English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classico's heating up, what a game this is!

-Unending diving
-That chip from Sanchez
-2 rejected penalty appeals?
-Alves nutmegs a frustrated Ronaldo! XD

I will be hoping for a draw between City and Chelsea tomorrow to keep us in 2nd, Coutinho should be fit for next week too :yess:.

I hate to say this but I think it's going to be one of them two which will go on to win the title.

Looking forward to the Arsenal, Liverpool game though. I'm a Gooner but now Pool have Suarez back they look better than Arsenal IMO. Liverpool were awesome against WBA yesterday. Arsenal need a Striker of that kind of calibre to win the title

People seem to keep forgetting about Spurs as well. They had one bad game against West Ham & then a lot of people have written them off but they look great.

I hate to say this but I think it's going to be one of them two which will go on to win the title.

Looking forward to the Arsenal, Liverpool game though. I'm a Gooner but now Pool have Suarez back they look better than Arsenal IMO. Liverpool were awesome against WBA yesterday. Arsenal need a Striker of that kind of calibre to win the title

People seem to keep forgetting about Spurs as well. They had one bad game against West Ham & then a lot of people have written them off but they look great.

I agree. I said City but I think it may take them one more season. Liverpools problem will be keeping Suarez again. Im not convinced he wants to be there and Madrid will come calling in Jan. They are doing great tho. I think they will drop off but can easily threaten the top 4 this season .
I know all the talk is about Ozil at Arsenal but the un sung hero is Flamini this season for them. If Wenger has a good window this jan and they get thru the next 4 games, they can go on and win the league.
The problem with us is AVB doesnt know his best team yet and we are not playing to Saldado's strengths. But, we do have a very strong squad this season.

Congratulations to Barca for beating the scummiest team

Barcelona have as many cheats as Real, they just get a free pass because they play nice football.

It's bad enough when crappy players/teams con officials but for teams with their ability it's a disgrace.

If FIFA and UEFA weren't so weak they'd adopt a zero tolerance policy eg,

Any diving or other form of feigning injury = Red card.

Any player puts a hand on an official = Red card.

Any group of players crowding the ref and trying to influence a decision = Yellow card the lot of them. If any player has already recieved a yellow by that point then they're off.

Teams should get automatically deducted 5 points when they reach a certain number of cards.

Extreme perhaps, but if the punishments were a lot harsher it might mean the game changed for the better and everyone treated opponents and the officials with more respect.

As for the Premier League, I want Chelsea to win it.

Last edited:
Barcelona have as many cheats as Real, they just get a free pass because they play nice football.

It's bad enough when crappy players/teams con officials but for teams with their ability it's a disgrace.

If FIFA and UEFA weren't so weak they'd adopt a zero tolerance policy eg,

Any diving or other form of feigning injury = Red card.

Any player puts a hand on an official = Red card.

Any group of players crowding the ref and trying to influence a decision = Yellow card the lot of them. If any player has already recieved a yellow by that point then they're off.

Teams should get automatically deducted 5 points when they reach a certain number of cards.

Extreme perhaps, but if the punishments were a lot harsher it might mean the game changed for the better and everyone treated opponents and the officials with more respect.

As for the Premier League, I want Chelsea to win it.

Yeah I agree with allot of this. Iv always said if every game was viewed after the game for things the ref missed, racism, diving, it would cut pretty much all of it out. If you dive or con the official, 3 game ban. All this play acting would stop.
Any signs of racism from the fans, points deduction. Its not rocket science. Just a shame the chuckle brothers are in charge of fifa.

Yeah I agree with allot of this. Iv always said if every game was viewed after the game for things the ref missed, racism, diving, it would cut pretty much all of it out. If you dive or con the official, 3 game ban. All this play acting would stop.
Any signs of racism from the fans, points deduction. Its not rocket science. Just a shame the chuckle brothers are in charge of fifa.

I think the increasing lack of discipline is one of the reasons I've lost intrest in watching other teams over the years, I don't like it when United players do it so it's even less appealing when it's teams I have no connection with.

If FIFA have the Chuckle Brothers in control then United have Mr Bean,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...to-consider-sending-wilfried-zaha-out-on-loan

So his excuse for not giving Zaha a game is that he needs to give Nani, Young and Valencia game time, something that isn't exactly helping the cause.

Zaha can play both sides so he can't use Januzaj as an excuse either.

He also appears to think that Kagawa is a natural winger :cuckoo:

Fergie claims two of his biggest mistakes were letting Jaap Stam go and not signing Frank Lampard as a youngster.

Judging from his results and the clueless comments he keeps coming out with it looks as if Fergie's "chosen one" is about to make those decisions look inspired.

Chelsea 2-1 Man City :yess:

Last edited:
I'm glad Jose is back, the league needs a guy with a bit of personality, especially now Fergie has retired.

I just wish United had moved quicker and hijacked his return to Chelsea.

Speculation is already starting about a Bale return to the Premier League :lol

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-bale-already-lined-leave-real-madrid-114425462--sow.html

If it happens I hope United go nowhere near him. He's not even close to being in the same league as Ronaldo and looks an even bigger tool with all the theatricals at free kicks and that retarded goal celebration.

Jose may still want Shrek,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...ourinho-eyes-rooney-swoop-094330659--sow.html

If United finally get rid of the money grabbing Scouse troglodyte it would be something to take from what will otherwise be a season to forget.

EDIT
Moyes defends Nani :cuckoo:
https://www1.skysports.com/football...d-boss-david-moyes-defends-nani-from-boo-boys

Last edited:
A rare sighting of Wilfried Zaha!

Anderson and Nani look like they're in the thick of the action as usual :rolleyes2

Good to see Fletcher back, can't to see him back in action.

Seriously?

It's one thing being sympathetic because the guy has had a serious illness but he's been out for 2 years with an illness that isn't fully recoverable, it's something he has to live with....he'll never be 100% again and he has even said as much himself.

I would also argue that pre-illness Fletcher was one of several players that helped contribute to the overall decline in United's midfield because he was at best ordinary.

Even if he's even able to stay fit it'll take months for him to properly attune to the pace of first team football again and in their present position United can't afford to carry anyone, they already have too many players that are a liability.

Bringing Fletcher back as a regular would only prevent another youngster from getting a chance and after losing Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison for similar reasons that's something the club can't afford to continue doing.

The future is what's important, hanging onto the past will only speed up the decline.

Last edited:
Seriously?

It's one thing being sympathetic because the guy has had a serious illness but he's been out for 2 years with an illness that isn't fully recoverable, it's something he has to live with....he'll never be 100% again and he has even said as much himself.

I would also argue that pre-illness Fletcher was one of several players that helped contribute to the overall decline in United's midfield because he was at best ordinary.

Even if he's even able to stay fit it'll take months for him to properly attune to the pace of first team football again and in their present position United can't afford to carry anyone, they already have too many players that are a liability.

Bringing Fletcher back as a regular would only prevent another youngster from getting a chance and after losing Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison for similar reasons that's something the club can't afford to continue doing.

The future is what's important, hanging onto the past will only speed up the decline.

Considering the midfield united (anderson/clevs) have now, having fletcher is a given in a way.

Considering the midfield united (anderson/clevs) have now, having fletcher is a given in a way.

I suppose he could hardly be any worse than Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson and Fellaini :lol

I was reading about United players and their contracts today and it turns out that Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Carrick and Giggs all have deals that expire at the end of the season.

In addition, Shrek, Cleverley, Valencia and a couple of others have deals that expire at the end of next season.

Talk about a golden opportunity to have a clearout.

Last edited:
Newcastle 2 Chelsea 0

Chelsea have been quite poor today but it's good to see Newcastle winning today. There got a **** head owner & an ordinary manager but there got great supporters.

Chelsea look really blunt up front. I still can't believe there loaned out Lukaku again. Such a great player & scores goals which is what none of Chelsea's strikers are doing.

Funny thing is the pundits were saying how poor Newcastle have been this season. A few hours later they beat Chelsea & are now level on points with Utd. What does that say about Utd this season so far :lol

Last edited:
United 3 Fulham 1

-2nd half was atrocious
-1st half was best we've been all season.
-Kagawa wasn't at it today, should be taking advantage of the minutes he gets. Like Januzaj
-RVP, Valencia and Rooney were great.
-Still problems with defence

Mourinho to be sacked?

My prediction for Liv-Ars game ( 4-2 )

Back