English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's him! He has the money, he just don't know how to spend it. I seriously think he has lost it! He is reluctant to spend big money on big players. He has never really done it before, like Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City. I think he lacks confidence when needing to spend big.

Anyway, it's a shame but I have lost all faith! The club needs a radical shake up!

It's him! He has the money, he just don't know how to spend it. I seriously think he has lost it! He is reluctant to spend big money on big players. He has never really done it before, like Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City. I think he lacks confidence when needing to spend big.

Anyway, it's a shame but I have lost all faith! The club needs a radical shake up!

:exactly: it is AW & the club has been in decline ever since David Dein fell out with the board over Usmanov. Dein said Usmanov was the way forward but AW disagreed & eventually so did the board. I know some supporters don't agree with wealthy owners but look at Chelsea, Man City, PSG & now Monaco.

Ever since Dein went we're lost all our best players & never replaced them. For **** sakes our transfer record is 15million, AW & Arsenal are still living in the 90's thinking you can buy world class players for 7 million there deluded.

4a2abune.jpg

Man Utd lost their opening game last season and they did ok in the end. Ok it was Everton away not Villa at home, but I think Villa will do better then people think this season.

I'm extremely stoked for the new season and to finally watch PL football again. It's been a great day. Exremely happy for my dear Liverpool's opening 3 points and a very good game, despite not being able to score more than once. But what a ****ing fantastic double-save by Mignolet on the penalty and rebound. There's no shame in saying that my shirt went off at that point. :yess:

Watched the Arsenal game, too, and you should've be able to win that game. But I'm not gonna complain, we need your CL spot this year. :lol

I hate being all negative but Arsenal won't be qualify this season. There squad is paper thin & there all already depleted for the Fenerbahce game so I doubt they'll make it far this season. It's going to be a long hard season being a Gooner

Liverpool look good & Spurs look really promising with there new signing's & if they can keep Bale then wow there looking great.

I hate being all negative but Arsenal won't be qualify this season. There squad is paper thin & there all already depleted for the Fenerbahce game so I doubt they'll make it far this season. It's going to be a long hard season being a Gooner

Liverpool look good & Spurs look really promising with there new signing's & if they can keep Bale then wow there looking great.

Arsenal will be in the mix but they have a massive few weeks and will have to spend big and pay inflated prices.

Bale is on his way. He is 100% going. Our new signings look good tho and im hoping we can add lemela who is very similar to Bale.

Just watched the highlights! I heard a lot of the issues regarding today's result was bad refereeing decisions. F__king rubbish! The ref got it spot on! How many more excuses!

Wenger your a disgrace! The team played like a disgrace. They look like they couldn't care less.

I wouldn't give you a tenner to watch them play, never mind most expensive ticket prices in the PL. You robbing b*****ds!!!! Give the fans a team to be proud of! If not, get gone!!!!

Just watched the highlights! I heard a lot of the issues regarding today's result was bad refereeing decisions. F__king rubbish! The ref got it spot on! How many more excuses!

Wenger your a disgrace! The team played like a disgrace. They look like they couldn't care less.

I wouldn't give you a tenner to watch them play, never mind most expensive ticket prices in the PL. You robbing b*****ds!!!! Give the fans a team to be proud of! If not, get gone!!!!

The penalty decision was a really good spot to be fair.
what was koscielny doing for the second yellow ?

Crazy!

Crazy and just shows the complete lack of discipline and professionalism running through the club at the moment.

Not one highlight from that game, and it won't get better either. We have absolutely nothing to get excited about! These f__kers are running this beautiful, historic club in to the ground. We are completely average!

This was always on the cards! It was never even a case of let's see what happens. You can't keep selling your best and not replacing!

I just wish Wenger would have walked as soon as last season finished. I wanted Jurgen Klopp to come and revitalise this club.

I must admit I've given up on Arsenal. I don't recognise them from the team I grew up supporting. There never really been the best team in the country but the board had ambition, the team were full of fighters like Tony Adams, Dixon, Ian Wright, Winterburn, Merson etc now that's all gone. The team is just a bunch of kids. Suarez must feel he dodged a bullet by not joining Arsenal now :lol

Not a classic but a decent win for Spurs against Palace today. The Pen was definitely a Pen IMO & well taken by Soldado. Looking forward to the Chelsea game now

Yeah a good win away to one of the new teams. Should have been more comfortable tho. Would have put money on Defoe burying his chance.

Interesting to hear Hoddle who's well connected to the club say he thinks Bale will stay.

Whah whah. :monkey2 David moyes has taken over and we will never win again. Cry me a river corsair. :thwak:thwak

:rolleyes2

The question mark I have is whether Moyes can beat the top teams at home and be capable of getting at least a point out of the away fixtures with the same clubs.

Teams like Swansea are rarely capable of doing even a poor United team any damage and yesterday was no different....the only reason they scored was because Welbeck was pissing about trying to showboat and got caught in possession.

Aside from that mistake it was easily his best United performance, I hope he can continue to play like that....it keeps Shrek from getting any attention.

Last edited:
:rolleyes2

The question mark I have is whether Moyes can beat the top teams at home and be capable of getting at least a point out of the away fixtures with the same clubs.

Teams like Swansea are rarely capable of doing even a poor United team any damage and yesterday was no different....the only reason they scored was because Welbeck was pissing about trying to showboat and got caught in possession.

Aside from that mistake it was easily his best United performance, I hope he can continue to play like that....it keeps Shrek from getting any attention.

With RVP scoring I don't think you guys will have a problem. You might not finish first but you certainly won't be relegated. You can't win the title every year from now til eternity.

Arsenal fans' group write to Gazidis detailing 'poisonous atmosphere' after Villa loss tops off frustrating summer

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-angry-letter-Ivan-Gazidis.html#ixzz2cLlCij3J
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Pablo Osvaldo is bit of a loose cannon but what a signing for Southampton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23750101

If the Arsenal board and Wenger didn't see this coming after a dry spell of 8 years, they are completely stupid!!!!

This has been on the cards for sometime now. You can see and feel this poisonous attitude building within the stands.

Like that letter states, it really isn't about winning silverware every year. A realist knows that is not going to happen. There is fierce competition now between 4 or 5 teams and Arsenal should be in that, but they arn't! All we ask is that we compete in signing the best players round the world, compete in paying the wages the top clubs do, and win some silverware. If you compete in signing the best players around the world and paying the right wages, trophies will be won.

The short sighted nature of Arsenal FC over the last 3 years at least is unbearable!

With RVP scoring I don't think you guys will have a problem. You might not finish first but you certainly won't be relegated. You can't win the title every year from now til eternity.

I never expected relegation. I still think they'll finish outside the top 5 though.

In any event United already won the league more times than anyone else so they have nothing to prove.

It's the Champions League that I want them to win a few more times and the present squad would need £100-£200 million worth of top quality players bringing in to get them in a position to be realistic challengers again.

The best way for Moyes to make his mark is to do what Fergie failed at and win a Champions League final in a convincing manner.

But he can't do it with the present group of players, or not all of them anyway.

Last edited:
I must admit I've given up on Arsenal. I don't recognise them from the team I grew up supporting. There never really been the best team in the country but the board had ambition, the team were full of fighters like Tony Adams, Dixon, Ian Wright, Winterburn, Merson etc now that's all gone. The team is just a bunch of kids. Suarez must feel he dodged a bullet by not joining Arsenal now :lol

:goodpost: Gotta agree with you completely man. I just don't care anymore. It's like I've come to accept mediocrity from everyone in the club :( It's so damn sad. I won't stop supporting them of course but I certainly won't be buying any jerseys or the like for the foreseeable future.

Show some goddamn ambition Arsenal!!

Back