English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold cup champs ******es!!!!!!!!!!!:yess:

Yeah boyee!!!

Okay, it was a boring game but the crowd was lively. A win is a win. :lecture

One shot on goal combined for both teams. At least the US had several chances but Panama never came close. Still don't know how Donovan missed that header in the second half. :dunno

You could tell Panama came in happy with sitting back, strictly focusing on defense and hoping for the best. That was proven true by possession time: USA-69% Panama-31%

Well, onto World Cup qualifying at Costa Rica on Sept. 6.

Tidbit: "The wins gives the U.S. the chance to face the winner of the 2015 Gold Cup in a playoff for a spot in the 2017 Confederations Cup in Russia. If the U.S. wins the next Gold Cup as well, the U.S. will directly qualify for the Confederations Cup." -Espn.com

Question to corsair, do you think united's 07/08 squad is better than bayerns current squad?

Question to corsair, do you think united's 07/08 squad is better than bayerns current squad?

I don't know as I would go as far as to say they were better, but a match between the two would have been exciting to watch.

EDIT
United win their final friendly in Asia 5-2 with goals from Welbeck, Smalling, Fabio, Januzaj & Lingard,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...impresses-united-win-hong-kong-140423846.html

Arsene Moyes will cite the result as an example of how good the squad is and why they don't need to sign any new players.

RagingBull,
I think we could all live as long as Yoda and we wouldn't see another English success.

There are jokes to be made about the USA's history with "soccer" but they've improved over the years and have something to show for it.

England are stuck in a cycle of failure and will continue to stay that way until the entire coaching system from grass roots level upwards is thrown out and replaced with one that encourages technical excellence over physical presence.

Last edited:
Gervinho is close to making a switch from Arsenal to Roma. I never rated him much as a player. Poor passer & waisted so many chances but he did work his socks off. Good news for Arsenal is there selling there dead wood Bad news though is that there not bought one player except for a young child. So technically the squad is already weaker than last year which finished miles behind Utd & scrapped a CL spot. Pull your finger out Wenger or were ****ed

https://m.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...29/gervinho-verge-leaving-arsenal-roma-202624

Rio Ferdinand toes the company line,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...ed-defender-rio-ferdinand-backs-current-squad

Contrary to what the club seems to think not all United fans are stupid enough to swallow whatever BS emanates from official sources especially when it's so similar to the bollocks that Arsenal fans have become used to in recent years.

I'm surprised how many Utd fans are actually ok with Utd not buying anyone? It seems there supporters are split down the middle but even Arsenal supporters have plenty of **** head supporters thinking Arsenal are doing the right thing not spending cash on players :cuckoo:

Arsenal are about to sell Gervinho, yeah I know he's pretty **** but you can't keep selling players & not replace them. Gervinho was a 1st team player last year. So now were got one Striker, ONE? AW must be thinking of calling back Chamakh :horror :lol

I'm surprised how many Utd fans are actually ok with Utd not buying anyone? It seems there supporters are split down the middle but even Arsenal supporters have plenty of **** head supporters thinking Arsenal are doing the right thing not spending cash on players :cuckoo:

Arsenal are about to sell Gervinho, yeah I know he's pretty **** but you can't keep selling players & not replace them. Gervinho was a 1st team player last year. So now were got one Striker, ONE? AW must be thinking of calling back Chamakh :horror :lol

As with other clubs United have more than their share of fans who are thick as pigs**t, perhaps more than most considering the worldwide support :dunno

The same people that are blindly lapping up all the....manure that's coming from Moyes, the chief executive and various players about the squad not needing any new additions are probably among the first to laugh at Wenger's yearly excuses :cuckoo:

Re:Gervinho
At least you're getting rid of some dead wood.

The best United have managed so far is a claim from Monaco's owner that they have been offered Nani, but haven't taken any further steps, presumably because they've actually seen him play :lol

Last edited:
Bee, I saw this injury as it happened.

Turns out Stuart Holden tore his right ACL in the Gold Cup Final and he's done. I doubt he'll be ready for next year's World Cup.

He was just coming back from a major knee injury too. What a tough run he's had. Must be gutted. :(

https://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1509797/stuart-holden-torn-right-acl?cc=5901

Yeah I saw that. :(

Just terrible news, I sadly think he's done. The knee injuries are mounting up at this point.

I think Real are crazy to offer that sort of money & Spurs are crazy to turn it down but saying that Levy is a clever man, I think he knows he can get more money out off Real. I don't understand how Real can afford to pay that much for Bale though? Last season according to Forbes Real were over £600 million in debt :horror & it's probably even more now & with the mess Spain are in I can't see there Goverment being able to keep bailing them out.

Come to think about it if Arsenal seriously do want Suarez then they need to just pay the 50, 55 million Liverpool want because if Bale does go to Real for 85 million plus I bet Liverpool will soon put there price up. If anything I thought Suarez was on par to Bale last season. If it wasn't for his crazy behaviour I think fans would of had a hard time deciding who was the better of the 2. I have very little faith Arsenal will get him though

Come to think about it if Arsenal seriously do want Suarez then they need to just pay the 50, 55 million Liverpool want because if Bale does go to Real for 85 million plus I bet Liverpool will soon put there price up. If anything I thought Suarez was on par to Bale last season. If it wasn't for his crazy behaviour I think fans would of had a hard time deciding who was the better of the 2. I have very little faith Arsenal will get him though

I agree. If you look at the statistics, Suarez actually outplayed Bale slightly. That has to tell you something.

I really hope Arsenal sign him. I think I am kidding myself, I think I know full well we aren't, but I can only hope and pray.

My god we need him!

I think Real are crazy to offer that sort of money & Spurs are crazy to turn it down but saying that Levy is a clever man, I think he knows he can get more money out off Real. I don't understand how Real can afford to pay that much for Bale though? Last season according to Forbes Real were over £600 million in debt :horror & it's probably even more now & with the mess Spain are in I can't see there Goverment being able to keep bailing them out.

Nobody usually sells on a first offer. So if the initial bid is £85 million Levy will test how much further Real are willing to raise it.

It would be intresting to see what would happen to Real if the Spanish government stopped bailing them out....maybe they'd start having to adhere to the rules for a change.

More bollocks from the United heirarchy,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...nchester-united-md-hails-exemplary-transition

Shinji Kagawa turned down the chance to leave a sinking ship,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...has-rejected-a-move-back-to-borussia-dortmund

There's also been rumors of intrest in Chicharito from Valencia ( the club )

If there's anything in the rumors, I think he should go as there's no point him staying at United as even if Rooney goes he'll be behind Welbeck in the pecking order. He deserves better than that.

heon123,
He might go but it'll be PSG or somewhere else with a lot of money....that are willing to spend it.

United would make all the right noises about being intrested, maybe even make a couple of half assed bids but would inevitably end up making the same kind of excuses we've seen since Moyes took over.

The club may as well rename themselves the Manchester Gunners.

Even if they were willing to pay out Ronaldo is unlikely to want to return to a club with a crumbling squad that is now managed by a complete mug.

Yes, he still has strong feelings for the club and the fans but he's not stupid....after playing for the likes of Ferguson and Mourinho there's likely to be no appeal in linking up with Moyes.

Last edited:
I find it shocking that Moyes has not had 1 minute in the Premier League with United yet, and your already riding him like he has had many failed years. Football fans are fickle!!!!

he has been taking shots at Fergie as well for winning the league, what did u expecct :D

Back