English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sums up being an Arsenal Supporter for the last 8 years during the transfer window. So disappointing

https://www1.skysports.com/football...-Arsenal-have-made-no-bid-for-Gonzalo-Higuain

Once the window finally shut's we'll probably be left with a few kids & a player or 2 we know very little about. I don't believe we're going for Suarez either, that story will all die down.

I reckon United fans will soon have to deal with the same situation.

Moyes trotted out a couple of well rehearsed lines when the subject of new signings was brought but all that's happened so far is one rejected bid for Baines.

Last edited:
So it looks like Jozy Altidore is going to Sunderland.

I can't wait to see how he plays in the EPL.

I reckon United fans will soon have to deal with the same situation.

Moyes trotted out a couple of well rehearsed lines when the subject of new signings was brought but all that's happened so far is one rejected bid for Baines.

The way things are looking Arsenal are going to be fighting for a Europa Lge spot. Why are they bidding for Suarez? He doesn't even want to be in the UK anymore ?? & an improved bid of 35 mil won't get him either :slap

But saying that I don't even know he's worth that with all the trouble he causes.

Utd are supposed to be arguably the biggest team in the world alongside Real. They need to start acting like it. Utd always had an amazing well balanced midfield but what's happened ??

The way things are looking Arsenal are going to be fighting for a Europa Lge spot. Why are they bidding for Suarez? He doesn't even want to be in the UK anymore ?? & an improved bid of 35 mil won't get him either :slap

But saying that I don't even know he's worth that with all the trouble he causes.

Utd are supposed to be arguably the biggest team in the world alongside Real. They need to start acting like it. Utd always had an amazing well balanced midfield but what's happened ??

Suarez isn't worth the baggage he brings with him....if he signed for Arsenal I think Wenger would get a LOT of chances to use his patented "I didn't see the incident" defence :lol

What happened to the midfield?

Fergie lost the plot.

Ronaldo was never adequately replaced, he kept persisting with several players who weren't good enough long after they should have been discarded and overlooked a couple of promising young midfielders who eventually left...and regularly picked the crap one ( Cleverley ) :cuckoo:

When he finally signed an attacking midfielder, one that had just had a very successful spell in the Bundesliga he proceeded to play him out of position :cuckoo:

Now the defence is also crumbling and the Glazer family seem to want Moyes to operate a club of United's stature on the same budget he had at Everton.

The sort of success United have been used to doesn't come cheap and United need a major rebuild if they want that success to continue.

Fergie was a freak of nature, only he could have got that squad punching so far above their weight for so long.

He's not the manager any more.

So some new blood is needed, and quick.

Last edited:

I dont think youll get Suarez. I think Madrid will nab him once cavani has gone as they will need there market signing.

To be fare, Arsenal have already made 3 club record bids, by some way, for players which have been rejected.
id take that as slight progress and at least showing intention. I do think he will get a few quality players in. Im wondering id Real have upped the asking price for higuain ?why go all this way then stick a huge bid in for suarez ? unless he's going for both which I doubt.

That Barcelona 'reserve' has won more major career honours (both club and country) at his age compared to almost everyone in the current United first 11... :lol
It would be a good thing if he did go to Bayern, Pep broke him into the first team and will continue to help him develop his potential...

That Barcelona 'reserve' has won more major career honours (both club and country) at his age compared to almost everyone in the current United first 11... :lol

:horse

Barcelona have been very successful of late.

I get it.

Just as I did every other time you've made your arrogant, condescending comments on the same subject.

I still don't care.

This thread is about discussion of the Premier League, not how much better Barcelona are than the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Yeah, right and you can keep believing that... considering how religiously you post news links ONLY related to the Premier league... as for arrogance and condescending... oh the irony! :lol

you should be able to tolerate jibes when you choose to dish them out too... it doesnt work in one way only.

and NO Barcelona are NOT better than the rest of the world. There is no such thing like that in sports...

you should be able to tolerate jibes when you choose to dish them out too... it doesnt work in one way only

Says the person who resorted to personal insults and on two seperate occasions, accusations of racism just because I was critical of your heroes :cuckoo:

Says the person who resorted to personal insults and on two seperate occasions, accusations of racism just because I was critical of your heroes :cuckoo:
Personal insults?!! And accusing of racism? Oh yeah... It did come to my mind when you went on and on about how South Americans were a bane to the game and their culture was only about useless tricks, diving and cheating etc etc Quite funny considering how the EPL's biggest players/superstars are not even English :lol

Personal insults?!! And accusing of racism? Oh yeah... It did come to my mind when you went on and on about how South Americans were a bane to the game and their culture was only about useless tricks, diving and cheating etc etc Quite funny considering how the EPL's biggest players/superstars are not even English :lol

I have no problem with where any player is from providing they have the ability to adjust to the frenetic pace and physicality of the English game...and the right attitude.

In either aspect the track record of many South Americans that have played for English teams isn't great.

They either can't adapt or have major attitude issues as demonstrated by the likes of Tevez and Suarez, whatever they offer in terms of skill is undermined by all the baggage.

bumblebee,
I think we'll find that this "injury" is non existent.

United have likely recieved an offer they can't refuse and have allowed him to come back and negotiate his exit without disrupting the rest of the squad's preparations for the new season.

If that's the case, then good riddance.

Nobody is bigger than the club and his ego has far outweighed his contribution in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
It would be a good thing if he did go to Bayern, Pep broke him into the first team and will continue to help him develop his potential...

To be honest he might as well stay at Barca because he'll probably find it even harder to break into the Bayern midfield. I'm surprised he wants to leave if I'm honest especially with the amount of effort Barca have put in to keeping him.

I'm really surprised Arsenal didn't go for him. There's no better team for a young player to join either because there's nothing Arsenal like more than helping a young player to there full potential before moving them on to there dream team by the time there 24/25 :lol

Moyes is already squirming in press conferences,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-moyes-never-said-thiago-target-130855734.html

I think it's clear that he's been told he's got no money to spend and to keep fobbing the press and supporters off with the same vague BS every time he's asked about the subject.

It's just the same as Fergie's crap about "no value in the market".

Regretfully, I think it's time for me to find a new club to watch, one with some ambition.

I can't respect a non achiever like Moyes and the Glazers have always been a blight on the club.

United are done.

Last edited:
Moyes is already squirming in press conferences,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-moyes-never-said-thiago-target-130855734.html

I think it's clear that he's been told he's got no money to spend and to keep fobbing the press and supporters off with the same vague BS every time he's asked about the subject.

It's just the same as Fergie's crap about "no value in the market".

Regretfully, I think it's time for me to find a new club to watch, one with some ambition.

I can't respect a non achiever like Moyes and the Glazers have always been a blight on the club.

United are done.

how abt barcelona? or Byern?

Back