English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We play Utd next and we still have City & Chelsea to play at Anfield. Nine points from those three games and we're almost there. Anything less than nine points and it's not our year.

I cant see you taking 9 points from those fixtures. Also we come to you soon in pretty good form and the best away record in the league .
Having said that, I can see Liverpool finishing 3rd and maybe sneaking 2nd especially with Citys fixture pile up . Rodgers deserves manager of the season.

Nine points will be very very hard but if we do indeed take nine then dreams become a reality.:pray:

If you took 9, you'd be worthy champions.

Id actually like to see your lot win it. Be nice to see a team that has worked hard to get back where they used to be and has not had a rich pimp buy they're way to the top.
Also great to see a talented british manager make a go of it.

Chelsea just got this way of grinding teams down, that's why I think they will win the Prem. At least it will be better then last season when Utd had it just about wrapped up by this time last year.
As long as Arsenal don't implode and let Spurs in the top 4, I think that's the extent of Wengers ambition every season, I bet he says ' top 4 and I'm happy '.
Then again we have always got the World Cup to look forward to. :lol

In the absence of a United side worth giving a crap about I'd like Chelsea to win the league, as my friend supports them.

For the first time ever I'll actually be cheering on the Scousers and City when they play United because the more defeats between now and the end of the season, the more the board are likely to sack Moyes and co regardless of what Fergie says.

As long as Arsenal don't implode and let Spurs in the top 4, I think that's the extent of Wengers ambition every season, I bet he says ' top 4 and I'm happy '.

I can't see it happening but there's still a lot of points to play for so anything could happen. Imagine Arsenal & Spurs battling for fourth again come the last day of the season.

Puyol announces he will leave Barca after the end of this season... I still remember seeing his first season. From reckless red card racking young right back to captain of the greatest Barca squad till date... what a LEGEND!

Shinji Kagawa set up the opening goal and scored a penalty in a 4-2 friendly win for Japan over New Zealand.

So he'll be back on the bench when he arrives back in Manchester.

A decent manager would consider a guy who'd won Player of the Year award two years running in a league where the likes of Robben, Ribery and Lewandowski ply their trade to be a handy player to have around.

But not Moyes, he'd rather play such "talent" as Cleverley and Carrick :cuckoo:

Speaking of Cleverley, it seems that Woy Hodgson isn't happy that some fans started a petition to get him removed from the England squad,
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26442914

He's done "an awful lot of good" has he Woy?

By his own admission, Cleverley can't do anything but pass the ball sideways, which does little to benefit either his club or his country. He shouldn't be in top class football. Period.

Moyes and Hodgson are two of a kind....nice blokes but thick as **** when it comes to recognising talent.

Puyol announces he will leave Barca after the end of this season... I still remember seeing his first season. From reckless red card racking young right back to captain of the greatest Barca squad till date... what a LEGEND!

Shame to see him retire but you could see it coming unfortunately. Hopefully Barca can go on to win the league or champions league, would be an awesome farewell to see Puyol lifting one of them trophys

Shinji Kagawa set up the opening goal and scored a penalty in a 4-2 friendly win for Japan over New Zealand.

So he'll be back on the bench when he arrives back in Manchester.

A decent manager would consider a guy who'd won Player of the Year award two years running in a league where the likes of Robben, Ribery and Lewandowski ply their trade to be a handy player to have around.

But not Moyes, he'd rather play such "talent" as Cleverley and Carrick :cuckoo:

Speaking of Cleverley, it seems that Woy Hodgson isn't happy that some fans started a petition to get him removed from the England squad,
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26442914

He's done "an awful lot of good" has he Woy?

By his own admission, Cleverley can't do anything but pass the ball sideways, which does little to benefit either his club or his country. He shouldn't be in top class football. Period.

Moyes and Hodgson are two of a kind....nice blokes but thick as **** when it comes to recognising talent.

Ha yeah talk about 2 managers who just set there teams up not to lose when playing the big boys.

That Cleverley petition is getting close to 16K now :lol

I remember all the hype about Cleverley when he 1st started playing, I'm still yet to see him do a single thing to impress me :dunno

Ha yeah talk about 2 managers who just set there teams up not to lose when playing the big boys.

That Cleverley petition is getting close to 16K now :lol

I remember all the hype about Cleverley when he 1st started playing, I'm still yet to see him do a single thing to impress me :dunno

Cleverley got built up by the more deluded United fans and fast tracked into the England setup just because he came through the youth system, which has always been massively overhyped.

Since the Class of '92 the only top class player to come through the United youth system and make a significant mark in the first team was brought in from elsewhere and that was Ronaldo.

Paul Pogba should have been another but he never got a chance because of Fergie's loyalty to Scholes and Ravel Morrison's off field issues ensured he was sent packing as well.

Adnan Januzaj looks to have a great future but at this point leaving United would be a better option as Moyes will hold him back and prevent him from developing his full potential.

Apparently RVP pulled out of Holland's friendly with a mystery "illness" and is doubtful for United's game at the weekend.

I'm guessing this is his way of angling for a pay rise since he heard what Shrek's improved contract was worth :lol

Retiring or leaving for another club?
Its not decided, its just that he will terminate his contract because he says he feels his frequent injuries for the last few seasons means he isnt having any game time plus at his age, he doesnt think he can do his duty as a defender at this level anymore. I think he will play, later and in less competitive divisions.

Its not decided, its just that he will terminate his contract because he says he feels his frequent injuries for the last few seasons means he isnt having any game time plus at his age, he doesnt think he can do his duty as a defender at this level anymore. I think he will play, later and in less competitive divisions.

Great player in his prime. I remember always buying him for my Pro Evo Master League team.

He should go play in the MLS.

The desperation of Moyes sinks to new levels.

He's now writing letters to fans begging for continued support :cuckoo:
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...ds-fan-letter-pleading-support-085833000.html

If he wants to write a letter it should be addressed to Malcolm Glazer and include the words "I resign".

Roberto Martinez meanwhile seems to have been smoking something dodgy as he's defending Tom Cleverley,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...erto-martinez-backs-tom-cleverley-for-england

I'm sure the "generation of outstanding English talent" will be on display for all to see at the World Cup, much to the amusement of the rest of the world.

I did laugh a lot at Moyes' letter to the fans.:lol

I think the most tragic part is that he genuinely thinks he had any large scale support from United fans in the first place.

The sheep that think Fergie is always right were on his side, but even they're realising their mistake and writing him off and most of the players gave up on him before Christmas.

In past United campaigns the Queen song "We Are The Champions" has been a fitting theme for highlight packages.

This year?,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

West Brom 0-3 Man Utd.

RVP set the opener up and narrowly avoided being sent off in the second half. He was noticeably grumpy when he was substituted a few minutes later.

Shrek may have scored a goal but for the majority of the game he ran around like a headless chicken getting in RVP's way and gave the ball away a LOT. Among the biggest wastes of space in the squad and clearly nowhere close to being worth his increasingly ridiculous wages.

Carrick got Man of the Match despite doing his usual impersonation of The Invisible Man.

Moyes continues to show his incompetence at the basics by using Juan Mata and Shinji Kagawa as wingers :slap

The biggest suprise of the day was that the wig on a stick is showing signs of improving. He made some decent interceptions in the second half and didn't commit quite as many fouls as usual. He has to do a hell of a lot more to properly win United fans over, but today was a step in the right direction.

Back