English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
United should get Ronaldo, come wat may, even if Real ask 200 million dollar, and then.....

Trust me I'm not criticising. Liverpool are currently a average mid table team, I accept that.

I was just making a point that if I were a Utd fan I'd be gutted with the current midfielders considering some of the great players you have had in the past.

Moyes has his work cut out. I guess we'll find out how important the Fergie factor was.

OK, sorry if I got a bit defensive....as with elements of the United support some Liverpool fans can be a bit blind when it comes to the whole rivalry and their hatred gets in the way of where the clubs presently stand.

I went past the gutted stage roughly 3 years ago when it really became apparent that Fergie wasn't going to do a damn thing about trying to rebuild the midfield.

It should have started the summer Ronaldo left, it was not to be, the midfield and defence has crumbled, and the choice of new manager is an absolute disgrace.

I'm resigned to the club sliding back into the relative obscurity of the 80's, the best they're likely to do is win one of the domestic cups and maybe scrape into 5th or 6th.

I'm resigned to the club sliding back into the relative obscurity of the 80's, the best they're likely to do is win one of the domestic cups and maybe scrape into 5th or 6th.

It won't be that bad. You can always count on Arsenal, Spurs, Everton & ourselves battling for 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th.

So tell me thecorsair which players (who are currently playing - not retired ones) would you consider as the best midfielders in the world or rather whom you would like to have in your ideal Manchester United squad...

Mine would be the current squad without welbeck, young, Valencia, fabio, and lindengaard. I would add Cristiano and that's about it

It won't be that bad. You can always count on Arsenal, Spurs, Everton & ourselves battling for 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th.

Most of the clubs immediately below United have strengthened their squads whilst Moyes has done nothing but repeat excuses the PR department have provided for him.

The new chief executive has so far made himself look like an idiot and the club look even worse by offering below the apparent market value for a player they shouldn't even be looking at ( Baines ) and continuing to attempt to sign Fabregas even after the club have stated he's not for sale :cuckoo:

In addition the Shrek saga drags on and losses in 2 pre-season games have hardly helped ease the uncertainty about what's to be expected of United post-Fergie.

United fans were hoping for a smooth transition.

It's been a bloody shambles.

Last edited:
Wilfried Zaha scored the first ever Moyes Time equaliser to save United from yet another pre-season defeat.

Shinji Kagawa scored the other goal in 2-2 draw with Osaka.

Barcelona's new manager has repeated the club's stance on Fabregas.

Whether this stops the feckless moron that is United's new chief executive from continuing to bid in an attempt to convince fans the club are serious about competing with other clubs remains to be seen.

Ronaldo was back in the UK this week, scoring twice in a 6-0 win over Bournemouth.

He also managed to injure an 11 year old child in the crowd when a wayward free kick broke his wrist in two places.

Fair play to the kid as he refused to go straight to hospital and stayed for the remaining 84 minutes.

Ronaldo gave him a shirt signed by all the Real players so the kid went home happy and also gets to boast about how he injured his arm....most people get injuries like that via falling off something, he gets to say one of the greatest footballers in the world did it :lol

I'm suprised the tabloid hacks haven't used his brief return to England to fuel more baloney about meeting with United officials to discuss a return.

Last edited:
Oh no them dreaded words from Wenger. The squad is strong enough to win the league without having to add :slap

https://www1.skysports.com/football...rsene-wenger-prepared-to-wait-for-luis-suarez

So that's no significant new arrivals for you guys....again :slap

United meanwhile have been attempting some tapping up as Paul Scholes and RVP have been singing the praises of Fabregas.

Given the 2 rejected bids as well as the repeated statements that he's not for sale United are starting to look increasingly desperate, it's clear at this stage that the Glazers are attempting to impose something akin to Arsenal's
transfer policy on the club....if they were 100% serious about signing Fabregas the opening bid should have been £35-£40 million with a possibility of raising it to £50 million.

I'm expecting it to be dragged out for a couple more weeks then they'll finally pull out and both the chief executive and Moyes will give their excuses as prepared by the PR department.

Days after being announced as Fergie's replacement Moyes said that one of the things that managers always get judged on is their signings.

At this rate those words will be coming back to haunt him far sooner than he would probably like.

Last edited:
Fabregas is worth 55-60 million at least and would be a great addition

I dont get that. For me he was a better player at Arsenal because he was playing each week. I wouldnt say he has improved or his stock has risen since he went to Barca infact possibly the opposite.

Fabregas had some Fab performances for Barca at the start of the season and was a favourite of the coach. Specially the Sevilla game. He hasnt become worse, rather his goal scoring has become better. Plus playing false nine for Spain has bettered his attacking play.

Fabregas had some Fab performances for Barca at the start of the season and was a favourite of the coach. Specially the Sevilla game. He hasnt become worse, rather his goal scoring has become better. Plus playing false nine for Spain has bettered his attacking play.

I agree he has added another dimension to his game but paying in excess of 40m for someone who, dare I say, is a bit of a utility player seems over the top.
I think what United are offering is pretty fare in todays market.
I always thought Barca brought him to early.

If Barca bought him later he would have been worth way more! Barca bought him at the right time economically, and also at a stage where he can still be moulded into the system. Of all the Barca players in the midfield Fabregas'es pass completion is the lowest and loss of possession highest. In pass completion Xavi heads and loss of possession Busquets is the lowest. Fabregas playing in Arsenal is a little more direct, and his passing though great isnt at the level of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets...

If Barca bought him later he would have been worth way more! Barca bought him at the right time economically, and also at a stage where he can still be moulded into the system. Of all the Barca players in the midfield Fabregas'es pass completion is the lowest and loss of possession highest. In pass completion Xavi heads and loss of possession Busquets is the lowest. Fabregas playing in Arsenal is a little more direct, and his passing though great isnt at the level of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets...

True. He certainly would have gone up transfer fee wise. In terms of cementing his place in the side, it was the wrong time.
For me he has to play in the middle but with probably the 2 best midfielders in the world, certainly in Iniesta, he was always going to be shifted about. I think his stats would have read better if he had come from Arsenal off the back of some great, consistent seasons, and slotted directly into that midfield.

One things for sure, he would be a great signing for United.

Of all the Barca players in the midfield Fabregas' pass completion is the lowest and loss of possession highest.

He would still be way ahead of virtually all of the United midfield which is largely made up of players that should be in the lower reaches of the Premier League or even the Championship.

If it took £50 million to get him to Old Trafford I think it would be worth it.

Yeah I saw that. Total BS! Our boys should still win easily. I gotta say I love the team we have coming together, and under Klinsmann team USA will be a tough out in the next WC.

:goodpost:

A while back I wanted the US team just to get out of the group stage. But now with the depth they are building and a potential attacking offense with Donovan and Altidore up top, I'm starting to consider a quarterfinal appearance in the World Cup is not out of line. :pray:

Just don't place the USA in the "Group of Death." :horror :lol

:goodpost:

A while back I wanted the US team just to get out of the group stage. But now with the depth they are building and a potential attacking offense with Donovan and Altidore up top, I'm starting to consider a quarterfinal appearance in the World Cup is not out of line. :pray:

Just don't place the USA in the "Group of Death." :horror :lol

I hope we get a easy group with England again. :lol

Back