English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well in my opinion he has reduced himself to this. Believe me, I am not the only one that thinks this.

I hate plastic clubs like Chelsea and Man City. I would never want that for Arsenal! I do however want to compete.

He has been handed a war chest and what does he do? He brings in one youth on a free!!!!

The man is a joke, a laughing stock. He believes so much in his philosophies that he has become so deluded and stubborn that he is sinking the club. He needs to walk away before he damages the club further. He looks tired, and last season especially he seemed so agitated.

We will not finish in the top four this season if we don't strengthen in quite a few positions.

I think this is a huge slap in the face to the fans that have been paying the highest ticket prices. The fans need repaying!

There is no excitement down the gooners anymore. Just lots of disappointed, dejected fans.

I don't think fans are all equal. I think those that are spending lots of money at the turnstiles deserve answers above all others.

I can tell you now, s__t is going to hit the fan big time this season.

I can't believe AW and the board don't realise this.

I think you need to sit and have a beer. There are 30 days left in the market. Arsenal have never ever been a club to thow blind money at a player. If we finish 3rd so be it. You can be proud of your team for not being a fake plastic team like the top 3 just splashing out money.

You want us to buy bale for 100? Or buy chompy for 50 million? I think we're better than that.

You can be proud of your team for not being a fake plastic team like the top 3 just splashing out money.

How much did your unbeatables cost then?

Or the other teams that Wenger won trophies with?

The idea that Arsenal didn't buy their last run of success is ridiculous.

All clubs do it, particularly since the Premier League era began and so much more money came into the game.

How much did your unbeatables cost then?

Or the other teams that Wenger won trophies with?

The idea that Arsenal didn't buy their last run of success is ridiculous.

All clubs do it, particularly since the Premier League era began and so much more money came into the game.

They cost a lot less I'm sure than city's current payroll. And Chelsea's as well. Factoring in inflation of course.

Interesting read on wages here:

https://northlondonisred.co.uk/transfer-spend-wage-comparison/

Last edited:
The most Arsenal have ever spent on a player was 15 million for Arshavin.

Compare that to other EPL teams:

Torres to Chelsea - 51 million
Chevchenko to Chelsea - 40 million
Rio to united - 41 million
Aguero to city - 40 million
Carroll to pool - 36 million
Rooney to united - 33 million
Berbatov to united - 35 million
RVP to united - 28 million

That's just the short list. Looking at those numbers you can't honestly say that arsenal pay the same as the other top teams. :dunno

Barca's new Manager Gerardo Martinez has supposedly told Fabregas that the transfer is completely upto him, the player. This makes me wonder if AW would/could bid for him. Im sure Fabregas wouldnt mind a move to Arsenal. Or this could mean Manchester could get him...

Barca's new Manager Gerardo Martinez has supposedly told Fabregas that the transfer is completely upto him, the player. This makes me wonder if AW would/could bid for him. Im sure Fabregas wouldnt mind a move to Arsenal. Or this could mean Manchester could get him...

Would be interesting. Barca have shown he can play up front. I'd rather get him for 30 or so than Suarez for 50.

The most Arsenal have ever spent on a player was 15 million for Arshavin.

Compare that to other EPL teams:

Torres to Chelsea - 51 million
Chevchenko to Chelsea - 40 million
Rio to united - 41 million
Aguero to city - 40 million
Carroll to pool - 36 million
Rooney to united - 33 million
Berbatov to united - 35 million
RVP to united - 28 million

That's just the short list. Looking at those numbers you can't honestly say that arsenal pay the same as the other top teams. :dunno

All of those fees for the United players are innaccurate.

United haven't ever paid much over £30 million for anyone, they certainly didn't pay £41 million for Ferdinand :lol

In any case I don't see what the problem is....I'm sure the overwhelming majority of Arsenal fans would take a large spending spree and a trophy next season over another 8 years of excuses.

United haven't ever paid much over £30 million for anyone, they certainly didn't pay £41 million for Ferdinand :lol

In any case I don't see what the problem is....I'm sure the overwhelming majority of Arsenal fans would take a large spending spree and a trophy next season over another 8 years of excuses.

:exactly: the fact that Arsenals transfer record is so low is ridiculous for there size. Spurs just payed close to 26 mil for Soldado because they need him. There not even a Champ Lge team. They will be next season though & Arsenal definitely won't. I hate to say this but Spurs are showing ambition & want to improve there squad is looking string. Arsenal on the other hand are now looking weaker than ever, there sold most of the deadwood but there not replaced any of them.

Arsenal are playing the 1st good team in a friendly this break & are getting stuffed 2 nil in under 30 mins. Well done AW :monkey1

Sorry, Ferdinand was 30 mil not 40.

:exactly: the fact that Arsenals transfer record is so low is ridiculous for there size. Spurs just payed close to 26 mil for Soldado because they need him. There not even a Champ Lge team. They will be next season though & Arsenal definitely won't. I hate to say this but Spurs are showing ambition & want to improve there squad is looking string. Arsenal on the other hand are now looking weaker than ever, there sold most of the deadwood but there not replaced any of them.

Arsenal are playing the 1st good team in a friendly this break & are getting stuffed 2 nil in under 30 mins. Well done AW :monkey1

Try and keep in mind Walcott, Areta, Carzola, Sanga, all didn't start. No need to stuff your head in the oven yet. :monkey3

Last edited:
I dont understand all the Arsene hating, he is a fantastic manager, and hey its not just his job to get signings, the director of football and the board members and scouts too are responsible. I would wish Barca had a coach like him because his convictions bode well for a club with a good youth setup and the thing I dislike about the spanish clubs is their lack of hiring long term coaches.

If there is any negative about Spanish football its the fact that coaches are never given a long tenure. A four season tenure is seen as an achievement. No wonder Guardiola said he would like to manage later in a country like England simply because its the only place where coaches can actually manage one team for over a decade.

I actually really like AW & I'm not one of them that wants him out but buy some players. I'm not expecting 50 mil players but improve the squad. It needs expirance desperately, we can't just rely on youth & what's even more frustrating is the one's who do shine we eventually lose because they all feel Arsenal lack ambition. We need to be like Barca were they do there best to bleed youth but with experienced players & will buy players as well.

I actually really like AW & I'm not one of them that wants him out but buy some players. I'm not expecting 50 mil players but improve the squad. It needs expirance desperately, we can't just rely on youth & what's even more frustrating is the one's who do shine we eventually lose because they all feel Arsenal lack ambition. We need to be like Barca were they do there best to bleed youth but with experienced players & will buy players as well.

Yeah dont put Barca's blueprint in mind, before Guardiola and even Rijkaard, Barca hardly 'blooded' much youth. The occasional Xavi and Puyol managed to stick while Thiago Motta, Pepe Reina, Dos Santos and all were quickly sold to provide funds for buying dutch players. When some people talk about Barca encouraging their youth players a lot, I laugh as 7 seasons back the only so called Youth players who made the starting eleven were Xavi, Valdes and Puyol.

The whole complete starting 11 being youth players have been only a recent phenomenon... Fabregas, Pique and all never made it to the first team and had to be bought back for significant sums of money. Jordi Alba is a good example, he was a forward in the youth teams, sold to Valencia, he was made a winger and then a full back. Now hes bought back as a full back.

So Barca's youth promotion is nothing to rave about that much. If the club didnt get all the success in the last few years with all those youth players, these guys too would have been sold wholesale to make way for the next dutch/brazilian/argentinian... Barca have been a youth selling club for a long time.
Iniesta and Messi were considered for loaning to Rangers with a permanent transfer option during the 2004 season. That should tell you the clubs wonderful insight about the potential of their youth players.

And im saying all this because although I may not support any English team, the only team I like to watch in the EPL is Arsenal and all I want to tell the Arsenal supporters are that you must have patience, these times of drought seem really long, but when success comes eventually, all this hardship will disappear.

Wasn't messi in Barcas youth?
Yes he was, but in Nunez's time he was almost loaned out with a permanent transfer clause to Rangers along with Iniesta to increase funds for permanently buying dutch stars... If it wasnt for the insistence of the then youth coaches he would have been loaned and sold like many of the talented players of his batch which included Pique and Fabregas.

Point is Barca knew they could never have the money that Real had but they too wanted to somehow have big marquee signings and selling their youth players was the best way for generating those huge deals.

Now THAT is more than implausible. Fabregas' transfer and bids are all true and confirmed but luring Bastian from Bayern will be like prising Gerrard from Liverpool or Casillas from Real or Xavi from Barcelona... I dont see that happening.

However considering I saw Figo move to Real Madrid, I would say money talks.

Embarrassing our neighbours will take their spending this transfer window to around 50m when they sign Saldado.

For large parts of the season they were much better than us, yet they are spending 50m and we have spent f__k all!

Defeat today in the EC says it all. Arsenal don't know how to win. They lack a winning mentality. This season is going to be disastrous! You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise this.

Last edited:
Now THAT is more than implausible. Fabregas' transfer and bids are all true and confirmed but luring Bastian from Bayern will be like prising Gerrard from Liverpool or Casillas from Real or Xavi from Barcelona... I dont see that happening.

However considering I saw Figo move to Real Madrid, I would say money talks.

The press are just clutching at straws, if the final bid for Fabregas doesn't prove to be a success United will obviously still be looking for a midfielder so anyone will be linked with them.

Were it possible they could do a lot worse than Schwiensteiger but until I see pics of a player shaking hands with Moyes and doing the standard interview that all new signings do where they BS about supporting their new team since childhood I'll remain sceptical of anyone actually being added to the squad.

The press are just clutching at straws, if the final bid for Fabregas doesn't prove to be a success United will obviously still be looking for a midfielder so anyone will be linked with them.

Were it possible they could do a lot worse than Schwiensteiger but until I see pics of a player shaking hands with Moyes and doing the standard interview that all new signings do where they BS about supporting their new team since childhood I'll remain sceptical of anyone actually being added to the squad.

Iv got a feeling you will get him. Barca have gone from saying he is not for sale to its up to the player.
I think he will decide to join. Barca may end up taking the cash and wasting it all on David Luiz lol

Back