English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

Are you for real?

A friend of mine watched the United game in midweek and said that aside from his goal Young's overall play was no better than usual, all his crosses and corners were overhit and as a winger that, more than anything else is what he's in the team for.

All the heart in the world is no substitute for a lack of ability.

As for the suggestion that United have any kind of chance of winning the Champions League, that's hilarious :rotfl

If Fergie, one of the greatest managers of all time couldn't reach the final with the present squad what gives you reason to believe that Moyes can?

If he spends £200 million in January and manages to sign 4-5 world class players instead of donkeys like Fellaini he may have a chance, but that's about as likely to happen as Welbeck scoring more goals in a season than Suarez has just managed in a month.

They played a lot better than the previous weeks and look to have control of games. Apart from the goal and assist Young was like his usual self but if it wasn't for him, United would have probably lost again.

I always believe any team can win Champions League. Look at Dortmund last year for example, dark horses. Everyone thought Dortmund would come third in their group last year but they topped the group and went onto the final and could've won it if its wasn't for Bayern who look like their getting stronger every game.

transitional period.

They played a lot better than the previous weeks and look to have control of games. Apart from the goal and assist Young was like his usual self but if it wasn't for him, United would have probably lost again.

I always believe any team can win Champions League. Look at Dortmund last year for example, dark horses. Everyone thought Dortmund would come third in their group last year but they topped the group and went onto the final and could've won it if its wasn't for Bayern who look like their getting stronger every game.

They got routine wins against teams they are expected to beat and nothing more.

That isn't even close to being enough to make United realistic Champions League contenders.

You can make all the excuses about "transitional periods" you like but the reality is that United's days on top are over and things are only likely to get worse because the Glazers won't ever allow enough of their profits to be used to rebuild the squad to the extent that is needed.

Last edited:
Last edited:
WTF I'm not able to watch the Arsenal, Chelsea game but over 75mins gone & just one shot to Chelsea's 9 & were the home team. Not looking promising for Arsenal looking at them stats. I really hope AW reinforces this Jan transfer window. Against the 2 Manchester teams & now Chelsea we keep coming up short

I finally decide to watch a game not involving United and it was 0-0 :gah:

Arsenal overpass the ball a LOT. Being able to pass the ball around like it's a game of pinball doesn't mean **** if the opposing goalie barely has to be called into action.

Ozil looks like a frog.

When did aliens abduct Torres and replace him with a slug?

David Luiz had difficulty in the wind when he came on as it played hell with his magnificent mop.

Juan Mata is wasted on the Chelsea bench.

At half time and again at the end of the game I kept hearing a high pitched squeaking sound but it was only Jamie Carragher so a new TV isn't required.

I finally decide to watch a game not involving United and it was 0-0 :gah:

Arsenal overpass the ball a LOT. Being able to pass the ball around like it's a game of pinball doesn't mean **** if the opposing goalie barely has to be called into action.

Ozil looks like a frog.

When did aliens abduct Torres and replace him with a slug?

David Luiz had difficulty in the wind when he came on as it played hell with his magnificent mop.

Juan Mata is wasted on the Chelsea bench.

At half time and again at the end of the game I kept hearing a high pitched squeaking sound but it was only Jamie Carragher so a new TV isn't required.

This is the kind of insightfulness we are missing in this forum.

EDIT

Jose Mourinho is never short of something to say and was on fine form last night,

On Arsenal's reactions to some tough tackling,
"They like to cry, that's tradition" :lol

On the "boring" chants directed at his team,
"I'd agree. I played them 10 times and never lost. Ten times, they don't win once" :lol

Last edited:
Jose Mourinho is never short of something to say and was on fine form last night,

On Arsenal's reactions to some tough tackling,
"They like to cry, that's tradition" :lol

On the "boring" chants directed at his team,
"I'd agree. I played them 10 times and never lost. Ten times, they don't win once" :lol

ahahah classic mou :lol

Mourinho always likes to hate on one player and sadly it's Mata, one of their best players last season.

Chelsea played better football under Rafa.

If Mourinho finishes higher than Benitez did, his decision on Mata will be justified. His style of football might not be pretty but it gets results.

If he signs a decent striker in January they will be very tough to stop.

I think the game needs characters like Jose.

In an age where some managers bore everyone to sleep with their inane prattling about the technicalities of the game he stands out as one of the only guys with a personality.

If Mourinho finishes higher than Benitez did, his decision on Mata will be justified. His style of football might not be pretty but it gets results.

In an age where some managers bore everyone to sleep with their inane prattling about the technicalities of the game he stands out as one of the only guys with a personality.

On the flip side, this chelsea sides strikers have not scored an away goal in the calender year between them. With Mata on the park who imo, is there most creative player, I feel they would probably have scored allot more.

Sloppy until Smalling scored the header.

A bit of a scare at the end of the game but ended 3-2.

United move up to 6th in the League

Hopefully United begin to appear as a bigger threat in the race.

Man of the Match: Young, nah jokes Rooney

He is great if you want clowns and carnivals in your sport. Yes he brings headlines buy so does Miley Cyrus. Not sure if the sport should be dragged down to his level.

He is great if you want clowns and carnivals in your sport. Yes he brings headlines buy so does Miley Cyrus. Not sure if the sport should be dragged down to his level.

More importantly, he brings trophies, including the biggest prize in European club football.

Last edited:
Back