English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong.

I first started watching them as a kid around 1984 when they were far from successful.

I had a season ticket for several years in the 90's-early 2000's and I only stopped going when my life priorities changed ( family comes first ) and it became too expensive.

But your willing to drop them as quick as that when it turns tough?

But your willing to drop them as quick as that when it turns tough?

If United were still playing nice football and showing their old fighting spirit I'd still be watching regardless of the results.

They're worse to watch than many pub teams and the fighting spirit appears to have left with Fergie.

It would also help if I believed in the new manager, most of the players and the owners inclination to reinvest the club's profits on the team.

But I don't.

The one good thing about this season has been Adnan Januzaj.

Last edited:
If United were still playing nice football and showing their old fighting spirit I'd still be watching regardless of the results.

They're worse to watch than many pub teams and the fighting spirit appears to have been dealt a fatal blow when Fergie went.

It would also help if I believed in the new manager, most of the players and the owners inclination to reinvest the club's profits on the team.

But I don't.

The one good thing about this season has been Adnan Januzaj.

Unfortunately that is the s__t you have to wade through as a supporter. How do you think us Arsenal fans have fared for the last 8 years?

We are a shining example of peaks and troughs.

We watched our team 'The Invincibles' annihilate teams with some of the best football that has ever been played. We watched that team disband and then the quality never replaced. We supported a club that prioritized finances above the football and ambition of the club. The supporters have been paying through the nose for tickets and season tickets (the highest in the PL), yet the fans have never faltered. Ok we have done our fair share of moaning which is to be expected, but I have not met a supporter yet that has turned his back on the club. Your 6 months into a transitional period and your turning you back! Man up and support your team through thick and thin. When you do that, then you can call yourself a supporter.

Last edited:
"Rome was not built in one day"

David Moyes has to be given time, and to be fair he's been very unlucky with injuries and decisions.

Robin Van Persie and Wayne Rooney are key players for United and until Moyes has a full squad then you can judge his managerial skills and if he's good enough for the job.

Last edited:
Utd's time has come and gone, so get used to it. their not going to win the league year in or year out anymore. They have been the best team for 20 yrs, now its someone elses turn.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that is the s__t you have to wade through as a supporter. How do you think us Arsenal fans have fared for the last 8 years?

We are a shining example of peaks and troughs.

We watched our team 'The Invincibles' annihilate teams with some of the best football that has ever been played. We watched that team disband and then the quality never replaced. We supported a club that prioritized finances above the football and ambition of the club. The supporters have been paying through the nose for tickets and season tickets (the highest in the PL), yet the fans have never faltered. Ok we have done our fair share of moaning which is to be expected, but I have not met a supporter yet that has turned his back on the club. Your 6 months into a transitional period and your turning you back! Man up and support your team through thick and thin. When you do that, then you can call yourself a supporter.

Other big clubs that changed manager/coach in the summer,

Chelsea
Man City
Barcelona
Real Madrid

None of those sides are struggling and making excuses about "transitional periods".

EarlHickey98,
The squad has been declining ever since Ronaldo left and using injuries and bad refereeing decisions as a reason for the present situation is no excuse particularly given the amount of decisions United have had in their favor down the years.

Fergie was a magician, he kept them punching above their weight in the last few years but the only other manager in the game that I know of that could possibly have squeezed any more out of them is Mourinho as he shares the same ability in getting average players to play like world beaters.

Look at the squad without any bias,

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra and Giggs are all past it. Age and injuries have caught up with them.

Evans, Rafael, Fabio, Smalling, Carrick, Nani, Valencia, Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher, Young and Welbeck are all mediocre-bloody awful and always have been.

Fellaini is the biggest waste of money in United history.

Kagawa was world class with Dortmund but looks lost at United because neither Fergie or Moyes have ever trusted him with a proper run in his natural role.

Chicharito is a great finisher but either gets left on the bench or doesn't consistently recieve the type of service he needs in order to do his damage.

RVP and Shrek are intrested in one cause....increasing their bank balance.

They'll both be off in the summer and then United fans can't use their injuries as an excuse for poor form. No team should ever become as reliant on 2 players.

Unless they discover another couple of Classes of '92 and the Glazers sell to a sheikh with money to burn they're done.

shells075,
I have accepted it. I have little intrest in the rest of the Premier League so aside from keeping an eye on Cardiff's results and the antics of Mourinho I'll be exploring other options.

I should have done it years ago because English football is very overhyped and we see at every international tournament it's real value....absolutely nothing.

That's it then, go sulk in the corner and disown the team you loved when they were winning silverware. You're like a petulant child spitting his dummy out because it's not going the way you want it to go :lol

That's it then, go sulk in the corner and disown the team you loved when they were winning silverware. You're like a petulant child spitting his dummy out because it's not going the way you want it to go :lol

Not really.

United's financial issues will eventually bury them, better to get out now before there's no club at all.

Not really.

United's financial issues will eventually bury them, better to get out now before there's no club at all.

Yes really.

I have never heard anything like it to be quite frank with you! After total domination for 20 years plus, your jumping ship the minute it gets rocky! You are not a supporter! You can delude yourself all you like but you're a plastic supporter Keano spoke about.

Liverpool almost went bust under Hicks & Gillett. The fans stayed strong and fought together to help save the club. True fans of a club and football in general support their club through the hard times.

Yes really.

I have never heard anything like it to be quite frank with you! After total domination for 20 years plus, your jumping ship the minute it gets rocky! You are not a supporter! You can delude yourself all you like but your a plastic supporter Keano spoke about.

I choose to follow the game on my own terms and couldn't care less whether that is in keeping with non existent rules that so called "true" fans such as yourself make up in order to set yourselves above the more casual fans.

Last edited:
I choose to follow the game on my own terms and couldn't care less whether that is in keeping with non existent rules that so called "true" fans such as yourself make up in order to set yourselves above the more casual fans.

You're the biggest example of the fact that the casual fans are indeed glory hunters. I believe Man City & Chelsea are looking for fans.

You're the biggest example of the fact that the casual fans are indeed glory hunters. I believe Man City & Chelsea are looking for fans.

Even when I went to games regularly I always thought the whole deal about treating football teams as if they're something sacred was stupid.

Football is nothing more than a game, a form of entertainment and there's no obligation to stick with any team or league if you aren't being entertained by them any more.

Even when I went to games regularly I always thought the whole deal about treating football teams as if they're something sacred was stupid.

Football is nothing more than a game, a form of entertainment and there's no obligation to stick with any team or league if you aren't being entertained by them any more.

maybe thats why thos kind of fans are called plastic fans

Maybe football isn't for you. Fans live and breathe their team colours.

I like the game just fine. I'm just not obsessed with it.

The way you describe being a fan it's as if following a football team is such serious business that it's a matter of life and death :cuckoo:

Back