English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we have spent money over the years but if we win the league this season it will be down to us playing great football, investing in young English players and Rodgers' tactical brilliance. Chelsea and City have spent millions on their squads & wages and should be winning the league.

Yeah, even if they don't win the league, Rogers wins manager of the season for me. Their team just seems to be oozing confidence and that has to come from the manager. Usually a team is a reflection of their manager, Chelsea = Arrogant, Man Utd = demoralised.

One glimmer of a league title and Liverpool fans are already behaving as arrogantly as they used to be back in the 80's.

How quaint.

Man city should be a game pool should win. But the Chelsea game might be tricky. Somehow I get the feeling mourinho knows what it takes to outsmart Rodgers.

Will be tricky. If its the city that was playing like they were before the chelsea defeat, it will be to close to call. That defeat has really effected them tho.
Chavs will not drop many more points though and with the fixture pile up for city, they are the team to beat imo.
The scary thing is if chavs do win the title, they would have done it with a average strike force.
If they get someone big in next season which I think they will, they will be so strong.

But still boring!!

Hardly a glimmer. We're the current in form team in the league with nine games left to play (with Chelsea & City at Anfield). It's a reality.:lecture

If Chelsea and City slip up then Liverpool have a chance but nothing is ever certain in football....aside from Moyes being useless :lol

The way you're talking it's like the title is a formality, that every game is a guaranteed win and that it's going to be an instant return to the glory days of the 70's and 80's :lol

Really? Who is acting arrogantly?

I don't see any Liverpool fan acting so, quite the reverse actually. GG realises they are in with a shout for the title this year but is certainly acting like a realist IMO.

Whatever happens it's been a remarkable season for us, like you say GG we're the inform team in the league and for me we've been the most entertaining and exciting side this season aswell. But it's been so long since we last won the league that I don't want to get carried away, if we're still up there with a few games to go, I'll start to dream.

So are you saying Chelsea & City are guaranteed to take maximum points from all their last games? :dunno :cuckoo:

No.

But Chelsea currently have a 4 point advantage and Mourinho is more than capable of grinding out the results they need.

If City win all their remaining games they'll be champions.

Doesn't mean it'll definitely happen but they're just as likely to win it as Liverpool.

EDIT
Louis Van Gaal wants to manage in England after the World Cup,
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...e-David-Moyes-at-Man-Utd-and-he-WANTS-the-job

Seems a no brainer for United, even if it means pissing Fergie off.

But Chelsea currently have a 4 point advantage and Mourinho is more than capable of grinding out the results they need.

This point is irrelevant. Liverpool have one game in hand over Chelsea and City have three. If everyone takes maximum points then you're talking about a one point difference between the three teams. The Chelsea & City games at Anfield will be the deciders.

This point is irrelevant. Liverpool have one game in hand over Chelsea and City have three. If everyone takes maximum points then you're talking about a one point difference between the three teams. The Chelsea & City games at Anfield will be the deciders.

At this stage it's all "ifs".

Until it's actually done and dusted nobody can say with any real accuracy who's going to do what.

In any case, I couldn't care less one way or the other, this is my last season watching the Premier League so I'm not really bothered who wins it.

In that case then I hope it's Liverpool who win the league. A happy farewell for you.:D

I wasn't bothered when City won it two years ago, if Liverpool win it I'll feel much the same.

I was a United fan, no other team ever mattered to me.

At this stage it's all "ifs".

Until it's actually done and dusted nobody can say with any real accuracy who's going to do what.

In any case, I couldn't care less one way or the other, this is my last season watching the Premier League so I'm not really bothered who wins it.

Come on your team has had one bad season in probably your life-time of supporting them & now your giving up on them :lol
Welcome to the world of supporting any other team other than Utd for the past 20 odd years. I know it's not always nice but that's football I'm afraid.

Talking of Utd. I'm really enjoying watching them play in the CL tonight. RVP is looking is old best

Come on your team has had one bad season in probably your life-time of supporting them & now your giving up on them :lol
Welcome to the world of supporting any other team other than Utd for the past 20 odd years. I know it's not always nice but that's football I'm afraid.

Talking of Utd. I'm really enjoying watching them play in the CL tonight. RVP is looking is old best

Actually, I've supported them since 1984.

All tonight's result means is they'll get thrashed by whoever they get in the quarter-final.

VASith,
I'd rather be a fair weather fan than someone who's obsessed with the game the way the so called hardcore fans are.

I have dealt with my share of serious issues in my life including beating a life threatening illness.

Doing that helped me realise what was important in life and it's certainly not the game of football.

Your statements and posts point to a fair weather fan. To completely turn your back on a team you support because they have had one bad year is infantile. And at the same time making digs at fans of other teams who happen to be doing good.

And as someone who almost lost their wife to cancer 4 years ago I would never abandon something we both love because of a losing season. I hope I teach my daughter that there is more to life than winning and losing. If my daughter, who is 18 months old now, fails a math test 10 years from now do I turn my back on her and say I'm not supporting her?

Back