English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
United have made a total of 533 crosses in league games this season.

423 of them have failed to find a United player.

Yet Moyes still picks them and leaves Wilfried Zaha in limbo :cuckoo:

Ashamed to be a fan after those stats. Jesus, from wingers like Ronaldo and Beckham.... :slap

Thanks god for Adnan Januzaj!

The shining beacon of hope in a doomed and stained season.

Moyes logic out stands me with why he chooses Valencia from game to game. Spot on with that Zaha point :exactly:

Last edited:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Pros
He's ex-United and will understand the expectations of the club.

Has already proved he's a winner. 3 trophies in 3 seasons is already better than Moyes' entire career.

Seems to be an intelligent guy....compared to the dumbass that ignored Fergie and replaced a successful backroom team with losers.

Cons
No experience at the top level. Yet.

His relative lack of experience means he's not at the point where top names would be likely to want to play for him, that kind of reputation may come in time but United need someone capable of doing that now, not in 5-10 years time.

Pep Guardiola
Pros
Has pretty much everything a United manager needs.

Cons
Like Mourinho the only real question mark is whether he can build a decent team with a small budget.

So far he's used to being in charge of clubs with money to burn. How would he handle being told by the Glazers to lie to fans and come up with drivel like the infamous "no value in the market" excuse every transfer window?

My guess is that if the United job became available, he'd avoid it, particularly whilst he's still at Bayern Munich.

EDIT
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer starts with a win with goals scored by his substitutes. Very fitting :)
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/fa-cup-team-news-newcastle-united-v-cardiff-171620893--sow.html

Last edited:
I just see that Utd are out of the FA Cup. I didn't see the game but I could imagine a lot of jeering at the end of that match.

Seriously Utd need to cut there loses with Moyes. Go for Klopp, his team is slowly getting dismantled now & with another of his best players going to Bayern. He doesn't need a fortune to build a squad & he won't have the Fergie pressure now Moyes has taken over & destroyed all expectations.

Another thing Moyes sets his teams out to play some seriously boring football most of the time. Klopp would change that

Sacking Moyes won't really make any difference as whoever replaces him still has to deal with the poor squad and lack of proper financial support from the Glazers.

I'm starting to wonder if Fergie helped engineer the decline so that his legacy remains untouchable.

If they'd gone for Mourinho or someone of a similar calibre there was a chance that some of Fergie's achievements could be bettered ( more than 2 CL wins for example ).

A man with Fergie's ego couldn't have that happen so he championed a complete plonker as his successor as that way his status would be secure for decades, particularly with owners that're reluctant to spend the kind of money on the team that's required to prevent the decline from becoming terminal.

Maybe they'll rise again someday, but for now they're done.

He is that arrogant so he may have done that.

It all seems to have fallen into place.

He signed Anderson, Nani, Valencia and Young and stuck with them long after it became obvious that they weren't up to the job.

He stuck with Ferdinand, Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Scholes and Giggs for too long and didn't replace them adequately.

He let Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison go because he wouldn't give them a chance in the first team yet the inferior Cleverley and Welbeck became regulars.

He didn't kick Shrek out when he first wanted to leave. How bad this season ends up now depends largely on the fitness of a player who doesn't want to be there who's probably plotting his exit as I type this.

He signed RVP who was always likely to break down injured at some point....or at least pretend to in order to spend time counting his money.

When he did finally buy a creative central midfielder, he played him out of position and unsuprisingly it had an adverse effect on his performances and confidence. Kagawa looks totally lost in a United shirt when he should have become one of the players that helped keep the success going.

All that was on Fergie's watch, but he'll be exonerated of any blame by most United fans because of all the success he brought to the club.

I don't think Moyes is good enough for the job but part of me feels a bit sorry for him as if truth be told he never really stood a chance unless the owners were prepared to spend £100-£200 million on some big names in his first few transfer windows.

So far they've spent £27.5 million on a wig on a stick.

If United used a couple of ex-players as ambassadors to help sell the club to potential signings the inability of Moyes to attract anyone wouldn't be such an issue. Cantona and ( as much as it pains me to say it ) Beckham would be ideal for such a role.

Last edited:
Pep Guardiola
Pros
Has pretty much everything a United manager needs.

Cons
Like Mourinho the only real question mark is whether he can build a decent team with a small budget.

So far he's used to being in charge of clubs with money to burn. How would he handle being told by the Glazers to lie to fans and come up with drivel like the infamous "no value in the market" excuse every transfer window?

My guess is that if the United job became available, he'd avoid it, particularly whilst he's still at Bayern Munich.
Something interesting you should know is Guardiola tends to promote youth players of clubs more than signings. And of all the transfers he personally chooses one or two targets max. The rest are more club executive decisions. It was things like that which cost a lot of players at Barca. Good ones like Yaya Toure (deposed in favour of Youth player Busquet) Ibrahimovic (deposed due to disciplinary issues as well as youth player Pedro) Caceras never got a chance because Guardiola again favoured Pique and Mascherano (proficient ball distributors)
And his personal targets have been 1. Mascherano 2. Alexis Sanchez 3. Fabregas 4. David Villa.

Players who have proved indispensable.

With Bayern, he has had only one personal transfer target. Thiago Alcantara from Barca, who is now pretty much integral in his setup. He was given Gotze and Lewandowski without having to ask for them.

So itll be the youth team which must convince him. The transfer kitty though a serious thing doesnt concern him much because he prefers promotion as he himself was the result of Cryuff's faith in a ball boy over big transfer names.

Last edited:
Something interesting you should know is Guardiola tends to promote youth players of clubs more than signings. And of all the transfers he personally chooses one or two targets max. The rest are more club executive decisions. It was things like that which cost a lot of players at Barca. Good ones like Yaya Toure (deposed in favour of Youth player Busquet) Ibrahimovic (deposed due to disciplinary issues as well as youth player Pedro) Caceras never got a chance because Guardiola again favoured Pique and Mascherano (proficient ball distributors)
And his personal targets have been 1. Mascherano 2. Alexis Sanchez 3. Fabregas 4. David Villa.

Players who have proved indispensable.

With Bayern, he has had only one personal transfer target. Thiago Alcantara from Barca, who is now pretty much integral in his setup. He was given Gotze and Lewandowski without having to ask for them.

So itll be the youth team which must convince him. The transfer kitty though a serious thing doesnt concern him much because he prefers promotion as he himself was the result of Cryuff's faith in a ball boy over big transfer names.

So basically he's perfect for a club like United who like to promote themselves as a team who give youngsters a chance.

British tabloids are now saying Moyes will get a transfer kitty of £100-£200 million ( depends which one you read ) in the next couple of transfer windows but I'll believe that when I see the players doing the obligatory cheesy pose with a club scarf.

After Fellaini I'd also be concerned just who they'd try and panic buy this month....they need someone big as a morale booster but who's going to move in January especially to a club in crisis?

EDIT
Sunderland 2-1 Man Utd

United's first loss to Sunderland in 13 years.

Last edited:
So basically he's perfect for a club like United who like to promote themselves as a team who give youngsters a chance.

British tabloids are now saying Moyes will get a transfer kitty of £100-£200 million ( depends which one you read ) in the next couple of transfer windows but I'll believe that when I see the players doing the obligatory cheesy pose with a club scarf.

After Fellaini I'd also be concerned just who they'd try and panic buy this month....they need someone big as a morale booster but who's going to move in January especially to a club in crisis?

EDIT
Another record for Moyes....the first loss to Sunderland in 13 years

Yeah I've been seeing some of them stories but then there's the big BUT were Moyes says there's no good players available, it's kinda the same story of the last transfer window.

Another defeat for Utd tonight though so what's that 3 defeats in a row? but I'm sure they'll hammer Sunderland in the 2nd Leg but Moyes seems to be breaking all the records at Utd but not records he will want :lol

It would be hilarious if Utd went on to win the Champions League after the season there had

Yeah I've been seeing some of them stories but then there's the big BUT were Moyes says there's no good players available, it's kinda the same story of the last transfer window.

Another defeat for Utd tonight though so what's that 3 defeats in a row? but I'm sure they'll hammer Sunderland in the 2nd Leg but Moyes seems to be breaking all the records at Utd but not records he will want :lol

It would be hilarious if Utd went on to win the Champions League after the season there had

Moyes has just been spouting the same excuses he's been instructed to from day one.

Anyone can be bought for the right price, we see countless times that contracts don't really mean a thing. United's owners just don't want to spend.

Tonight's result means it's the first time they've lost 3 in a row since May 2001.

Last edited:
I think if he loses the game against Swansea it's time up for him. He's given the Glazers a decision to make

The decline of Man Utd is a beautiful thing :lol

After dominating the last 20 years plus, one terrible season and the fans react the way they have, stands to reason why I have hated everything about the club for so long!

I think if he loses the game against Swansea it's time up for him. He's given the Glazers a decision to make

Sacking Moyes & his coaching staff won't alter the fact that the squad is crap and there's not enough money available to properly rebuild it.

Just accept it man, United's time is over and Fergie and the Glazers are to blame, Moyes is just the patsy.

There's no point watching a team that'll only leave you feeling disappointed or angry or frustrated so find another one, move on and continue to enjoy the game.

I've previously been reluctant to watch other leagues but having not watched United since the Everton game I've found myself looking elsewhere to get my footy fix....La Liga and the Bundesliga are looking increasingly attractive.

Last edited:

Where will all those fake fans go now? Trot over to Man City I guess. One has gone to La Liga & the Bundesliga searching for glory :lol

Alvaro Morata looks like a quality loan signing to fill the void of Walcott. Hope it actually transpires and not just paper talk.

Where will all those fake fans go now? Trot over to Man City I guess. One has gone to La Liga & the Bundesliga searching for glory :lol

:rolleyes2

If I tire of a particular TV programme, I stop watching it, I don't follow it through thick and thin long after it ceases to have any entertainment value for me.

If I go off a certain type of food, I don't continue to eat it because of some BS unwritten rule from hardcore fans of that food that dictates you must eat it for life no matter what.

Watching football is no different.

Being a United fan in the last 30 years has caused me more trouble than it's been worth, your juvenile response to my last post proves that quite clearly although it is by no means the worst example.

Whilst being a United fan I have been verbally abused online and in the street, spat at, had various things thrown at me and in one case was almost stabbed....and all I was doing was walking down the street in a United shirt minding my own business.

I am free of all that and can actually start to enjoy the game again instead of constantly being made to feel guilty or threatened or embarrassed because I chose to follow a team that has had so much success.

Last edited:
:rolleyes2

If I tire of a particular TV programme, I stop watching it, I don't follow it through thick and thin long after it ceases to have any entertainment value for me.

If I go off a certain type of food, I don't continue to eat it because of some BS unwritten rule from hardcore fans of that food that dictates you must eat it for life no matter what.

Watching football is no different.

Being a United fan in the last 30 years has caused me more trouble than it's worth, your juvenile response to my last post proves that quite clearly although it is by no means the worst example.

Whilst being a United fan I have been verbally abused online and in the street, spat at, had various things thrown at me and in one case was almost stabbed....and all I was doing was walking down the street in a United shirt minding my own business.

I am free of all that and can actually start to enjoy the game again instead of constantly being made to feel guilty because I chose to follow a team that has had so much success.

Don't kid yourself, you are not a Man Utd fan, your a fan of football, they are two entirely different things. Just because you wore a Man Utd shirt doesn't make you a fan! I think a true fan is the one that sticks around when the s__t hits the fan actually. It is very easy to be a 'fan' when they are winning everything in site.

Your not the only supporter to be abused, that happens on a daily basis at any club.

Alvaro Morata looks like a quality loan signing to fill the void of Walcott. Hope it actually transpires and not just paper talk.

He looks decent but is different to Walcott. Jese Rodriguez to me looks a real gem and probably more similar to Walcott. And he has bags of pace.

Will be interesting to see how this effects your lot and if the wheels fall off. For me, Arsenal have always stuffed up in the Jan transfer window and this will be no different.
There has been a few times where the board and Wenger should have got a few in and could well have gone on and won a title.
I expect them to go out to Bayern which, will be disappointing, but will give you a great chance to win the league if he gets a couple in.
will be an interesting month.

Don't kid yourself, you are not a Man Utd fan, your a fan of football, they are two entirely different things. Just because you wore a Man Utd shirt doesn't make you a fan! I think a true fan is the one that sticks around when the s__t hits the fan actually. It is very easy to be a 'fan' when they are winning everything in site.

Your not the only supporter to be abused, that happens on a daily basis at any club.

Wrong.

I first started watching them as a kid around 1984 when they were far from successful.

I had a season ticket for several years in the 90's-early 2000's and I only stopped going when my life priorities changed ( family comes first ) and it became too expensive.

Back