English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fancy Wigan for the cup again this year though. It'd be great for them to win it twice in a row.

It will make for a great game. I would hope with the remaining three teams left Arsenal could walk it.

article-2555074-1B51650E00000578-788_634x623.jpg

:lol

Thought he was pathetic again tonight!

Arsenal worked hard but lacked real quality. Bayern didn't even play that well. A team with more quality could have rattled them I believe.

Shrek says it's hard for him seeing Liverpool challenging for the title,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...esnt-like-seeing-liverpool-battling-for-title

He also wants to captain club and country,
https://www1.skysports.com/football...-wants-manchester-united-and-england-armbands

If he's serious about the first one and wants to make United competitive again, he should go to the board and threaten to leave unless a decent manager and coaching staff are hired.

That trick has worked numerous times when he's fancied a pay rise so maybe player power will help get Moyes & co out.

The United captaincy once Vidic leaves is inevitable, it was likely agreed as part of his new contract.

It's not really an ideal option but assuming Ferdinand and Evra both leave and Giggs retires there's no other senior player that could do it.

United are set to sign a new contract with Nike worth £600 million,
https://www.givemesport.com/440198-manchester-united-secure-600m-worldrecord-nike-deal?tg=/football

So that's £60-£70 million a year from Nike for the kit on top of the £53 million a year deal with Chevrolet for shirt sponsorhip that was signed last July and sales of the new shirts will bring in more millions.

And that's without taking into consideration all the other usual sources of income.

No Champions League money next year isn't ideal but it's not going to be a catastrophe either.

It also means that attracting top players without the CL isn't going to be too problematic as they can just do what Chelsea and City did before they qualified and offer silly wages.

Mainly due to the fact Wenger played him wide first season then put him thru the middle. The problem is the prem is the hardest league to play in and some never make it. Look at Morientes, Forlan and most recently Arshavin.
The problem with Ozil is he doesnt put a **** in. You can play bad and "settle in" but if you give 100%, the fans will stay with you.
Unfair to judge him yet though.

He's better than Demichelis.

Poor refereeing tonight too.

Poor refereeing every night in the champions league. I must admit I'm growing tired of this competition. Rarely does a game live up to expectations when the big clubs face each other.

The refereeing is pretty consistently poor but at the same time it's full of cheats as well. It seems like some teams in that competition there 1st aim is to get a player sent off.

Like Robben for example for all the talent that guy has he really doesn't need to cheat. It's a shame because the way things are going football is starting to become a non-contact game played by a bunch of pussies

Poor refereeing every night in the champions league. I must admit I'm growing tired of this competition. Rarely does a game live up to expectations when the big clubs face each other.

The Arsenal & City matches were the first CL matches I've watched all the way through this season. I know if Liverpool were playing in the CL it would be different but the matches seem to be overhyped and never live up to expectations.

Is Giggs still playing this season? :lol

Yep.

But I think it's been a season too many.

Last year he was still contributing a fair bit despite his age but I think that was because Fergie knew how to set the team up to cover for the fact that he can't charge around for 90 minutes.

Moyes has usually played him in a midfield with Carrick or Cleverley....need I say more? :lol

Can't wait for the match on Sunday! :yess:

Yep, hopefully the SAS get a hat trick apiece and help push Moyes closer to the axe.

If the team suddenly found form now it wouldn't achieve anything but help to keep Moyes in a job beyond the end of the season and no United fan should want that.

The "In Moyes We Trust" brigade still think that he should be given time because historically that's what the club has always done but all that history won't mean **** to the Glazers if £250 million keeps dropping off the stock market value every few months.

Moyes is too negative to produce a side that can challenge for a trophy or play nice football but he's also not quite crap enough to give United fans the excitement of a relegation dogfight.

Back