English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moyes is already squirming in press conferences,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-moyes-never-said-thiago-target-130855734.html

I think it's clear that he's been told he's got no money to spend and to keep fobbing the press and supporters off with the same vague BS every time he's asked about the subject.

It's just the same as Fergie's crap about "no value in the market".

Regretfully, I think it's time for me to find a new club to watch, one with some ambition.

I can't respect a non achiever like Moyes and the Glazers have always been a blight on the club.

United are done.

You should see how frustrating it is being an Arsenal supporter then. 8 years of decline but 8 years of soaring price ticket's. Saying that I used to buy all the Arsenal shirts even though I barely ever wore them but not any more. I'm not going to give my hard earned cash to a club who have no ambition other than there bank balance.

Ronaldo won't rule out Monaco after meeting with the clubs owner. I wonder why :slap

https://m.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...ronaldo-refuses-rule-out-monaco-switch-201500

You should see how frustrating it is being an Arsenal supporter then. 8 years of decline but 8 years of soaring price ticket's. Saying that I used to buy all the Arsenal shirts even though I barely ever wore them but not any more. I'm not going to give my hard earned cash to a club who have no ambition other than there bank balance.

Ronaldo won't rule out Monaco after meeting with the clubs owner. I wonder why :slap

https://m.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...ronaldo-refuses-rule-out-monaco-switch-201500

I'm starting to get an idea.

The club's debt is under £350 million and will be paid off in the next few years due to the money they have coming in from various sponsorship deals.

The overall revenue is as high as ever so there's no excuse for United not being able to compete with the other big spenders.

Instead it appears as if the Glazer family have imposed severe austerity measures on the new manager or Moyes is simply way out of his depth and doesn't fully understand what is now expected of him.

Either way it doesn't bode well for a squad that appears to be about to lose a player that's arguably the most prominent member when in top form and that only has a couple of other top class players that aren't declining through age and injury.

I last bought a United shirt in the late 90's. I got tired of the abuse and threats of violence from "fans" of other teams when doing nothing more than walking down the street minding my own business.

In Ronaldo's defence the weather in Monaco is nicer than Manchester :lol

Last edited:
To be honest he might as well stay at Barca because he'll probably find it even harder to break into the Bayern midfield. I'm surprised he wants to leave if I'm honest especially with the amount of effort Barca have put in to keeping him.

I'm really surprised Arsenal didn't go for him. There's no better team for a young player to join either because there's nothing Arsenal like more than helping a young player to there full potential before moving them on to there dream team by the time there 24/25 :lol
If there is a club I would actually prefer Thiago to move to in the EPL it would be Arsenal, because if there is one club I do like to watch play in the EPL it is them. Not a fan of English football but Arsenal are the only club I like to see play.

Thiago's problem is different, he knows if he cant break in now he wont have that kind of opportunity later because even the guys behind him in lower youth divisions are fantastic, best of all his own brother Rafa Alcantara. Xavi is almost towards the end of his career in terms of starts as his ankle injury is making him play less and less so Thiago should be a little patient as I dont see Xavi make that many starts as he used to in the coming seasons unless in absolutely crucial fixtures.

Id like to see how future Barca prospect Deolofeu does in Everton. He has always looked promising and he is in the mould of Christiano Ronaldo moreso as a player, but he has huge attitude problems and petulance that Ronaldo was famous for in his initial years. Hopefully a stint in Everton may show him his place at the top of the game

Ronaldo met Monaco owner? Who comes up with this stuff?

The same tabloid hacks that invent all the other stories.

Until there's pictures of a player shaking hands with the manager of a new club or some other kind of official confirmation of a transfer it's best to dismiss everything in the papers as bollocks.

Arsenal signed someone. I just hope it's not our only known signing this transfer window :lol

I do really like AW but he must start signing players

https://www1.skysports.com/football...ady-to-commit-his-long-term-future-to-Arsenal

At least it's someone who's been heard of :lol

Moyes continues to string United fans along ,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...es-is-happy-with-progress-on-transfer-targets

EDIT
Awesome tribute to Fergie,
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcX3nCWmWLo[/ame]

Rather unsurpisingly Moyes starts with a defeat,
https://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/286863/report

In addition to never winning at any of the top grounds in the Premier League he can now add defeat to a team of ladyboys to his pitiful resume.

Fergie said the supporters should get behind the new manager.

I don't think so.

Last edited:
Yeah, now I understand what thecorsair is saying. Extremely disappointing to lose. No excuses even for a young squad presented today minus Ferdinand, the future doesn't look so bright. And welbeck...........welbeck........what's he doing, why is he even there? WHAT DOES MOYES SEE IN HIM? Frankly Juangaj (spelling?) looks more promising

Yeah, now I understand what thecorsair is saying. Extremely disappointing to lose. No excuses even for a young squad presented today minus Ferdinand, the future doesn't look so bright. And welbeck...........welbeck........what's he doing, why is he even there? WHAT DOES MOYES SEE IN HIM? Frankly Juangaj (spelling?) looks more promising

RVP and Hernandez would have buried the chances Welbeck blew with their eyes closed and their legs tied together.

I'd sooner have 75 year old Sir Bobby Charlton in the team.

Januzaj looked good, I hope he's given a chance during the season and doesn't get loaned out as the team desperately needs a decent young player to come through.

Zaha was lively when he came on and was unlucky when he hit the post.

I suppose the game was meaningless in the grand scheme of things but the result isn't going to do much to ease the concerns about the season ahead.

Last edited:
How about leaving this thread for talk about the Premier League and those that aren't intrested in English football go create their own thread?

Back