English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we wont sell Cabeye to Man U for less than 25mil . Both PSG and Monaco are interested and they both have the cash for a bidding war.

I'd actually say Arsenal have a better midfield than Man Utd at the moment it's what's in front & behind them is what lets them down.
I would love Fellani at Arsenal we need a powerful player like that

But I look at that Utd midfield creativity wise it's poor, defensively there very good though.

I missed it. Wife just delivered our 3rd child early this morning, and I haven't slept in 34 hours. I know we won but I'll watch the game on dvr later.

Hey Congrats on the birth of the little one. :cool:

Another solid performance by the US. All I can say is Landon Donovan is in top form right now. When you watch the game, look for the Bedoya kid because he made an impact as well.

And finally.....

Mexico lost to Panama in the other semi. In fact, that's Mexico's second loss to them in the tournament. :rotfl

Can't wait until Sunday's Final!

I'd actually say Arsenal have a better midfield than Man Utd at the moment it's what's in front & behind them is what lets them down.
I would love Fellani at Arsenal we need a powerful player like that

But I look at that Utd midfield creativity wise it's poor, defensively there very good though.

According to Jurgen Klopp, who's obviously in a position to know, Shinji Kagawa is one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.

Fergie usually played him out of position :cuckoo:

Whether Moyes makes proper use of him remains to be seen.

Even if he does that still wouldn't help the midfield that much,

Carrick
( Too slow & can't tackle. )

Anderson, Cleverley, Nani, Valencia & Young
( Not a single redeeming quality in any of them. I think they should all be given free transfers ASAP. )

As for replacements, I really don't know, but looking at what clubs like Everton and Newcastle have to offer isn't the solution. There's an obvious reason Fellaini and Cabaye haven't already been signed by one of the big guns....they haven't got "it".

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Congrats!! :fireworks:fireworks:fest:fireworks:fireworks

Hey Congrats on the birth of the little one. :cool:

Another solid performance by the US. All I can say is Landon Donovan is in top form right now. When you watch the game, look for the Bedoya kid because he made an impact as well.

And finally.....

Mexico lost to Panama in the other semi. In fact, that's Mexico's second loss to them in the tournament. :rotfl

Can't wait until Sunday's Final!

Thanks guys!

I managed to catch the Mexico game. Yeah they aren't looking good at all these days. Panama is playing good but no doubt USA should beat them in the finals.

So tell me thecorsair which players (who are currently playing - not retired ones) would you consider as the best midfielders in the world or rather whom you would like to have in your ideal Manchester United squad...

So tell me thecorsair which players (who are currently playing - not retired ones) would you consider as the best midfielders in the world or rather whom you would like to have in your ideal Manchester United squad...

I really don't know, aside from the odd clip I haven't watched a game not involving United for many years now and the last international tournament I took any real intrest in was the 2002 World Cup.

So how do you make judgement calls without having a fair idea about the available talent...

In the case of Fellaini, I looked at how long he's been at Everton and who he played for prior to joining....he's spent his career playing for nobodies.

If he was any good I think he'd have been at a top club already.

Last edited:
Fellaini is probably one of the best in europe in his position right now and he can play in any positions.
He would improve any of the top 4 sides massively other than city as they have a very good player in Yaya Toure with similar attributes.

I like Cabaye. Good little player. I think Newcastle might hold on to him

A few years ago I would have said Steven Gerrard. One of the most complete footballers iv seen. Could play him in 3 or 4 positions and he would atleast give you an 8 out of 10.
I remember 1 season where he was played right wing and he still scored around 25 goals. I think that was when Rafa was there.

An awesome footballer and Liverpool will find it very hard to replace him.

I really don't know, aside from the odd clip I haven't watched a game not involving United for many years now and the last international tournament I took any real intrest in was the 2002 World Cup.

:lol

And yet you take about Fellaini and Cabeye like you have studied them :lol

:lol

And yet you take about Fellaini and Cabeye like you have studied them :lol

The status of their respective teams tells me all I need to know.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995 and haven't been considered one of the heavy hitters since the late 80's.

Newcastle, despite passionate support, have always been a wee little club from the North East and haven't been remotely relevant since Kevin Keegan's first run as manager....who gradually unravelled after a well timed dig from Fergie.

Buying players with no experience of competing for the top prizes won't help United's cause.

Last edited:
The status of their respective teams tells me all I need to know.

Everton last won a trophy in 1995 and haven't been considered one of the heavy hitters since the late 80's.

Newcastle, despite passionate support, have always been a wee little club from the North East and haven't been remotely relevant since Kevin Keegan's first run as manager....who gradually unravelled after a well timed dig from Fergie.

Buying players with no experience of competing for the top prizes won't help United's cause.

Note to self, don't take any football tips from thecorsair.

Where did you get Rooney from? Lol

Where did you get Andy Cole from?

I could go on but I won't. That is possibly the most ridiculous footballing statement I have heard in a while.

Note to self, don't take any football tips from thecorsair.

Where did you get Rooney from? Lol

Where did you get Andy Cole from?

I could go on but I won't. That is possibly the most ridiculous footballing statement I have heard in a while.

They were outstanding young players that were clearly destined for bigger and better things.

Fellaini and Cabaye have been around considerably longer and don't appear to have got the attention of any of the top clubs.

The only people who are linking them with United are the same "journalists" that wouldn't know the truth if their lives depended on it.

United will sign nobody, Rooney will leave and Moyes will continue to spout his excuses whilst the team plummets into obscurity.

I'm not sure a fan of a team who finished 28 points behind United last season is really in any position to be criticising.

Trust me I'm not criticising. Liverpool are currently a average mid table team, I accept that.

I was just making a point that if I were a Utd fan I'd be gutted with the current midfielders considering some of the great players you have had in the past.

Moyes has his work cut out. I guess we'll find out how important the Fergie factor was.

Back