English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So PSG pay Napoli 55mil for Cavani. Transfer fee's are out of control now aren't they. I'm not knocking PSG for doing it because that's what has to be done for them to get these kind of players but I really think FIFA need to bring in some kind of transfer cap, wage cap etc because days of a mid-table team being able to build a team are over. I really thought FFPR were going to help but nothing seems to have changed because let's be honest PSG's revenue wouldn't cover the 55mil transfer fee & Cavani's 300K a week wages. Oh well, that's football for you

The days of a small team being able to rise from obscurity, win the league in the first season after being promoted and then go to even greater heights and win consecutive European Cups in the way that Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest did are sadly long gone :(

The gap in finances between the top few clubs in the Premier League and the rest is so big that the only way someone else stands a chance of competing for the title is if they get a super rich benefactor as we've seen with Man City & Chelsea.

The best chance for smaller teams in England these days are the domestic cups.

Portsmouth & Wigan have proved it can be done so hopefully that will give other small clubs the desire to try and emulate them.

It looks like Chelsea are using the Real Madrid playbook,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...iker-Wayne-Rooney-would-be-welcome-at-Chelsea

Roster wise no changes will be made. This is basically open tryouts(save Donovan) for a chance to be a bench player going forward. I think 100% Wondo has earned a place on the final squad though.

It's gonna be interesting watching Jozy playing in the EPL, last time he was in the league he just wasn't ready. He's since come a long way, and his play in the hex has shown that.

Now that was a beautiful counter-attack on that US goal in the 81st minute. :rock

Now that was a beautiful counter-attack on that US goal in the 81st minute. :rock

It sure was. Good win for the B team. It will be interesting to see what if any roster moves are made before the qrts, each team gets 4 roster spots. Rumor is Mexico will call in top players cause this tourney is a must win for coach and country.

It sure was. Good win for the B team. It will be interesting to see what if any roster moves are made before the qrts, each team gets 4 roster spots. Rumor is Mexico will call in top players cause this tourney is a must win for coach and country.

Yep, nice win.

Interesting thought about Mexico. They have had a poor run and I know the coach is on the hot seat. Despite their issues, I still expect a US/Mexico final.

I'm sure Mexico will call in their top guns Chicharito and Giovani Dos Santos.

Btw, did you see any of that Cuba/Belize match? Cuba had to win that game by 4 goals in order to advance to the quarters. They won 4-0 getting that 4th goal in extra time! :thud:

The "news" on Rooney's future gets increasingly ludicrous,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-united-reject-10m-plus-luiz-mata-092637324.html

If this somehow turned out to be true United would have to be completely out of their goddamn mind to reject the chance to get Mata.

David Luiz, whilst being somewhat erratic on occasion, would also be a great addition to the squad.

I think Chelsea fans can rest easy though as the story probably has about as much grounding in truth as the following statement,

"Danny Welbeck is the greatest goalscorer in world football"

:lol

Last edited:
Yep, nice win.

Interesting thought about Mexico. They have had a poor run and I know the coach is on the hot seat. Despite their issues, I still expect a US/Mexico final.

I'm sure Mexico will call in their top guns Chicharito and Giovani Dos Santos.

Btw, did you see any of that Cuba/Belize match? Cuba had to win that game by 4 goals in order to advance to the quarters. They won 4-0 getting that 4th goal in extra time! :thud:

Yeah I saw the Cuba game, good for them. I still can't believe the ref didn't red card the Costa Rica keeper for using his hands to make a save well outside the box.

Chelsea confirm bid for rooney. Lets just get this saga over with, if wants to be a b**** about it then left him leave. Why does he want to leave anyway? Does he think he's bigger than the club? No club in England is bigger than Man Utd.

Chelsea confirm bid for rooney. Lets just get this saga over with, if wants to be a b**** about it then left him leave. Why does he want to leave anyway? Does he think he's bigger than the club? No club in England is bigger than Man Utd.

Yep, they confirmed a bid but denied offering any players.

As much as I'd like to see the whole situation sorted ASAP I think United should hold out for the best possible deal and if necessary make Rooney rot on the bench for the remaining 2 years of his contract.

If Moyes is smart, he'll use the rumors about Mata and Luiz to his advantage and see if one of them or Lukaku can be enticed to OT.

Rooney has always been a ***** IMO. The guy is way overrated! He's done some good things club wise, but for his national team he's been a mess with his attitude and anger. Rooney may think the grass is greener on the other side but once he's on the other side something tells me he won't think that.

Yeah I saw the Cuba game, good for them. I still can't believe the ref didn't red card the Costa Rica keeper for using his hands to make a save well outside the box.

Yep, should have been a red card. He stopped a shot on goal for bleep sake. :ohbfrank:

Long wait for the quarters to start. I'm an impatient man. :impatient:

Yep, they confirmed a bid but denied offering any players.

As much as I'd like to see the whole situation sorted ASAP I think United should hold out for the best possible deal and if necessary make Rooney rot on the bench for the remaining 2 years of his contract.

If Moyes is smart, he'll use the rumors about Mata and Luiz to his advantage and see if one of them or Lukaku can be enticed to OT.

I wouldnt take Luiz. He's a liability and a dirty fooker. Hes obviously unsettled and I think its time to go for Rooney.
I just wonder if the board will strengthen chelsea with one of their players and quite possibly hand them the title.
I can see this dragging on all summer.

Rooney isn't worth the hair on his head, Chelsea would be mad to let either Luiz or Mata go in a swap deal.

I wouldnt take Luiz. He's a liability and a dirty fooker.

I'd sooner have him in the squad than the likes of Jonny "Crap" Evans or Chris "Always Injured" Smalling.

OK, he oversteps the mark from time to time but at least he's got some fire about him....several United players are too insipid and fold too easily as witnessed in the second leg of the game with Real last season when Nani was sent off.

He also has an eye for goal....even 4 or 5 a season is better than some strikers :wink1:

United's chief executive is flying back to England early,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...nited-chief-executive-Ed-Woodward-leaves-tour

Is it to finalise a new arrival or to get Chelsea to cough up more money and a player before they'll let them have Shrek?

Wenger is boring me to death. Why even say it.

In the winter transfer window he said how Arsenal could afford Cavani. Any bid NO

Now he's banging on about Rooney but there's no way he's going to buy him. He would actually be better off saying he can't afford these players because its just pissing off all the supporters more & more now.

I guarantee there won't be one marquee signing from Arsenal

In the winter transfer window he said how Arsenal could afford Cavani. Any bid NO

Now he's banging on about Rooney but there's no way he's going to buy him. He would actually be better off saying he can't afford these players because its just pissing off all the supporters more & more now.

He's like that guy in every pub that likes to boast about stuff he's done but is blatantly talking BS.

Maybe he'll go to Argos and buy an actual marquee?

But only if there's a sale on :lol

Fast running out of options aswell. I really thought ud get higuain but they are saying Napoli and now chavs wan him.
Probably bring Henry back lol.

And Smudge

Back