English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Utd become anything like Arsenal. Expect to be extremely frustrated.

Atleast your chief executive is in Europe trying to sign players. Where's our one? On the Pre-season tour WTF :dunno

He's supposed to be trying to sign players not be on holiday in Asia watching a few pointless matches. If Arsenal don't sign anyone this season I really think there's going to be a big backlash from the supporters this season.

But Sandro Rosell has announcing Fabregas is definitely not for sale after Utd's 2nd bid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23404946

I think they're already well on the way.

The tripe that Moyes keeps coming out with is all too similar to the "no value in the market" crap that Fergie trotted out every transfer window in his last few years or the numerous claims Wenger has made about signing players only for no major deal to get completed.

Going for players who they have no chance of getting is also pointless unless they're deliberately doing it to give off a false impression they can still compete for the best players.

ManU have raised their offer to £41mil for Fabregas... IMO Barca should take it. I know. It leaves a gap in the midfield but There is no dearth of midfielders in La Masia... They should use that money and buy some defenders... And get rid of Alex Song.

Bayern Munich seems to be doing really well playing that odd 4-1-4-1 formation. Their passing seems to have improved and now they are playing more through the centre. Thiago seems to have been given a first preference playing more in a Busquets like position but far more attacking... The last goal they scored in the Telekom cup final was distinctly 'Barca-like'

Moyes loses again, this time to Yokohama :slap

Stay where you are Cesc, don't waste years of your career on a loser like Moyes.

They must be playing their youth team like most teams do... these preseason friendlies mean squat.

All the senior players were there,

The starting lineup was De Gea in goal, Fabio, Jones, Evans & Evra in defence, Zaha & Lingard on the wings, Cleverley & Anderson in the centre of midfield with Januzaj & Van Persie in the attack.

Giggs, Young, Smalling, Welbeck and Kagawa all came on.

So the only senior players who didn't play were Rafael, Carrick, Valencia and Hernandez.

In normal circumstances I would agree that pre-season games mean nothing but in United's case this is the biggest change they've had in a quarter of a century so a lot more is expected.

Moyes has never won at any of the top Premier League grounds, two of which he goes to in the first 5 games.

If he can't win pointless pre-season games against players from weaker leagues then how the hell can United fans have any hope of him doing any better in the games that really matter?

If the board had any sense they'd realise that pandering to Fergie's final wish and hiring his choice of successor was an indea that was doomed to fail and kick him out before the major damage can be done.

Hiddink is apparently not going to Barcelona....I'd feel much more confident if he was United manager.

I really hope Bale doesn't go there. British players don't have the attraction to Real like the South Americans do. Hopefully he'll stay at Spurs if not just join anyone but them.

According to Marca Real have agreed terms with Bale & he will tell Levy he wants to move to Madrid

https://m.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...bale-agrees-personal-terms-real-madrid-202232

But AVB has again said he not for sale

https://m.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...bishes-reports-bale-set-real-madrid-switch-20

Haven't Real got something to do with that paper ??
MARCA is a Real Madrid mouthpiece, part of it is owned by Perez. You should see the disparaging articles it writes about Barca. Its a propaganda paper, which works on the whims of Perez. When he needed the paper it went on a propaganda to praise and pull Mourinho and herald him as Madrid's leader for world domination... when Perez wanted to get rid of him he overnight became the worst coach and most hated player.

You should see the pieces they have been writing about Ancelloti since his arrival... almost like he is the second coming of Jesus.

Barca have a mouthpiece paper too called El Mundo Deportivo however they arent owned by the Barca board as the Barca club is owned by the supporters and El Mundo Deportivo is pro Catalan so it is partial towards both Barca and Espanyol

It also wrote around 3 weeks ago he had joined for around 90m and was a done deal and then a week later wrote about Perez special relationship with Levy but has been told to go away regarding Bale.
Also he has agreed 115000 a week, 15000 less than what we have offered.
I dont brlieve a word of it.

MARCA is a Real Madrid mouthpiece, part of it is owned by Perez. You should see the disparaging articles it writes about Barca. Its a propaganda paper, which works on the whims of Perez. When he needed the paper it went on a propaganda to praise and pull Mourinho and herald him as Madrid's leader for world domination... when Perez wanted to get rid of him he overnight became the worst coach and most hated player.

You should see the pieces they have been writing about Ancelloti since his arrival... almost like he is the second coming of Jesus.

Does that paper have a special supplement devoted to what Perez expects Ronaldo to do?

He's commented on that so many times in recent weeks it seems like he's trying to reassure himself just in case Ronaldo doesn't sign a new deal and departs.

Its just a propaganda paper... made to raise the Real fans in Spain feel good and optimistic all the time. Neymar to Real too was pretty much a done deal according to them. They were going on and on about him throughout the whole season about how phenomenal he is. The moment he signs for Barca the next day's headline was someones quote 'Bale is a much better and complete player than Neymar'

So dont go by Marca much... but do know it maybe a good idea of things to come regarding Real and its boards intentions.

I just hate Real. I actually like that theres teams like City, Chelsea, Monaco & PSG now, I didn't at 1st but Real used to have it there way all the time once. They would bully teams & tap up players, well that part they still do. Spend crazy money knowing that there Goverment would bail them out of debt. It made me laugh how Perez talked about PSG recently like they were dirt.

When I meet supporters who go all disparaging about City, Chelsea now PSG and Monaco, 'buying' titles, I remind them that they are simply following Teal Madrid's idea of success. Real Madrid have been doing this since the beginning. The so called 5 European Cups they won was literally in a shorter tournament and they themselves promoted the tournament when a lot of other teams were sceptical about the format and benefit of such a tournament. They could afford crazy wages in days when professionals were payed meagre sums and needed another job to sustain families. They literally bought any player that shone in any season.

So I think it's better that there has been a rise of such financially backed clubs because before that it was only Real Madrid you went in that way. Barca in their initial days tried to rival their spending but it didn't work... Until Cryuff came and enforced his Ajax blueprint in the club telling them that they would never be able to match Team's financial strength so they have to invest in homegrown development.

& that's the best way long term to be honest. Like you look at Barca, Bayern, Man Utd & Juve. Yeah there spent big on a player or 2 each season but not crazy money but only on players that they really felt they needed.

Arsenal have had a 40mil offer for Suarez turned down

https://www1.skysports.com/football...pool-dismiss-40m-luis-suarez-bid-from-arsenal

I like the extra pound that's being offered as an incentive :lol

As the Fabregas situation has gone a bit quiet the tabloids are starting to go back to Fellaini as a target for United :gah:

In addition the player known to JFK as Yohan Kebab and the rest of football as Yohan Cabaye is also being linked with a move to Old Trafford :gah:

If Fabregas represents a marquee signing, those 2 are like a small tent that collapses within seconds of being set up.

I like the extra pound that's being offered as an incentive :lol

As the Fabregas situation has gone a bit quiet the tabloids are starting to go back to Fellaini as a target for United :gah:

In addition the player known to JFK as Yohan Kebab and the rest of football as Yohan Cabaye is also being linked with a move to Old Trafford :gah:

If Fabregas represents a marquee signing, those 2 are like a small tent that collapses within seconds of being set up.

Fellaini and Cabaye are quality players. I would love both at Arsenal! I can only dream :mad::mad::mad:

Fellaini and Cabaye are quality players. I would love both at Arsenal! I can only dream :mad::mad::mad:

Arsenal quality perhaps, but the Gunners are hardly expected to challenge for the major trophies the way United are.

Neither Fellaini or Cabaye will improve United's squad to any significant degree.

Arsenal quality perhaps, but the Gunners are hardly expected to challenge for the major trophies the way United are.

Neither Fellaini or Cabaye will improve United's squad to any significant degree.

Seems like we differ very much in our opinion of quality players. Fellaini is easily one of the best midfielders I have seen for some time. Cabaye is a quality player that would be a great addition for either Arsenal or Man Utd.

Really? Your current midfield is the poorest Utd midfield I've seen. Anderson, Cleverley, Nani....:thud:

Yes it is, although I'm not sure a fan of a team who finished 28 points behind United last season is really in any position to be criticising.

My point is that United should be aiming higher instead of wasting money on small fry.

In order to have any chance of staying in the top 5 and building a team that can realistically challenge for the Champions League again they need to spend a minimum of £200 million in the next couple of years on top quality, proven players from decent teams.

No more messing around with "prospects" signed on the cheap or players who are big fishes in small ponds such as Fellaini.

The new money in football has changed the playing field, past history and reputation doesn't mean a thing.

Clubs have to splash the cash, or become one of the also rans.

United have considerable financial muscle, it's time they started flexing it again especially now they don't have a manager that can motivate piss poor players into playing like world beaters.

Last edited:
Back