English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fergie still rules over the club at the moment. Whilst he's still upstairs there won't be a change.

Fergie doesn't own the club or have a major controlling intrest and neither does the other old fossil Charlton.

The Glazers can overrule them on anything should they choose to.

Whether they have the balls to remains to be seen.

With £250 million wiped off the stock market value already thanks to Moyes and co the Glazers have all the justification they need to pull the trigger.

not sure if this is country wide ,but i was told that my local British Heart Foundation charity shop ,crewe cheshire ,had 25 plus brand new liverpool shirts from the 2012 2013 season £1 each ,they still had JJB price tags ,so my guess is that they are donated stock from when JJB went bust ,a local car boot feller bought the rail full at my local store , but it might be worth checking your local charity shops just in case

RVP slagging his team mates off in the press today. That guy has no class.

yeah not sure your right about that on either point ,not my work just cut and pasted from elsewhere ,but thought some my be interested to see for themselves ,and not just take the word of the news papers trying to stir it up and sell papers ,All in all, it seems a far more positive interview than the one that Carrick gave which he was lambasted for on here because he was giving standard answers, showed no personality or fire and he actually did not answer the question whether the team should be taking responsibility for that whereas RVP kept repeating how the team should and gave honest thoughtful answers. So why all the hate? You can't have it both ways.

Anyway, here is the translation and link to the video if you want to gauge the mood when he said what https://nos.nl/video/616277-van-persie-gelooft-nog-in-kwartfinale.html

Interviewer: "Robin, nice game."
RVP: "Yeah, delightful eh?"
Interviewer: "Shocking..."
RVP: "Yeah, it wasn't good."
Ïnterviewer: "I don't recognize United at all... though I haven't watched you guys lately"
RVP: <laughs> "That could be the reason. Nah, we created little, didn't play well, which could lead to such a defeat. They didn't really have big chances either, their first goal was quite lucky, the second one was a good goal. But they didn't really create played out chances, they weren't fantastic or anything. We were just bad."
Interviewer: "The game was a bit comparable to that of PSG, first twenty minutes you thought "well, ok", seems like you weathered the storm.. but you didn't strike back at all after it.
RVP: "No, we failed to do that. The back four and the two midfielders did well in possession, but nothing much happened in the front ranks, so that makes it very dificult. Then you have to hope for that one chance and it did come <interviewer interrupts contineously here with comments like "you certainly did", "too hasty", "slipped a bit" etc). I know I had to make that. The first part was good, first touch good, everything went according to plan, but the shot was a bit too hasty and that's a pity because I don't get many chances so when I do get one, it has to be in."
1:17-1:50
------------
Interviewer: "Don't you have the urge sometimes to go look for the ball, to have some touches with it.
RVP: "Yeah, I have that urge alot. But uhhh <interviewer interrupts with: "you are not allowed to").. no no no, of course it is allowed, but my teammates sometimes take up the position and spaces that I like to play in, so when I see that it is difficult for me to also go into that space. So I have to adapt my running lines on the basis of where my teammates are standing/playing, and unfortunately that's oftentimes in my playing zones... and that is uhh... yes, a bit unfortunate/a pity.

Interviewer: "What I am missing, and certainly in an English team, Man United used to play with power, pace, and I'm not even talking about defence splitting passes which comes with patience." (bit difficult to literally translate it, what he's trying to say is that he doesn't even see the basic attributes of a top English team in our play).
RVP: "Yeah no (we love to say that in dutch, just means we are confirming the observation), exactly. We actually can play like that, but we didn't do that today. It was just too slow today and because of that you don't create much. We have, what, 2 shots on target in the entire match? Against Olympiakos, that's far too little. So uhh, everyone is very disappointed.

2:20-2:43
Interviewer: "You came for the trophies. You're not going to be finding them for a while."
RVP: "Well yeah <laughs>, it's going to be difficult <interviewer laughs and interrupts with: "looking looking">, yeah we are in a lousy position in the league, out of the Cups, this is the only real chance we still have left. But it's still possible, look uhh, with all respect, we can take this team with 2 or 3 nil.
Interviewer: "Should be possible <smiling/smirking>. My English colleagues are saying, your manager is under fire. Do you guys feel that way?

2:44-3:42
RVP: "Yeah look, it is new, it needs time. He is working very hard on it, us too, and sometimes we do play quite well, but not always... <sighs> we haven't really been on the right side of luck.. I am a type of believes in making your own luck, it's not an excuse, absolutely not. But everything that can go wrong, like that first goal, the way it went in... goals like that really don't help. So uhmm... the wind has not been blowing our way. It's us who have to turn it around, look it's very easy to point at someone, but I'm not like that. We have to fill out the spaces ourselves (a dutch way of saying we have to do our jobs better), and those chances, in some phases during a season you don't get many chances, so the chances you do get have to be in.. oftentimes it happens, but not today, and that sucks.

The remaining 15 seconds of that interview is him asking about how he is physically, seeing that the world cup is close. He is fine.

we can only hope lol ,i think heavy defeats against the pool and city plus not going through against olympiakos should see him out the door ,wonder if they would hand it off to brian mclair until the end of the season,or bring back rene and mickey phelan until a permanent replacement comes on board ,i just don't see them handing over the transfer budget to a guy whos so far out of his depth ,its like a poor builder buying better quality bricks ,he still wont be able to build a better house ,he will still be a poor builder whatever bricks you buy him lol

LIBBY1957DOG,
Good post! :clap

As usual the scummy English media take one quote and twist it to suit their agenda but most ABU's are too thick to recognise that.

RVP sounds frustrated and I can't hold that against him because any decent player would feel the same if they were having their ability to influence things on the pitch neutered by players around him that aren't up to the job.

Everything Roy Keane said about United the other night was 100% true.

Fergie was able to motivate even the worst players to the point where they'd run through brick walls in order to try and grind out a result....Moyes has destroyed the confidence of just about everyone in the squad.

RagingBull,
I think it depends on whether the Glazers have the balls to wield the axe and take the inevitable backlash from diehard fans that think Fergie is always right.

Giving Moyes a golden handshake will be peanuts compared to the money they'll lose if they keep him.

If they sack him now, get Phelan and Meulensteen back to steady the ship and start trying to woo Jurgen Klopp or someone of a similar calibre for next season there's a chance that this season will be a blip.

If they don't then the club will be out of the Champions League indefinitely.

yeah i agree with all of the above ,i don't think its premature or a knee jerk reaction to want him out ,If Moyes had any kind of track record of success he would be given a lot more leeway from the fans. Unfortunately, he doesn't and i don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. Our share price over the last 3 months, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bhbfjl6IIAALSMh.jpg:large ,its going to be a tough sell to move all the season tickets ,with no champions league ,fighting for 4 th place and Moyes in charge again next season ,

the rise in the end of the share graph could have been because of the circulating news that Moyes might be sacked after tuesday nights result against olympiakos

Stoke 1 Arsenal 0

Well that ****ing sucks :lol

We never do well there. I wonder if AW's idea of not buying a striker in the summer or Jan transfer window wasn't such a good idea after all. Looks like it's back to reality & the fight for 4th it is then. Especially if Spurs beat us at the Lane this month :horror :lol

We never do well there. I wonder if AW's idea of not buying a striker in the summer or Jan transfer window wasn't such a good idea after all.

There were no good strikers available in the summer. I never understood Giroud, he spends more time doing his hair than training on the pitch or scoring goals. There's only one other player in the world that does the same but does all three at once potently.

The seasons coming to an end and things are heating up now. My predictions of top 7 and the end of the season,

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool :pfft:
5. Spurs
6. Everton
7. United

Might as well start predictions for next season as well,

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. United (7th if Moyes isn't sacked)
7. Everton

There were no good strikers available in the summer. I never understood Giroud, he spends more time doing his hair than training on the pitch or scoring goals. There's only one other player in the world that does the same but does all three at once potently.

The seasons coming to an end and things are heating up now. My predictions of top 7 and the end of the season,

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool :pfft:
5. Spurs
6. Everton
7. United

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
7. Everton

He said there wasn't anyone available but berbatov was. He would of been better than nothing. I'm sure there was other strikers available if he really looked or payed up in Jan. Draxler would of been a boost but again AW went back to his tight ways & wouldn't pay up.

The biggest error was we could of had Higuain in the summer but ****ed that deal right up

Same old story for Arsenal, get so far in the FA cup then get beat, get so far in the Champs League then go out. Then run out of steam in the league, but always manage top 4. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
7. Everton

:lol

United won't finish in the top 10 next season if Moyes is still in charge.

EDIT
Louis van Gaal and Frank de Boer are being linked with the United job if Moyes gets the chop,
https://metro.co.uk/2014/03/02/loui...f-manchester-united-sack-david-moyes-4371766/

Fergie meanwhile continues his descent into senility,
https://metro.co.uk/2014/03/02/davi...d-says-former-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-4376591/

Would be shocked if Liverpool finish top 3, they've been pretty brilliant this season so I guess it's not that much of a surprise.

Would be shocked if Liverpool finish top 3, they've been pretty brilliant this season so I guess it's not that much of a surprise.

We play Utd next and we still have City & Chelsea to play at Anfield. Nine points from those three games and we're almost there. Anything less than nine points and it's not our year.

Back