English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

That's 2 points we left behind at Wigan. Prob to be expected changing 8 of your starting 11. Needed a stronger midfield....Denilson needs to go. Arshavin needs a shot of adrenaline...and diaby needs to get healthy and stay healthy or go.

West Brom 1-2 Man Utd

Shrek finally gets a goal from open play but finishes the game injured, West Brom equalise with a spectacular goal and have a lot of the play only to miss a penalty then Hernandez comes off the bench to score the winner :yess:

United are the only top team to play like crap and still get good results and if they do win the league this time it'll be the first time a team has done so without a credible midfield because aside from 2 fading veterans and the workhorse Darren Fletcher they're poor.

If Shrek is out for a bit then Hernandez should get a few more starts which he certainly deserves.

Apparently Woy Hodgson has dropped Gerrard from today's starting lineup. Is he finally realising what most fans outside of Liverpool have known for years..........that he's a liability.

On the subject of liabilities it was nice to see SAF give Gary Neville his 400th league appearance.........now he can leave him on the bench for the rest of the season until he retires as his lack of speed was almost taken advantage of several times and he once again escaped a red card by a huge stroke of luck.

Bit harsh about our midfield. Anderson is living up 2 expectation and Nani is worldclass. The rest? Yeah ____e. I'd love to see Sneijder play for us.
As for Neville? Dear oh dear. As a racehorse owner, Fergie of all ppl should know of the need to put old nags out to pasture. He served us well but damn, he was a liability today

Nice convincing win by Arsenal. Hope the FA takes a look at video from the game and throws out fines for all the stomping Birmingham did.

Birmingham always play dirty (at least against better/ more skilled clubs). They can't compete if they just try to play football so they push the rules to their limits. As aggravating as it may be it's also one of the reason I love the sport... Sometimes that group of thugs and enforcers can get three points over a group of world class footballers.

On a side note, I'm not sure what to think of this Beckham thing.... I just don't want it to be a distraction.

Ancelotti been sacked yet?... :banana

man I love seeing chelsea crash and burn :lol

He said they were back in the race after drawing with Villa... :lol It's been like two months since they took full points in a game, right?

I shall be making a rare exception and cheering on Arsenal as they take on City.

SAF has said United won't be making any signings in January but that hasn't stopped rumors of a loan bid for K.aka ( stupid language filter ) which would be awesome but I can't see it happening.

I shall be making a rare exception and cheering on Arsenal as they take on City.

SAF has said United won't be making any signings in January but that hasn't stopped rumors of a loan bid for K.aka ( stupid language filter ) which would be awesome but I can't see it happening.

Why would he sign another midfielder/striker? You guys are loaded with those. I would think he needs a back, Neville is playing like crap.

And thanks for the support.. Read today that there was a fight between Toure and Adebayor at practice...no David Silva for the game as well. We should win this one. 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Fergie won't buy big this month IMO. He's traditionally not done it, presumably because new players, particularly foreigners, take a while to adapt. I think Vidic and Evra were jan purchases and they took ages to show their class.
I'm sure with Ferdy starting to creek with age, he may look for a defender. I personally still think we need a playmaker hence why k-aka is being mentioned.
Hope we get the points tonight. Hitting the gym now, and sky plussing it...
Come on utd!!!

Why would he sign another midfielder/striker? You guys are loaded with those. I would think he needs a back, Neville is playing like crap.

And thanks for the support.. Read today that there was a fight between Toure and Adebayor at practice...no David Silva for the game as well. We should win this one. 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Thankfully Neville doesn't play reguarly these days and Rafael looks like being a more than adequate replacement. As Wanderer says, a central defensive replacement for Ferdinand is needed more.

I had a good laugh at the news of City players falling out with each other again as that's about the 4th time this season. If they can't get along with each other, there's no chance of them being a serious threat to the top teams.

Having millions to throw at players is one thing, having a manager who can control all the egos and forge a never say die mentality like SAF has done is something that these billionaire owners just don't understand.

Amusingly Blackburn are said to be attempting to sign Ronaldinho with a transfer budget of £5 million and all the frozen chicken he can eat :lol
( For those not aware, Blackburn were recently bought by an Indian chicken processing company. )

United beat Stoke 2-1 this evening and once again Javier Hernandez was in the thick of things, scoring one and making the other. Stoke did equalise at one point which caused a few nerves but Nani got the winner and things were comfortable after that.

The way Hernandez is progressing should mean curtains for any lingering hope Owen had of getting a regular game and I wouldn't be at all suprised if Macheda stays at Sampdoria permanently as well once his loan deal is over.

What an ugly display of football from City. I'll take the point playing at home through playing pretty football, not putting 9 men back to defend the entire game. City are a house of cards and they will fall through the table as the season goes on.

VERY happy to see Chelskie and Spuds lose. :wave:wave

What an ugly display of football from City. I'll take the point playing at home through playing pretty football, not putting 9 men back to defend the entire game. City are a house of cards and they will fall through the table as the season goes on.

VERY happy to see Chelskie and Spuds lose. :wave:wave

City have no idea of how to take the game to the teams they want to overtake, they do a lot of talking beforehand and then just stick everyone behind the ball and hope for a mistake from the opposition will allow them in.

The derby game at Wastelands was much the same, the team United put out that night was there for the taking but City barely had a serious shot on goal.....a free kick from Tevez was about it.

Ancelotti is surely on borrowed time after the latest loss, if things keep progressing the way they are I could see Uncle Roman taking his cash elsewhere, there's already rumors of him wanting to help fund Russia's World Cup so if that's the case Chelski could soon be screwed.

Although I don't want them to win the league I hope Spurs stay round about where they are......... anyone that helps to keep the bin dippers out the top 5 is OK with me :lol

I think liverpool need to sack the team rather than the manager :cuckoo:

Man Utd 1 Scousers 0 :yess:

A great start thanks to a bit of mischief from the cheeky Bulgarian and a typically slick Ryan Giggs finish, Gerrard & Torres got sent off and substituted respectively and King Kenny is probably wishing he'd stayed in Bahrain as he must know he's got nothing like the squad he had at his disposal during the mid-late 80's.

All that and Jonny Evans wasn't crap...........amazing!

If Liverpool get relegated with one of their biggest icons in charge I wonder if he'll then be known as ****king Kenny?

Just read that Liverpool player Ryan Babel could be in trouble for posting a Photoshopped picture of the referee in a United shirt on his Twitter page :slap

And Kenny Dalglish's son is accusing the referee of taking a bribe :slap

United have got Southampton in the next round.

Nothing like being gracious in defeat eh? Typical Scousers... lol

Back