English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ****ing hate John Terry. What an absolute ****!

He's never going to win a Nobel Prize, but I think his off field antics get blown out of proportion due to his high profile profession. Tabloid journalists are hardly the epitome of clean living themselves so they really have no business criticising others.

On the pitch he's been the heart of Chelsea for a long time now.

As for my team Moyes has got his first win and Welbeck actually scored twice....1 more and there would have been some kind of rift in the space-time continuum.

On the transfer front they continue to "do a Wenger" and talk a lot whilst making bids for players they don't have any real chance of getting, in this case Fabregas.

Chelsea have supposedly upped their bid for Shrek to £24 million....I think United should squeeze at least £30 million out of Abramovich or make Shrek rot on the bench for the remainder of his contract.

I hate him. I wont deny he is a very good defender and on field captain but what an arse of a bloke.

As for Rooney, id take the 25m and be done with it. No matter what club you are, if someone doesnt want to play for you, they need outing and as quickly as possible.
Both parties need to move on.

Well another Arsenal target bites the dust by the looks of things. Apparently Napoli have agreed terms with Real for Higuain. What is wrong with them, Real will probably use them funds towards buying Suarez & that's another target which bites the dust, he wouldn't join them anyway, same with Rooney. I have no idea at all who Arsenal will buy ?? As usual there been to tight & taken way to long. I hear Spurs fans saying how they need 2 world class strikers, atleast there got 2 good strikers with Defoe & Adebayor. I think some forget that Bale is practically a Striker now & he is world class. Who have Arsenal got? Giroud who is ordinary at best. ****ing embarrassing :lol

Last edited:
No surprise but USMNT beat that *** today! Could have easily been 8-1

Sure was. A solid performance from top to bottom. I really like how deep this team is looking now. Klinsmann will have some tough choices on who makes the World Cup roster.

The US team will play tougher competition in the semis.

Btw, Landon Donovan is still a world class player. :lecture

Sure was. A solid performance from top to bottom. I really like how deep this team is looking now. Klinsmann will have some tough choices on who makes the World Cup roster.

The US team will play tougher competition in the semis.

Btw, Landon Donovan is still a world class player. :lecture

:goodpost:

I hate him. I wont deny he is a very good defender and on field captain but what an arse of a bloke.

As for Rooney, id take the 25m and be done with it. No matter what club you are, if someone doesnt want to play for you, they need outing and as quickly as possible.
Both parties need to move on.

Getting him out the door ASAP would be preferable but there's a part of me that would love to see a club make a stand and make a player see their contract out.

RagingBull,
I'm starting to think the infamous comment Mourinho made about Wenger being a "voyeur" was spot on because he seems to spend a lot of time watching what other clubs are doing without trying to improve his own squad.

Moyes meanwhile has confirmed a second bid for Fabregas has been made....the guy who's already said that he doesn't want to leave :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Well if the bid is high enough (and I hear it has a lot of other add ons including the money offer) Barca may agree to sell Fabregas... hes a fantastic player and Barca could have easily agreed had they not lost Thiago already (its a shame, what was the board and coach thinking! Thiago was the perfect heir for Iniesta in the system). Fabregas' sale will mean more chances for the next man Sergi Roberto... however the gulf between Fabregas, Thiago and his quality is considerable and he's a lot less explosive and more patient Busquets type player... its a bad time for Barca... No defence, midfield's golden generation now showing signs of aging - like Bane said in TDKR - victory has made them weak.

and I think its going to be post 99 again - the dark days.

Well it was fun while Guardiola's reign and its momentum lasted - For Barca fans like me who have been there for a long time, we can vouch this was the best time ever in over a decade. Time for Barca to be the perennial underachievers again...

Well if the bid is high enough (and I hear it has a lot of other add ons including the money offer) Barca may agree to sell Fabregas... hes a fantastic player and Barca could have easily agreed had they not lost Thiago already (its a shame, what was the board and coach thinking! Thiago was the perfect heir for Iniesta in the system). Fabregas' sale will mean more chances for the next man Sergi Roberto... however the gulf between Fabregas, Thiago and his quality is considerable and he's a lot less explosive and more patient Busquets type player... its a bad time for Barca... No defence, midfield's golden generation now showing signs of aging - like Bane said in TDKR - victory has made them weak.

Well it was fun while Guardiola's reign and its momentum lasted - For Barca fans like me who have been there for a long time, we can vouch this was the best time ever in over a decade. Time for Barca to be the perennial underachievers again...

I wouldn't worry to much. Barca will always remain strong & challenge for everything but it's impossible to keep up to there ultra high standards year after year. It looks like it's going to be Bayern's time now to be known as the best team in the world & then someone else will have there time, it's just the way it is.

Barca will always attract the best players because of the way the club is run, play, history, stadium & city there in.

I agree. I think United might just get fabregas. Just a case of offering the right money. always seemed a strange one for me for Barca to buy him when they did. I could understand it happening in 1 or 2 years from now but he never was going to get in that side imo.

We may have got a great bargain in Nacer chadli yesterday. Looks very decent for 7m and a great goal return.
Baldini rumoured to be in Valencia talking to Soldado's agent.

ok , now ur beginning to sound like Corsair :rotfl

ok , now ur beginning to sound like Corsair :rotfl

:lol

Barcelona will remain able to attract the best players and coaching staff.

United's transfer policy will become similar to Arsenal and the two will fight it out for the title of "Club That Lies Most To It's Fans During Pre-Season".

Last edited:
Last edited:
:lol

Barcelona will remain able to attract the best players and coaching staff.

United's transfer policy will become similar to Arsenal and the two will fight it out for the title of "Club That Lies Most To It's Fans During Pre-Season".

If Utd become anything like Arsenal. Expect to be extremely frustrated.

Atleast your chief executive is in Europe trying to sign players. Where's our one? On the Pre-season tour WTF :dunno

He's supposed to be trying to sign players not be on holiday in Asia watching a few pointless matches. If Arsenal don't sign anyone this season I really think there's going to be a big backlash from the supporters this season.

But Sandro Rosell has announcing Fabregas is definitely not for sale after Utd's 2nd bid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23404946

Last edited:
See Ive been a Barca fan long enough and those who have followed the Spanish league as long as I have will know that currently the jokes being cracked on Liverpool and Arsenal were the same that Barca had to face for most of the time. I remember those days when being a Barca fan meant worrying wether a Champions League qualification would happen... when the whole board becomes so crazy that your club legend and captain has to look elsewhere to finish his career... when you sell your best player in the team and buy absolute junk players for ridiculous sums of money. When your biggest rivals easily pry away your best player... Ive seen all of this.

And with Sandro Rosell on board I completely beilieve Barca will go that way... how else can you justify the signing of Alex Song!? How else can you sell Thiago when Xavi is at his careers end and has conceded that he doesnt see himself fit to play as much as he used to. How else can you justify the disrespect shown to Cryuff a man who literally made Barcelona the club it is, and force out Guardiola - again.

Barca has always been plagued by the fact that there are too many people on the executive board and they all think they know best and interfere too much with the daily workings of the team. Laporta was the last president who had one thing... faith and courage to support ideals on which the club was based on.

The club's fortunes turned only with Laporta on board... I hope he runs for elections again.

Back