English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won't be ignored by me. I follow the US team closely. :lecture

I'm looking forward to the US/Costa Rica match this Tuesday in the Gold Cup.

Awesome!

Yesterday was a good win by our B(C) team. Tuesdays game while I hope we win means nothing as we've already advanced to the quarters. I'm really excited for WC qualifying to resume, our A squad is playing great and Jozy is on fire.

Manchester United not planning to renew Rooney's contract. As a United fan I have mixed feelings about this.

https://www1.skysports.com/football...ed-an-extension-to-his-Manchester-United-deal

Ed Woodward also said that he's not scared spending 60-70 million on top class players which I think is a load a ***.

Shrek's ego has gotten too big and his tantrums are disruptive....it's best to let him go whilst the club can still make some money from the deal.

Moyes claims he has money to spend,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...es-says-Manchester-United-have-money-to-spend

If he's not lying ( doubtful ) then he should start spending it....wisely.

Last edited:
Thiago signs for Munich....

So he is admitting he won't make the Spain squad? Schweinstiger, Luis Gustavo, Muller, Martinez, Kroos and Gotze can all play the central role. He signed for Guardiola, a manager who pushed him further down the pecking order by signing Fabregas and took the N.O 4 off him in the process. Logic goes out the window on this one I am afraid.

This is not the only thing I'm frustrated about, the fact is that United do not know how to close deals. We've been reportedly watching him for at least a month and Munich signs him in two days.

I will be going United vs All Stars, my first time seeing United play, I'll take lots of photos and put them online if I can. :)

Sorry but cant not see you suffer gaffer... :lol

If you want to continue your BS feel free but in addition to putting you on "ignore" I have reported you for repeatedly taking the thread off topic and trolling.

heon123,
To be honest I don't think United were ever intrested in him.

They never disclose details of their transfer dealings in public until they're done.

That story, like most of the other ones, was fabricated by "journalists" lacking any genuine information on United's potential signings.

Have fun at the United game....don't forget to take something to throw at Welbeck :lol

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thiago signs for Munich....

So he is admitting he won't make the Spain squad? Schweinstiger, Luis Gustavo, Muller, Martinez, Kroos and Gotze can all play the central role. He signed for Guardiola, a manager who pushed him further down the pecking order by signing Fabregas and took the N.O 4 off him in the process. Logic goes out the window on this one I am afraid.
Thats actuallly wrong, Thiago's BIGGEST backer has always been Guardiola, from getting him from the B to the senior team - and Thiago played a lot more under Guradiola than under Tito even when he was younger. It was Fabregas who was played less and less and not Thiago under Guardiola - Tito Vilanova reversed that. Guardiola felt Fabregas wasnt ready to fit in his system yet while giving Thiago more playing time.

Munich signs him in two days has nothing to do with ManU's disability - when release clauses are paid for its finally upto the player to decide which bid to take. Here Thiago obviously preferred going back to his old coach...

Martinez and Gustavo are more so defensive and central players... personally I think Guardiola will want to play Martinez in a centre back position which was originally where he wanted to buy him for in Barcelona AND Martinez has had amazing performances as a centre back for Bilbao. Gustavo honestly has never been that impressive for Bayern and has been more used for cover...
Guardiola is playing a more 4-1-4-1 style formation which is extremely free roam so Bayern are technically having no one fixed in their midfield other than the defensive midfielder... where Schweinsteiger has cemented his place

He has played more defensive over the time because of Jupps usage of him in the double pivot. He had a more attacking role under Van Gaal... Kroos is the moreso first choice attacking midfielder alongside Muller who operates just behind the main striker...

Frankly seeing the preseason matches of Bayern I personally cant understand what formation they are playing because once I see Ribery at the wing suddenly at the centre, then Robben at the centre and hardly in the wings... etc etc too many positional switches along the game... but I did realise that Guardiola may again use a False 9 approach because there was really no fixed forward upfront all the time - Ribery/Robben/Muller and all poked up at front from time to time

I'm 99% sure it won't happen but I really hope Fabregas doesn't go to Utd after they bidded £25mil for him today.

I have nothing against Utd but he was one of my favourite Arsenal players & I don't want him to play for anyone in the EPL other than Arsenal.

Utd should go for Ajax's Eriksen

I think there's a 99.9% chance that the Fabregas story is a load of crap.

I wouldn't be against it as he's already proven he can excel in the Premier League but realistically I'm expecting nobody but Baines to arrive at OT.

As for the pre-season result at least you guys won 7-0!

Here's some pics from the English clubs pre-season so far including the Ox wearing some local headwear & a fan portrait of Wenger that makes him look like a dictator,
https://www1.skysports.com/football/gallery/12738/8825491/pre-season-tours

Last edited:
Apparently some posts here are off topic. . .I don't know enough about European soccer to know for sure. But if you are discussing something that is not the focus of the thread (i.e., "English Premier League EPL") then please start another thread for those discussions.

Apparently some posts here are off topic. . .I don't know enough about European soccer to know for sure. But if you are discussing something that is not the focus of the thread (i.e., "English Premier League EPL") then please start another thread for those discussions.

sorry but the "on topic" thing is BS! I've seen regulars in here(thread starter) talk about other leagues and tournaments REGULARY! It seems one butt hurt poster is the only problem.

My predictions for the upcoming EPL (with the current squads as of today)

Manchester City/Chelsea will battle for the title
Manchester United/Liverpool/Tottenham/Everton will battle for European Champion spots
Arsenal will barely secure a Europa Spot
Newcastle/Hull/Crystal Palace relegated
Cardiff City will finish aabove 15th

I'm 99% sure it won't happen but I really hope Fabregas doesn't go to Utd after they bidded £25mil for him today.

I have nothing against Utd but he was one of my favourite Arsenal players & I don't want him to play for anyone in the EPL other than Arsenal.

We have first dibs on him if he returns to the EPL. Don't see him going to United. :dunno

Fabregas is FAR from leaving Barca, and he has said repeatedly even in the Barca press that if he does go back to the Premier League later in his career there is only one team he will play for... and you all know what that team is.

sorry but the "on topic" thing is BS! I've seen regulars in here(thread starter) talk about other leagues and tournaments REGULARY! It seems one butt hurt poster is the only problem.
:exactly:

I say please have a show of hands on how many want the main title of this thread edited to be the Everything World Football - as it is its a handful of us in this forum that even follow the sport. :dunno separating every European Footballing event into a different thread means just ghost threads...

Last edited:
Fabregas is FAR from leaving Barca, and he has said repeatedly even in the Barca press that if he does go back to the Premier League later in his career there is only one team he will play for... and you all know what that team is.

:exactly:

I say please have a show of hands on how many want the main title of this thread edited to be the Everything World Football - as it is its a handful of us in this forum that even follow the sport. :dunno separating every European Footballing event into a different thread means just ghost threads...

Agreed! :)

:wave

Back