English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Arsenal were really poor yesterday. We ground out a result which is all well and good but it just papers over the cracks once again. Tottenham were dominant throughout the game, they just couldn't convert their chances.

Liverpool look a totally class act! They are deserved winners for me right now.

Yeah we weren't great but we won & won without Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsey & Walcott. That's 3 of our best midfielders missing & our top scorer last season. Arsenal of old would of lost that match.

Our biggest tests will come against Chelsea & City lose them & were done.

I really hope Liverpool win the league if not us though.

ILiverpool look a totally class act! They are deserved winners for me right now.

It's our year. You heard it here first, Gerrard may have missed his third penalty yesterday but he will score a vital penalty against Newcastle on the last day of the season at the Kop end to win us the league.:rock

I think Spurs biggest problem this season is they bought way to many players & all them from abroad. You always hear from players & managers that it normally takes a foreign player a season to settle & did Spurs really need all them players? They had a very good squad last season & were heading in the right direction, did they really need this massive overhaul? I don't think they did. They should of spent the Bale money on 3 great players with at-least one of them having prem experienced.

I do kind of agree with you. I agree that we didnt need 6 players and buying non english is always a big big gamble. The problem is the board are making these moves and the manager is just a coach. You then have that power struggle when things are not going right.
Look at AVB. did he start playing these new players out of position purely in spite? played Lamela on the left, chadli on the left.... Look what he did with Adebeyor.
Is sherwood doing the same? I know we have injuries but not one of our 6 players played the other week.
In saying that, on paper they looked great additions and to be fair, without champions league football, we were lucky to attract Lamela, eriksen, Paulinho, saldado as they are all champions league players.
I hope they stay to see if they settle for next season.
I get the feeling Sherwood will be fired and someone else will come in to be sacked around christmas time.
If we do offload a few, id love to see us sign Lalana and Shaw.

What a win that was yesterday:yess:

They might be poor this season, but they still drew with Chelsea and beat Arsenal there, and the other 4 defeats were closely fought games, but we beat them comfortably in their own backyard and it could have been more. City have been very entertaining this season but for me we have been the most exciting team to watch, we don't fear anyone.

And Greygoose, one step at a time mate:wink1:

Yeah we weren't great but we won & won without Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsey & Walcott. That's 3 of our best midfielders missing & our top scorer last season. Arsenal of old would of lost that match.

Our biggest tests will come against Chelsea & City lose them & were done.

I really hope Liverpool win the league if not us though.

That should explain it but in truth it doesn't.

Walcott, Ramsey, Ozil and Wilshere all started against Man City where we got annihilated.

We just look like a very fragmented side, lacking any real cohesion, bluffing our way through games, but largely coming unstuck when we play anybody of any real quality. Another CL qualification will paper over the cracks once again :(

The Moyes jokes keep on coming :lol

View attachment 99154

View attachment 99155

Still we (Arsenal) could only get one point out of them. It's a shame because Utd have been our bogey team for ages & this was a golden opportunity for AW to break that run. I bet AW is loving Moyes at Utd though because this would normally be him now getting all this stick :lol

Moyes is the gift that keeps on giving....to everyone except the team he's supposed to be in charge of :lol

Next on his agenda, the last Champions League game at Old Trafford for what could be a very long time.

Arsenal were sketchy yesterday, Liverpool were good but I don't think they will go all the way.

I'm still backing Chelsea to win the league.

No doubt in my mind, Liverpool are favourites right now. I think Chelsea and Man City are fearing them. All I know is I am looking forward to them games at Anfield immensely!!!!

There's a lot of hard work ahead but us Kopites can dream.:)

Oh there is, but I firmly believe you're in the driving seat. If you play to your full potential against Chelsea and Man City, I see no reason why you can't take the full 6 points.

Various sources have been suggesting a rift has developed between David Moyes and Ryan Giggs.

The club have issued a statement denying it but there's no smoke without fire and if he has pissed Giggs off then he may as well start clearing his office now.

Giggs has massive respect from the players so they'll back him and he's also someone that Fergie would listen to.

United wouldn't be the first club where player power forces the manager out.

EDIT
Former Everton great Kevin Sheedy blasts Moyes,
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...blasts-Moyes-showing-no-clubs-youth-team.html

An awesome spoof phone conversation between Fergie, Moyes and Mourinho,
https://www.givemesport.com/443756-...ferguson-mourinho-in-spoof-video?tg=/football

Id love to see Liverpool win it out of the top 4. Well, maybe not love but would prefer lol.
I just think Jose will go to Anfield and get the result they need. His teams can be boring but he is so good at getting the points in the big games.

Id love to see Liverpool win it out of the top 4. Well, maybe not love but would prefer lol.
I just think Jose will go to Anfield and get the result they need. His teams can be boring but he is so good at getting the points in the big games.

Man city should be a game pool should win. But the Chelsea game might be tricky. Somehow I get the feeling mourinho knows what it takes to outsmart Rodgers.

Maybe its fate that Liverpool win the league? The first season that their nemeses Alex Ferguson, who said ' He wanted to knock Liverpool off their perch,' is not managing their arch rivals and Liverpool win the league? If Arsenal cant win the league that I'm not bothered who wins it. Oh as long as Chelsea don't.

I know we have spent money over the years but if we win the league this season it will be down to us playing great football, investing in young English players and Rodgers' tactical brilliance. Chelsea and City have spent millions on their squads & wages and should be winning the league.

Back