'll stay, likely because none of the other teams that can afford his wages want him.

Iv got alot of respect for what he achieved at Everton, basically buying players with IOU's and biscuits.
Evra is past it if you ask me and im sure he will add a few more. I cant think of many bad signings if any Moyes made at Everton and he may just get the best out of an out of form Rooney.
I know some may disagree but id go all out to keep Rooney.He is quality and you need to keep your best players.

I did think Moyes was taking the p1ss with a 12m bid for Baines lol. Very insensitive but thats football.

Give the guy a season before you bash him. Spending 150 on Ronaldo might be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. It's clear moyes can coach, just because he doesn't break the bank signing a prima Dona doesn't mean he's a crap leader.

Neither I or heon said £150 million for Ronaldo.

If he could be brought back this summer for around £100 million it'd be worth the investment because for all his arrogance he can back it up.

United have never been the same since he left and their failure to start rebuilding the midfield in the aftermath of his departure is where their troubles began.

The decade Moyes spent at Everton suggests that he wasn't very sought after by the other top clubs otherwise he would have been lured away.

gypsycatcha,
Rooney should have been shown the door last time he asked to leave and his attitude has gotten steadily worse ever since especially since RVP arrived and became the main man.

It's time to cut him loose.

Last edited:
Rooney is a great player but needs to leave Utd IMO & look for a new challenge abroad.

Utd supporters need to give Moyes time. I really dont think Utd would of gone for Moyes if he wasnt a Brit but saying all that I do think he is a very good manager but he's got a lot to prove. About Baines I think he an excellent player & Evra is getting on now but at the same time Utd still have Rafael & Büttner in them positions. I think the most important thing for Utd is to get a playmaker & some good wingers.

But 100 mil for Ronaldo would be crazy money IMO. A player who is going to be 29 in Feb & who wants over £300K plus a week wages & 100% image rights, that would be madness. Utd would be much better to save that money & build for the future. Especially when there's players like Paulinho & Thiago available for 17 million. Even Bale for 70 - 80 million would be a better deal. Not that he's worth that but he's what 23 I think so plenty of seasons left in him.

Jesus Navas would of been a great buy for Utd for 15 mil but unfortunately he's already made the switch to City.

Who's watching Brazil, Spain. Great game from a Brazil point of view. I must admit Neymar has been excellent in this tournament, he just winds me up when he dives though. Great goal from him tonight though, a thunderbolt

Rooney is a great player but needs to leave Utd IMO & look for a new challenge abroad.

Utd supporters need to give Moyes time. I really dont think Utd would of gone for Moyes if he wasnt a Brit but saying all that I do think he is a very good manager but he's got a lot to prove. About Baines I think he an excellent player & Evra is getting on now but at the same time Utd still have Rafael & Büttner in them positions. I think the most important thing for Utd is to get a playmaker & some good wingers.

But 100 mil for Ronaldo would be crazy money IMO. A player who is going to be 29 in Feb & who wants over £300K plus a week wages & 100% image rights, that would be madness. Utd would be much better to save that money & build for the future. Especially when there's players like Paulinho & Thiago available for 17 million. Even Bale for 70 - 80 million would be a better deal. Not that he's worth that but he's what 23 I think so plenty of seasons left in him.

Jesus Navas would of been a great buy for Utd for 15 mil but unfortunately he's already made the switch to City.

Who's watching Brazil, Spain. Great game from a Brazil point of view. I must admit Neymar has been excellent in this tournament, he just winds me up when he dives though. Great goal from him tonight though, a thunderbolt

Moyes got the job because he's a Scot and he inevitably did his share of brown nosing.

Buying younger players and building for the future hasn't worked for United in recent years.

The likes of Nani and Anderson were signed as "prospects" for the future and have been among the biggest wastes of money in the club's history.

The youth system hasn't produced anyone decent in 20 years and most of the young players that get signed from elsewhere are lucky if they get a couple of League Cup appearances before being loaned out and eventually resold.

I think it'd be better to buy proven talent that can deliver straight away in the positions that need strengthening the most....which isn't left back.

They potentially have the playmaker in Kagawa....Dortmund's manager was upset by how he was treated in his first season at United,
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...t-breaks-to-see-Shinji-Kagawa-struggling.html

"He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw" says Klopp.

So he's essentially a Japanese version of Scholes in his prime without the brutal tackles.

Brazil Vs Spain....was it football or a diving contest?

Last edited:
Spain were humiliated so badly they looked and played like Barcelona against Bayern Munich. I don't think any player in the current Spanish team has it inside them to win the World Cup again. The under 21's say different though.

If you think about it, if Ronaldo does leave then were else is he going to go? The French Ligue isn't as on par as EPL or the German League. The thing about Bundesliga is same as La Liga where there are mainly two teams fighting for the crown. So that leaves EPL, and where is he going to go besides Manchester United?

Ronaldo will not leave... No one can afford him in terms of age to return investment. And now with Ancellotti at the helm there are even fewer chances of him leaving.

Brazil seemed the more determined side... I think that goal in the first minute was the killer... When you chase against a determined Scolari team that to at home. It will always be difficult. You could see it from the time of the singing of the national anthem how determined and pumped up to prove a point Brazil were...

He probably will because if he wanted a new contract he would have signed one when he was unhappy. It's logical Madrid sell him instead of letting him go when his contract runs out.

Anyone see the apparent Man Utd bid for Messi? I've given up on transfer roumers now.

Anyone see the apparent Man Utd bid for Messi? I've given up on transfer roumers now.

It's definitely silly season :lol

Fortunately that one won't pan out, I wouldn't want Messi at United if he was available for nothing.

Last edited:
It's definitely silly season :lol

Fortunately that one won't pan out, I wouldn't want Messi at United if he was available for nothing.

:rotfl :cuckoo: you must be the only fan in world football that wouldn't want Messi in their side, I can only assume this comment is a wind-up?

:rotfl :cuckoo: you must be the only fan in world football that wouldn't want Messi in their side, I can only assume this comment is a wind-up?

Not at all.

If he ever had the guts to leave Barcelona he wouldn't last 5 minutes without the protection he gets from Spanish officials.

He may impress the football snobs who always overrate anyone from South America with a couple of tricks up their sleeve but that Harlem Globetrotters BS doesn't impress me in the slightest.

Last edited:
Not at all.

If he ever had the guts to leave Barcelona he wouldn't last 5 minutes without the protection he gets from Spanish officials.

He may impress the football snobs who always overrate anyone from South America with a couple of tricks up their sleeve but that Harlem Globetrotters BS doesn't impress me in the slightest.
Yes, and with all that protection from Spanish Officials he has been the highest scorer for the last 4 years before now in the European Cup, voted and frequently mentioned and regarded by his peers, contemporaries, fellow professionals and the greatest of the former players as one of the best to ever play the game, and he seems to have fooled the whole world but you - the 'special' one.

Your footballing acumen is akin to the highest levels of scientology. Messi is obviously a coward right like you mentioned? I cant understand why anyone who has played in a club since 13 years refuses to leave it now that he is 26 and has won everything he can at the club level more than twice over.

Im sure everyone has lost their minds other than you... With your vision and decision making you could create the most formidable and dominating English team.... any team rather, in the history of the game. You must be THE REALLY SPECIAL ONE... the FA should immediately put you on in charge...

Or maybe you are the local loudmouth hooligan at the pub... that one who always sneers and jeers at anything and everything - be it his own team or anything else.

Oh wait, as said, you just dont like South Americans in general as they are just a bag of tricks and bring disrepute to the game... what a beautiful thought of stereotyping and generalising traits of ethnic groups coming to ply their trade...

Last edited:
Messi is the best player in the world. He's won everything over & over again but comes back hungry for more. He's a special player, easily the best player I've ever seen. I would love to see him play in the EPL but you can't blam him for not wanting to. He grew up as a player with Barca, loves the club, city & is settled so why move?

Yes, and with all that protection from Spanish Officials he has been the highest scorer for the last 4 years before now in the European Cup, voted and frequently mentioned and regarded by his peers, contemporaries, fellow professionals and the greatest of the former players as one of the best to ever play the game, and he seems to have fooled the whole world but you - the 'special' one.

Your footballing acumen is akin to the highest levels of scientology. Messi is obviously a coward right like you mentioned? I cant understand why anyone who has played in a club since 13 years refuses to leave it now that he is 26 and has won everything he can at the club level more than twice over.

Im sure everyone has lost their minds other than you... With your vision and decision making you could create the most formidable and dominating English team.... any team rather, in the history of the game. You must be THE REALLY SPECIAL ONE... the FA should immediately put you on in charge...

Or maybe you are the local loudmouth hooligan at the pub... that one who always sneers and jeers at anything and everything - be it his own team or anything else.

Oh wait, as said, you just dont like South Americans in general as they are just a bag of tricks and bring disrepute to the game... what a beautiful thought of stereotyping and generalising traits of ethnic groups coming to ply their trade...

Taking things a little personally are we?

Being a United fan I have had every possible slur about the club thrown at me in the last 20 years and I was even attacked by rival fans on the way home from the 1996 FA Cup Final....gotta love those fun loving Scouse scallywags especially when they've had a few :lol

So cheap insults have no effect, especially when they're about the English national team as I haven't been intrested in them for well over a decade....I think the FA should disband it altogether.

The accusation of racism is a complete joke, just as it was the last time you tried playing that card.

How exactly does a dislike for a few footballers from a particular part of the world make me someone who dislikes the entire population of the continent?

Last edited:
Back