English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rene Meulensteen gets the sack after 10 weeks in the Fulham job.

Moyes and Neville out, Meulensteen and Phelan ( back ) in.

honestly ,id take that right now ,id even go with "bring back big ron "lol

Big Ron was awesome. Moyes isn't fit to polish his bling :lol

He won the FA Cup twice back when the competition still meant something and was in charge when United made their record start to a season where they won their first 10 league games in a row.

If Bryan Robson's shoulder hadn't packed up during that campaign Big Ron may have won the league and not been sacked a year or so later.

I don't condone the remark that brought his TV career to a close but I still miss him as a pundit as he was blatantly the biggest fan of Paul Scholes.

some great fixtures and there's no posts about it, what is this?

Barca 2-2 City
I was gonna post Barca 2-0 but if City play like they did in the scrap of a second half against Bayern in the group stages, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw. Barcelona nowadays are looking more and more reliant on certain players in the squad so it'll be interesting to see who will play better.

Munchen 1-2 Arsenal
Normally people would say that there is more pressure on Arsenal to face Bayern when really it's Bayern who should make sure they win since they are the champions of Europe. If Arsenal play win heart tomorrow then there's no doubt they'll have a chance but not taking anything away from Bayern. They are getting stronger and stronger by the week. Shame about Ribery's buttocks surgery.

P$G 3-0 Leverusken
Leverusken's done well this season coming 2nd in the German league which is pretty impressive in my opinion meanwhile P$G arn't looking as convincing in the Ligue 1 even though they are top, nevertheless easy win for P$G. Ibra to shine

Madrid 4-1 FC Schalke
I never really rated Julian Draxler as a player, despite a few bright flashes here and there I don't think he'll ever reach the height of other young players like
Gotze or Januzaj. (Yes I said Januzaj) You'd be a fool to bet against Madrid in this one, they're definitely favourite to win this year alongside Bayern.

United 1-0 Olympiakos
What could go wrong, has gone wrong this season. Injuries, bad decisions, lack of confidence, poor team selections etc. But our Champions League preformances say different. United to win barely. I would love to see United at least reach the semi finals or even the final. Manchester United won't disappear overnight, we'll always be the biggest club in England.

City have been in top form lately. They get my vote too. I'm not biased in any way even if my bank has a cobranded card with them :D

Yeah I have a sneaky feeling City might get thru this aswell.

Not sure about Arsenal though. They look jaded to me and are facing the best team on the planet right now.

"Can You Smell What The Toon Is Cooking?"

"And That's The Bottom Line, Because Alan Pardew Said So!"

City's sad obsession with one upping United continues to be their Achilles heel.

During the buildup to their CL game all Pellegrini seemed to talk about was their current superiority, he seemed oblivious to the fact that Barcelona don't care who the best team in Manchester is :lol

Maybe they'll shut up about the quadruple now.

Man Utd get Rooney to sign a contract extension for 300K a week with Moyes promising more big names to come this year. It will be interesting to see who they want. Two centre-backs are vital IMO. There got there creative midfielder in Mata but 2 class wingers are needed as well I think so Mata can actually play where he's meant to. Young & Valencia aren't Utd class. Not Utd 1st team good anyway.

If they do manage to pull of some class signings then Utd will be right back up there again. Just the thought of RVP, Rooney & Mata is scary, I think Utd will put a good run together once them 3 are fully fit & playing regularly together.

No-one deserves 300K a week, United have just broken their 'No-one is bigger than Man Utd' run.

Back