English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and it gets worse for Arsenal. Oxlade could be out for the entire season with very bad ligament damage.

That is a real shame and completely unforeseen. Not having the strength in depth to cover injuries like this is completely inexcusable however!!!

and it gets worse for Arsenal. Oxlade could be out for the entire season with very bad ligament damage.

:slap Man that's just a kick in the nuts :monkey2

I feel really sorry for him this year obviously was his big chance. I guess Gnarby will be promoted post haste

Man Utd seem to be following in Arsenals footsteps by putting in an insulting bid for 2 proven players. 28 mil for Fellaini & Baines :lol
https://www1.skysports.com/football...to-land-marouane-fellaini-and-leighton-baines

But Arsenal help take the heat away from Utd by putting in a pathetic low bid for Cabaye. Are they just trying to piss another club off :slap :lol What a proud time it is to be a Gooner :panic:
https://www1.skysports.com/football...have-rejected-an-arsenal-bid-for-yohan-cabaye

Hey Steve, really feel for you pal and every other Arsenal fan. Question for you...you've got a few weeks to go until the end of the transfer deadline. If you were Arsene Wenger, what changes would you do now until the 2 September to get Arsenals season back on track. Whats signings are still available that you'd be happy with and that you'd feel would make an immediate impact on the pitch?

I dont think Cabaye is the answer for me...Arsenal are lagging at the moment in various departments. For me, they need a decent striker (Osvaldo would have been a great signing!) a decent defensive/offensive minded midfielder (Fellaini would be perfect and is still available) and a solid central defender (Ashley Williams from Swansea perhaps?)

Last edited:
Hey Steve, really feel for you pal and every other Arsenal fan. Question for you...you've got a few weeks to go until the end of the transfer deadline. If you were Arsene Wenger, what changes would you do now until the 2 September to get Arsenals season back on track. Whats signings are still available that you'd be happy with and that you'd feel would make an immediate impact on the pitch?

I dont think Cabaye is the answer for me...Arsenal are lagging at the moment in various departments. For me, they need a decent striker (Osvaldo would have been a great signing!) a decent defensive/offensive minded midfielder (Fellaini would be perfect and is still available) and a solid central defender (Ashley Williams from Swansea perhaps?)

Arsenal should of just payed the Higuain money, he was exactly what we needed but Arsenal wouldn't. They should of just payed the 17mil Bayern wanted for Gustavo but Arsenal thought he wasn't worth more than 14mil :cuckoo:

I honestly don't know who Arsenal can get now if I'm honest but Michu & Cabaye aren't the answer. Arsenal have left it way to late. As an Arsenal fan all we can do now is wright this season off & hope the board & AW are gone by the end of next season. I would love Usmanov to take over at Arsenal & see a young ambitious manager like Michael Laudrup. The whole club needs shaking up IMO. When you hear other fan's feeling sympathetic towards your team supporters you know your ****ed

Thought I would put my two penuth in here as well.

The problem is he can't make any changes that will make a s****y situation any better. Actually it gets worse after all the injuries we have just picked up on Saturday and the red card.

To put it bluntly we are f__ked!

I am eager to see what sort of performance we get on Wednesday night. I don't think we will qualify. I think Fenerbache is a tough place to go at the best of times, never mind when your low on confidence and have a depleted squad.

What was he thinking when he let 17 players leave the club this summer and bring in only 1? That was a 20 year old freebie as well :lol

Ok a lot of them were dead wood and not able to cut the mustard, but you can't let 17 players leave and then bring in 1?

Surely now every team in the land knows we are desperate to sign after Saturday they will increase the price on their players by 20%?

So we are royally f__ked! We either sign nobody which will just be disastrous or we potentially now pay inflated prices on players.

Well that's great business acumen Arsenal :clap

We need to address our goalkeeping crisis that has been dogging us for more years than I care to remember. Well since Seaman left basically! How many years ago was that? He has not addressed that situation since! Pathetic!

The only goalkeeper I think we stand a chance of getting and imo he is world class, is Begovic. He is exactly what we need! Make the bid Arsenal and make it big! We need to land him massively!

I don't rate Williams as highly as you guys. He is good but not what Arsenal need. We need commanding, we need a leader! I am really at a loss as to who would come and who would work.

As for a defensive midfielder it's so f__king simple it's untrue! Fellaini all the way for me! He is a class act and he strikes me as exactly what we need. He is technically perfect and sit right in with how Arsenal play. Also he has a bite about him. He will give us what Paddy gave us. Make it happen Arsenal!!!!

As for a striker I would love to see Suarez. Will it happen? I suspect not. Arsenal should not have piddled around with £40mil plus a pound. Should have just gone in there with 50-55mil and brought him to the Emirates.

I hear we are now being linked with Rooney. As good as I think he is, I don't see him fitting in as well as Suarez. Again what I love about Suarez, is not only can he score goals galore, he is a work horse! By god do Arsenal need some of them at the minute!

Begovic, Fellaini and Suarez are my most wanted I guess. Will it happen? I suspect not. Not a very happy gooner here as you can tell :(

Thought I would put my two penuth in here as well.

The problem is he can't make any changes that will make a s****y situation any better. Actually it gets worse after all the injuries we have just picked up on Saturday and the red card.

To put it bluntly we are f__ked!

I am eager to see what sort of performance we get on Wednesday night. I don't think we will qualify. I think Fenerbache is a tough place to go at the best of times, never mind when your low on confidence and have a depleted squad.

What was he thinking when he let 17 players leave the club this summer and bring in only 1? That was a 20 year old freebie as well :lol

Ok a lot of them were dead wood and not able to cut the mustard, but you can't let 17 players leave and then bring in 1?

Surely now every team in the land knows we are desperate to sign after Saturday they will increase the price on their players by 20%?

So we are royally f__ked! We either sign nobody which will just be disastrous or we potentially now pay inflated prices on players.

Well that's great business acumen Arsenal :clap

We need to address our goalkeeping crisis that has been dogging us for more years than I care to remember. Well since Seaman left basically! How many years ago was that? He has not addressed that situation since! Pathetic!

The only goalkeeper I think we stand a chance of getting and imo he is world class, is Begovic. He is exactly what we need! Make the bid Arsenal and make it big! We need to land him massively!

I don't rate Williams as highly as you guys. He is good but not what Arsenal need. We need commanding, we need a leader! I am really at a loss as to who would come and who would work.

As for a defensive midfielder it's so f__king simple it's untrue! Fellaini all the way for me! He is a class act and he strikes me as exactly what we need. He is technically perfect and sit right in with how Arsenal play. Also he has a bite about him. He will give us what Paddy gave us. Make it happen Arsenal!!!!

As for a striker I would love to see Suarez. Will it happen? I suspect not. Arsenal should not have piddled around with £40mil plus a pound. Should have just gone in there with 50-55mil and brought him to the Emirates.

I hear we are now being linked with Rooney. As good as I think he is, I don't see him fitting in as well as Suarez. Again what I love about Suarez, is not only can he score goals galore, he is a work horse! By god do Arsenal need some of them at the minute!

Begovic, Fellaini and Suarez are my most wanted I guess. Will it happen? I suspect not. Not a very happy gooner here as you can tell :(

I agree the keeper is a clown. Begovic is awesome. Highly rate him. I also agree Fellaini is a no brainer for me. Can play a number of positions and is just what you need.
The guy we have just brought, Capoue, you were massively linked with him but Wenger never pulled the trigger. He looks totally awesome. Powerful and a ball winner but he also looks like he can play.
I dont know why Wenger keeps going for the same kind of players. Cabaye is good but for me he is not what you need. He always seems to go for these pocket, technical players. Im also not sure about Giroud. He just doesnt look like an Arsenal player to me.
The problem they have now is by publicly coming out and saying they have all this money and not buying no one, teams will up there prices as Arsenal will panic buy.
For me, Arsenal need about 4 players. who they are or whos left is another matter.
I think you will get through the turkey tie.
Would be interesting to see what the board would do if they didnt make it.

Cabaye left out of the Newcastle squad tonight. If Wenger doesnt go back in with 10m and a £1 and closer to the 20 mark, I think this deal may happen.

Arsenal still has a good squad, the only problem is in their heads, theres so much negativity going on , i thinks its affecting the players as well

Everyone's opinion is spot on. I don't think Arsenal can make ideal signings at this point. If Arsene does want such signings he's going to have to pay up and if the rumours are true about Cabaye then he is going to get a lot of doors slammed in his face.

I think we need at the minimum: Keeper, CB, CDM and a striker as a bare minimum.

Yeah gypsycatcha I was left scratching my head as to why we didn't bid for Capoue aswell.

Oh well you guys can enjoy the benefits instead. For that price I think he's a bargain.

15wgo0nghp2p.gif

Last edited:
Back