English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you should spend more time focusing on whoever it is you support instead of constantly trying to belittle me.

Or is your team one of those that's not done anything for years so you have to distract yourself from that by having a dig at others?

I support Liverpool and like others on here who support other clubs, we have all gone through tough times with our clubs but we still support them and don't spit our dummy out when we aren't winning trophies. Real fans keep the faith and believe.

Are there any Utd fans from Manchester on here by the way? :dunno :lol

I support Liverpool and like others on here who support other clubs, we have all gone through tough times with our clubs but we still support them.

That's fine, if that's what you choose to do.

But just because I don't is no reason to start throwing juvenile insults my way.

It's not the truth because there's no such thing. There are just fans. Not everyone is the same.

I have to ask why my decision is such an issue for you?

It's not an issue. The plastic fan tag has been used a lot over the years, especially when it comes to Utd fans (and most recently Chelsea & City 'fans'). It just happened to be on here that a Utd fan says he's not supporting them anymore because they are no longer winning.

It's not an issue. The plastic fan tag has been used a lot over the years, especially when it comes to Utd fans (and most recently Chelsea & City 'fans'). It just happened to be on here that a Utd fan says he's not supporting them anymore because they are no longer winning.

I've never once been critical of how others follow their team so why all the "plastic fan" and "glory hunter" and "throwing your dummy out of the pram" nonsense?

Are there any Utd fans from Manchester on here by the way? :dunno :lol

Nope, but I still take the time to wake up at 3-4 am every weekend to watch them play, also hope to watch them at Old Trafford one day

Took me a while to find this thread again lol, the new layout looks awesome.

I think corsair is just letting out steam... and you guys are falling for it. Dont mind him. You all know how caustic he is about his own club most of the time, however his reactions to any of you criticising ManU should tell you where his allegiance lies.

Anyway as for the winter transfer window. I think most of the transactions will happen in the the EPL and maybe the Serie A and mostly I expect majority of them to be loan deals. Im hearing all this talk about Alvaro Morata to Arsenal on loan. He is talented but I dont see him replacing Walcott as he is not that kind of a player. Deulofeu is like that, so is Jese Rodrigues. Arsenal should maybe try someone like Afellay who plays in a similar position or even Bojan krkic

For Barca Id like to see then finally get a centre back who has physical presence in the air and is also a good ball player. Vertonghen was perfect and Cryuff recommended him too however the current anti-Cryuff management in the club are too blind to understand that Johan speaks in a footballing perspective their commercial brains wouldnt comprehend

I disagree, I think Morata looks like a fantastic Arsenal propect from what I have seen. The player replacing Walcott does not need to be a footballing clone of him.

The team who has the best January transfer window will win the league I think. City look favourites at the moment but one or two big signings can transform a team.

The team who has the best January transfer window will win the league I think. City look favourites at the moment but one or two big signings can transform a team.

Exactly. I don't consider Arsenal favourites right now but they can certainly improve their chances with the signing of a quality striker. I really like the look of Morata.

Edit: Just read Ancelotti is refusing to let Morata leave Real :(

Last edited:
Exactly. I don't consider Arsenal favourites right now but they can certainly improve their chances with the signing of a quality striker. I really like the look of Morata.

Edit: Just read Ancelotti is refusing to let Morata leave Real :(

And unless you want to pay £100 million for Suarez then you can kiss goodbye to that one too.:wave :lol

Costa's having a great season. We put a bid in for him last summer but nothing came of it.:(

Yes he is. Think it's going to take around 32m to get him. I don't think Arsenal will do that in the January window to be honest. I think they are looking for a loan deal until the end of the season.

I disagree, I think Morata looks like a fantastic Arsenal propect from what I have seen. The player replacing Walcott does not need to be a footballing clone of him.

Maybe not but Arsenal have allot of very similar players. What Walcott gives you is electric pace. I actually think rodriguez could be an absolute superstar in the future.
We tried hard to get him and iv seen quite a bit of him and he looks very talented.

Morata looks good but buying a young Real Madrid reserve wouldnt make sense at this point of the season.
If Arsenal are to push on, they need a proven prem player that will chip in with 10 or so goals to April.

I think corsair is just letting out steam... and you guys are falling for it. Dont mind him. You all know how caustic he is about his own club most of the time, however his reactions to any of you criticising ManU should tell you where his allegiance lies.

Anyway as for the winter transfer window. I think most of the transactions will happen in the the EPL and maybe the Serie A and mostly I expect majority of them to be loan deals. Im hearing all this talk about Alvaro Morata to Arsenal on loan. He is talented but I dont see him replacing Walcott as he is not that kind of a player. Deulofeu is like that, so is Jese Rodrigues. Arsenal should maybe try someone like Afellay who plays in a similar position or even Bojan krkic

For Barca Id like to see then finally get a centre back who has physical presence in the air and is also a good ball player. Vertonghen was perfect and Cryuff recommended him too however the current anti-Cryuff management in the club are too blind to understand that Johan speaks in a footballing perspective their commercial brains wouldnt comprehend

Pains me to say it but I feel another big spurs player will leave this summer and it will be Vertonghen. His stock has certainly risen and unless sherwood pulls a top 4 ticket out of the hat or lifts a trophy, I think he will move.

Have you seen the strength and pace of Morata? Anyways he isn't coming :lol

I do agree with you though, signing a proven goal scorer would be nice.

Back