English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the above and allot of chelsea fans I know are so deluded. I think regarding ffp, they have to sell to buy so it looks like Mata will probably move on. Also Essien to milan has been muted.

FFP is a great idea in theory... but is it ever actually going to be implemented? And the longer the take to sort it out, the more time teams like Chelsea, Man City, and PSG have to work out loopholes in the systems and find ways of carrying on as normal.

FFP is a great idea in theory... but is it ever actually going to be implemented? And the longer the take to sort it out, the more time teams like Chelsea, Man City, and PSG have to work out loopholes in the systems and find ways of carrying on as normal.

They were talking about it recently on soccer saturday with chelsea and that they need to sell so im guessing it may be for the start of the next season ?
actaully did a quick search and it is in place now.
https://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Im sure City exploited a loophole buy re naming their stadium to eitihad ?

Don't tell me you support Chelsea now. :lol

Not at all. But I respect what they've won in the last decade.

The new money in the game may have pushed the old guard down the pecking order but what are Chelsea and City supposed to do? Sit round and feel sorry for the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and United who can't compete with them financially?

Of course not.

That's just the way the game has gone, you have to spend big on a consistent basis in order to be a success.

Regardless, Ashley is still a knob head and Chelsea are still a **** club.

Maybe, but history shows they've been one of the top two teams in the country in the last decade and that's what will be remembered above all else.

Jealousy is a waste of time and energy, time for Arsenal and Liverpool fans to let it go.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but it's not jealousy. I wouldn't want the reputation that Chelsea has. To me, it boils down to the attitude that the club seems to have (and some of the fans), and that is almost as if to say football didn't exist for them until Abramovic came along. Anyone can buy their way to trophies. I know there are plenty of genuine Chelsea fans who have been supporting the club for decades, but the new plastic fans that got on their high horses as soon as they received all the foreign investment and started becoming a good team really irk me.

Maybe, but history shows they've been one of the top two teams in the country in the last decade and that's what will be remembered above all else.

Jealousy is a waste of time and energy, time for Arsenal and Liverpool fans to let it go.

History only matters to Chelsea's real fans. Great for them. Mourinho's title winning side was a great team. I'm sure some of the plastic Utd and Chelsea fans have already moved over to supporting City now.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but it's not jealousy. I wouldn't want the reputation that Chelsea has. To me, it boils down to the attitude that the club seems to have (and some of the fans), and that is almost as if to say football didn't exist for them until Abramovic came along. Anyone can buy their way to trophies. I know there are plenty of genuine Chelsea fans who have been supporting the club for decades, but the new plastic fans that got on their high horses as soon as they received all the foreign investment and started becoming a good team really irk me.

Everyone buys success to one degree or another particularly in the modern era.

As for reputations, why concern yourself about Chelsea fans if you don't support Chelsea?

Everyone buys success to one degree or another particularly in the modern era.

As for reputations, why concern yourself about Chelsea fans if you don't support Chelsea?

Because I happen to have the misfortune of knowing a few of the plastic Chelsea fans. Always very loud, in your face etc. and very hard to ignore. In fact, one of my best friends is in a relationship with a walking stereotype of a modern Chelsea fan. He makes me skin crawl haha.

Because I happen to have the misfortune of knowing a few of the plastic Chelsea fans. Always very loud, in your face etc. and very hard to ignore. In fact, one of my best friends is in a relationship with a walking stereotype of a modern Chelsea fan. He makes me skin crawl haha.

Im so with ya on this. One of my mates is in his 60s but has really changed for the bad since Abramovic went in. He literally says 3 points every week and discards other teams with real arrogance. They just wont have that they wnet from financial ruin to buying success.

Atleast with a fair few city fans, they do acknowledge where they are and how they got there and are enjoying the ride.

I've seen a few Arsenal fans start to behave the same way after 1 big signing and a good start to the season so it happens with every team.

I've seen a few Arsenal fans start to behave the same way after 1 big signing and a good start to the season so it happens with every team.

I haven't and I guarantee I see a lot more of them than you. Arsenal fans are incredible humble actually. Whilst frustrating sometimes, Arsenal fans are incredibly proud of the ideologies that represent our club and traditions.

I don't know of many Arsenal fans that are backing them to win the league this year either. We are extremely proud of the team and the start they have made but we are not deluded.

Predictions then for the Chelsea-United match?

I feel like playing away at the Bridge against a Mourinho team is a guaranteed loss but I'm going for a 1-3 win to us. Might seem like a joke to realists but if we attack like we did against swansea (2nd half) and defend like we did against the mighty arse, why not?

Back