English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be a big season for Rodgers, I think with 2/3 more additions and hopefully with Suarez staying, I think we can make a serious challenge for the top 4. I haven't been this excited for a new season since Rafa was here.

It will be a big season for Rodgers, I think with 2/3 more additions and hopefully with Suarez staying, I think we can make a serious challenge for the top 4. I haven't been this excited for a new season since Rafa was here.

Unless we sign top 4 players and pay top 4 wages there's no way FSG can expect Rodgers to get Liverpool into the top 4.

I think Chelsea and Man City will be the top two teams next season. Utd will realise just how important Ferguson was to them. If Arsenal sign big players (and that's if they finally do) I think they can be in with a shout for third place. Spurs and Liverpool will be fighting for fifth and sixth.

Chelsea will win the league.

City will finish second.

Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool will contest the next 3 places.

United will be mid table by Christmas, Moyes will be sacked and Fergie will take charge for the rest of the season.

You really think Fergie will take over mid season or is that just wishful thinking? :lol

I can see this season being a epic fail for United and Fergie coming in and cleaning up afterwards.

I honestly just hope the Spurs can build off last seasons effort.

City sign Jovetic...united sign a uraguain that no ones heard about

They haven't got him yet but they are interested. I'm so disappointed in Arseanl & Utd this transfer window all there done is put in low-ball offer's for a few players. I really think they will both struggle next season. Chelsea & City are looking strong, I don't even think Chelsea need a striker because I really think Lukaku is the next big thing. Spurs are looking great. It really looks like Bale is now staying if they get that quality striker they'll be a force. They must be kicking there selves over Villa though, especially after Barca sold him for only 2.5 mil

I would love to see that. You must be gutted with Moyes, can't believe Utd cheaped out. There's some great young managers out there who are all winners.

At this point I don't intend to watch any games until he's replaced.

Some fans will say I should respect Fergie's wishes and get behind the new manager.

If it had been someone with a record of success at the top levels of the game then that wouldn't have been a problem....someone like Mourinho or Ancelotti or Hiddink, hell even Benitez has a Champions League win on his resume.

But it's Moyes.

bumblebee,
It's probably wishful thinking on my part but I do expect the club to drop that far.

Fergie was by far the greatest at motivating mediocre players into punching above their weight.

Moyes can't even motivate them to beat a thrown together team in Thailand.

Last edited:
They haven't got him yet but they are interested. I'm so disappointed in Arseanl & Utd this transfer window all there done is put in low-ball offer's for a few players. I really think they will both struggle next season. Chelsea & City are looking strong, I don't even think Chelsea need a striker because I really think Lukaku is the next big thing. Spurs are looking great. It really looks like Bale is now staying if they get that quality striker they'll be a force. They must be kicking there selves over Villa though, especially after Barca sold him for only 2.5 mil

I still think Wenger will get a couple of big players making you alot stronger. We have to somehow try and keep with you even without the lure of champs league football. Bale is on the fifa 14 box which is fairly conclusive he's staying put. Villa rejected us last minute. Not alot we could have done but I am fairly gutted. Could have made a real difference.

Redknapp. ur joking arent u, lol
dont think Rodgers will be sacked, but we seem to be going in a new direction where we are focusing on players and manager/coach are peripheral probably
so u never know

If he did go, who's out there ??

And you cant deny Redkanpp is a quality manager. West Ham were at there strongest under him. Pompey beat United in the final and play Milan at the San Siro in europe and he took us from relegation to champions league 1/4 final in 2 just over 2 years.

Like I say, its a long long shot but I wouldnt be surprised.

If Bale stays with the Spurs I'll expect big things this season.

Seriously guy is top 5 world talent, but until he does something with a "big" team I doubt he'll get the recognition he deserves.

I'm so disappointed in Arsenal & Utd this transfer window all there done is put in low-ball offer's for a few players.

How many of these stories can be backed up by official sources?

Virtually none of them.

United were never intrested in Thiago Alcantara, Barcelona even said they never had an approach until Bayern Munich came in.

This never stopped the speculation though just as some papers and their websites continue to fill their pages with drivel about Ronaldo and/or Bale being on the verge of a move to Old Trafford even though it's blatantly obvious they're not.

From what I've read the revival of the "Fabregas to United" story started with 2 Spanish reporters on Twitter....which shouldn't be construed as official confirmation of a bid.

Last edited:
How many of these stories can be backed up by official sources?

Virtually none of them.

United were never intrested in Thiago Alcantara, Barcelona even said they never had an approach until Bayern Munich came in.

This never stopped the speculation though just as some papers and their websites continue to fill their pages with drivel about Ronaldo and/or Bale being on the verge of a move to Old Trafford even though it's blatantly obvious they're not.

From what I've read the revival of the "Fabregas to United" story started with 2 Spanish reporters on Twitter....which shouldn't be construed as official confirmation of a bid.

I know, I think most transfer talk is BS to just sell papers & to keep people gambling on player transfers.

This Fabregas talk I think is rubbish. The papers make out he hardly ever plays for Barca which is BS alone.

I think Barca would be fools to sell Fabregas. Atleast Arsenal have 1st choice if they do decide to sell. If Arsenal have any ambition at all they'll do everything they can to sign him & make sure he doesn't join a rival EPL team. Fabregas always said he wouldn't play for anyone else in the EPL, I hope meant it.

I know, I think most transfer talk is BS to just sell papers & to keep people gambling on player transfers.

This Fabregas talk I think is rubbish. The papers make out he hardly ever plays for Barca which is BS alone.

I think Barca would be fools to sell Fabregas. Atleast Arsenal have 1st choice if they do decide to sell. If Arsenal have any ambition at all they'll do everything they can to sign him & make sure he doesn't join a rival EPL team. Fabregas always said he wouldn't play for anyone else in the EPL, I hope meant it.

Fabregas won't go anywhere, even if he does United no longer have the pulling power of a top manager and they can't offer him any hope of Champions League success without an investment of £100-£200 million on new players which is never happening despite the new chief executive's insistence they aren't afraid of paying £60-£70 million if necessary.

All the "new money" in football has changed the transfer market forever.

Teams like United and Arsenal can no longer afford to dither because they'll lose out....players nowadays don't give a crap about a club's history....it's the money that does all the talking.

Both United and Arsenal are pretty silent at the moment.

If Bale stays with the Spurs I'll expect big things this season.

Seriously guy is top 5 world talent, but until he does something with a "big" team I doubt he'll get the recognition he deserves.

Bale will stay for sure. I dont expect big things right now. We still have a strike force that managed 16 goals between them last season which isnt good enough and we are still short in that department.
We are rumoured to be in advanced talks with Benteke which, hopefully, will make us stronger next season.

Regarding Bale, I think the club deserve allot of credit with his rapid progression and development. He has all the attributes to go very far and he's still 23.
I think in his mind, he may want to move abroad in 2 years. If we can get in the top 4 next season, I think he will stay another year with spurs. By that time, he will be 25/26 and coming into his prime and his daughter will be older so a move abroad would probably suit him better.
Not only that, its great for the prem he stays and obviously massive for us.

Fabregas is a very good player but would you want to re sign him and where would he play ?
I cant see how Fabregas, Cazorla, Arteta, Wilshere , Walcott, Chamberlin and then Podolski and giroud can get in the same side. And thats without another big striker they keep getting linked with.

Wenger always seems to buy the technical, slender frame players but for me, they need a powerful, athletic ball winner and leader thru the middle. Viera left a massive hole which is why id meet the buy out and get Fellaini. He really could take Arsenal to the next level imo.

Having said that, it would be a nice headache to have lol

Utd won't sign Fabregas and Arsenal won't sign a big name striker. Fabregas will stay in Spain and Suarez will join Madrid. Once the bidding war for Suarez get's going Arsenal will give up.

The Premier League isn't what it was. Does Moyes' Utd still have the power to sign the top top players in Europe and Arsenal always talk the talk about signing big but never do.

I hope Rooney does one. We need players committed to the club not idiots who think they're bigger than Utd.
Moyes needs to step up and show his strength of character in this situation. As for the club's pulling power I believe it has been hit by Fergie's retirement but the powers that be still have the opportunity to bring a big name in. We need it to restore some confidence tbh

Awesome!

Yesterday was a good win by our B(C) team. Tuesdays game while I hope we win means nothing as we've already advanced to the quarters. I'm really excited for WC qualifying to resume, our A squad is playing great and Jozy is on fire.

I wonder what lineup will post tonight against Costa Rica since the US is in the quarters?

Yep, it's nice to see Jozy finally living up to that potential.

Also on fire is Wondolowski. Five goals in two games, granted coming against Belize and Cuba.

Landon Donovan is looking into form from the hiatus. Best damn player this country has ever produced! :lecture

I started the thread, it's about the EPL. Transfer and CL talk will bring up clubs and players from other nations and that's fine but 99% of those of us on the board that do follow the sport are fans of English teams, so that's why I made this thread. We can talk about the other leagues, of course, so if you want to rename this the Club Football discussion thread I'm fine with it.

WC is next year so if someone wants to start a 2014 WC event and qualification thread I say go for it. The national team talk can then fall into that thread.

As someone said, change the title of this thread to "Everything World Football."

I hope Rooney does one. We need players committed to the club not idiots who think they're bigger than Utd.
Moyes needs to step up and show his strength of character in this situation. As for the club's pulling power I believe it has been hit by Fergie's retirement but the powers that be still have the opportunity to bring a big name in. We need it to restore some confidence tbh

:exactly:

The only reason Fergie didn't kick him out last time was because he was more important to the team.

Now RVP is there and with Hernandez fully deserving of a proper run due to his goals and his overall attitude, there's really no need to pander to Shrek any more.

If Chelsea's intrest in Shrek is genuine United should propose a swap deal for Lukaku.

In the past United have never really been ones for broadcasting their targets so maybe something's afoot that we don't yet know about.

I wonder what lineup will post tonight against Costa Rica since the US is in the quarters?

Yep, it's nice to see Jozy finally living up to that potential.

Also on fire is Wondolowski. Five goals in two games, granted coming against Belize and Cuba.

Landon Donovan is looking into form from the hiatus. Best damn player this country has ever produced! :lecture

As someone said, change the title of this thread to "Everything World Football."

Roster wise no changes will be made. This is basically open tryouts(save Donovan) for a chance to be a bench player going forward. I think 100% Wondo has earned a place on the final squad though.

It's gonna be interesting watching Jozy playing in the EPL, last time he was in the league he just wasn't ready. He's since come a long way, and his play in the hex has shown that.

Back