English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My predictions for the upcoming EPL (with the current squads as of today)

Manchester City/Chelsea will battle for the title
Manchester United/Liverpool/Tottenham/Everton will battle for European Champion spots
Arsenal will barely secure a Europa Spot
Newcastle/Hull/Crystal Palace relegated
Cardiff City will finish aabove 15th

:goodpost:

I like these picks. I think Chelsea takes the top spot, but in fairness I only think that's after a major players move(which I think happens).

So I guess I'm taking Man city if all remains the same. :lol

My gut says Swansea may do better than most of you guys think... another thing is I dont think Man City will actually do that well. With the new coach they have they will probably have a better second half of the season - first half, dont think so.

I say please have a show of hands on how many want the main title of this thread edited to be the Everything World Football - as it is its a handful of us in this forum that even follow the sport. :dunno separating every European Footballing event into a different thread means just ghost threads...
I'm so totally in the dark about this that I honestly don't know how to best handle it. If there was a single football thread where CFL, Arena League, and NFL were all discussed together it would seem odd to me, but. . .I don't know how it works with European soccer. Since Flosi is a mod in this section and seems familiar with these things why don't we defer to his judgment.

i dont think we need different threads either, there isnt much discussion here anyday except during transfers and on matchdays, where it always crosses over,
i think its best be renamed as the football thread or at least European football thread,but again i dont see any need for new threads during the world cups or other major trophies

I started the thread, it's about the EPL. Transfer and CL talk will bring up clubs and players from other nations and that's fine but 99% of those of us on the board that do follow the sport are fans of English teams, so that's why I made this thread. We can talk about the other leagues, of course, so if you want to rename this the Club Football discussion thread I'm fine with it.

WC is next year so if someone wants to start a 2014 WC event and qualification thread I say go for it. The national team talk can then fall into that thread.

COYS!

Im fine with how things are and I dont really see the point in a national team thread or world cup thread. Once the season is over, its good to watch and comment about the national sides and possible transfer targets, news, ....

My gut says Swansea may do better than most of you guys think... another thing is I dont think Man City will actually do that well. With the new coach they have they will probably have a better second half of the season - first half, dont think so.

I agree. I highly rate Laudrup and he has already made some great signings. Bony is a great buy. Will be interesting to see if Michu gets found out or weather he can carry on getting in the double figures.
I disagree with City tho. I think they may just sneak it this season. Chelsea will be alot stronger tho. Looks like City have Jovetic and there us talk of ibrahimivic possibly joining.

My sole problem with other leagues being discussed is the nature in which it is done by a particular member.

axecutioner18 twists virtually every single discussion he can get away with into some variation of why everything is inferior to La Liga and has even stated openly that he's not a fan of the Premier League.

If anyone criticises his team/league of choice he immediately resorts to insults which are totally uncalled for.

If this was a Marvel thread and someone constantly went on about DC in the same manner and lashed out at the first person to call them on it there's no way it would be tolerated.

Likewise in a Sideshow thread if someone did the same thing about Hot Toys.

So why is this thread any different?

Last edited:
:goodpost:

I like these picks. I think Chelsea takes the top spot, but in fairness I only think that's after a major players move(which I think happens).

So I guess I'm taking Man city if all remains the same. :lol

I dont see Everton threatening like they did last season to be honest
Big season for Liverpool. Alot of new signings. If it doesnt work by Jan, I think Rogers may be booted out.
Infact, I was talking about this the other day. Was wondering what odds you would get for Rogers to be sacked around christmas and Redkanpp to be brought in. He's too good for the championship and loves Liverpool football club and their fans. You never know!

Aresnal will not struggle for for a european spot.

Chelsea will win the league.

City will finish second.

Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool will contest the next 3 places.

United will be mid table by Christmas, Moyes will be sacked and Fergie will take charge for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
My sole problem with other leagues being discussed is the nature in which it is done by a particular member.

axecutioner18 twists virtually every single discussion he can get away with into some variation of why everything is inferior to La Liga and has even stated openly that he's not a fan of the Premier League.

If anyone criticises his team/league of choice he immediately resorts to insults and even accused me of racism which is totally uncalled for.

If this was a Marvel thread and someone constantly went on about DC in the same manner and lashed out at the first person to call them on it there's no way it would be tolerated.

Likewise in a Sideshow thread if someone did the same thing about Hot Toys.

So why is this thread any different?
Yeah... and you seem to be the only one seeing that. :wink1:
and wait a lot of stuff you wrote, specially that third para kind of reminds me of you :horror

Last edited:
Big season for Liverpool. Alot of new signings. If it doesnt work by Jan, I think Rogers may be booted out.
Infact, I was talking about this the other day. Was wondering what odds you would get for Rogers to be sacked around christmas and Redkanpp to be brought in. He's too good for the championship and loves Liverpool football club and their fans. You never know!

I dont think Rodgers will be sacked, Liverpool need a period of stability, they have changed their whole style of playing in a way... and Im sure they know that to have success you must have trust, not just patience. Lots of these radical projects never worked sometimes for one or even two seasons (SAF's ManU, Van Gaal/Hynkes's Bayern, Rijkaard's Barca, Deschamps' Monaco) so Im sure they will give Rodgers time.

Im interested to see Martinez's work in Everton though... because as free flowing his Wigan was, they did manage to get relegated AND Everton doesnt seem the kind of side that may adapt to a philosophy change that fast.

I dont think Rodgers will be sacked, Liverpool need a period of stability, they have changed their whole style of playing in a way... and Im sure they know that to have success you must have trust, not just patience. Lots of these radical projects never worked sometimes for one or even two seasons (SAF's ManU, Van Gaal/Hynkes's Bayern, Rijkaard's Barca, Deschamps' Monaco) so Im sure they will give Rodgers time.

Im interested to see Martinez's work in Everton though... because as free flowing his Wigan was, they did manage to get relegated AND Everton doesnt seem the kind of side that may adapt to a philosophy change that fast.

The problem is as much as clubs need stability and managers given time, you just dont get it now and the premireship has got much worse in that respect. Makes me sick to see managers get their side promoted yet if they are fighting for league survival, they often get sacked !
I hope Rogers does make it work and the board stick with him. I like his style on and off the pitch.

Everton will be interesting. I rate Martinez and he's at a bigger club but his style goes against everything what Moyes made Everton.

Redknapp. ur joking arent u, lol
dont think Rodgers will be sacked, but we seem to be going in a new direction where we are focusing on players and manager/coach are peripheral probably
so u never know

Redknapp. ur joking arent u, lol
dont think Rodgers will be sacked, but we seem to be going in a new direction where we are focusing on players and manager/coach are peripheral probably
so u never know

Redknapp has won a trophy in his career.

That's more than Moyes or Pellegrini have.

I would sooner have had him replace Fergie than Moyes, I just wouldn't have let him anywhere near the club's finances.

Redknapp has won a trophy in his career.

That's more than Moyes or Pellegrini have.

I would sooner have had him replace Fergie than Moyes, I just wouldn't have let him anywhere near the club's finances.
Actually that fact is true for Moyes but NOT Pellegrini...

Pellegrini has a European Trophy (the now defunct UEFA Inter ToTo Cup - the only European Trophy 'arry ever won) and First Tier League Titles under his belt... So he is kind of like Harry Redknapp in terms of a CV

Actually that fact is true for Moyes but NOT Pellegrini...

Pellegrini has a European Trophy (the now defunct UEFA Inter ToTo Cup - the only European Trophy 'arry ever won) and First Tier League Titles under his belt... So he is kind of like Harry Redknapp in terms of a CV

That's not too suprising to learn....I think the bloke that runs my local pub team has won more than Moyes :lol

Okay, I say we leave it as is for know, but please remember to be civil. We all get worked up about our teams as we're all passionate, but insulting one another is a no-no. I consider VASith to be a friend of mine here on the board as we both have similar interests yet he is a Gunner fan and I support Spurs. If we can get along than everyone else can too.... Though I do hate his stupid overrated team.

Back