English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1-0 to Liverpool at half time.

Gerrard scored a penalty and elbowed the wig on a stick in the face, Rafael somehow managed to avoid being sent off and
United have been so limp the Liverpool goalie may as well have been sat in a deck chair having a cigarette and a cup of tea.

All good though as it helps contribute to the eventual demise of the useless Moyes and his coaching staff.

You know a team is screwed when Gary Neville says on commentary that Welbeck would be a good choice to bring on :rotfl

I don't think it matters who coaches this united team...at some point the players have to take some of the blame.

Considering the majority of the squad won the league so easily last year I think it's more to do with the fact that the way they're being told to play is completely alien to what they've been so used to.

Moyes doesn't know how to set a team up to play aggressive, counter attacking football, his whole mentality his based around nicking a lucky goal at a set piece and sitting on it, that's never been the United way.

He also appears unable to grasp the basic premise that to get the best out of any player you have to play them in their preferred role....Mata isn't a wide player so why the hell does he keep playing him there?

This negative, incompetent approach from Moyes and his coaches has nuked the players confidence and got them playing so scared that they look beaten in the handshakes before kick off.

Liverpool scored first and I said "Game over" because the fightbacks they were famed for are now a thing of the past.

When the second penalty went it all Moyes could do was sit on the bench with the same vacant expression he's had all season on his face....not a clue.

Fergie would have leapt off the bench and started bullying and cajoling his players into performing and he'd probably have made the changes then instead of waiting until the last 15 minutes.

With an entire half to get something out the game they would have got at least 1 goal back and either gotten a draw or gone down fighting which at least has some dignity about it. They never managed a shot on target in the second half.

Several players have to go, but Moyes and the coaches need to be the first ones out the door.

With a few more results like today I think the chances of it happening are increasing....Fergie is looking increasingly annoyed at the end of games now and if Moyes loses his support then he's a dead man walking.

Considering the majority of the squad won the league so easily last year I think it's more to do with the fact that the way they're being told to play is completely alien to what they've been so used to.

Moyes doesn't know how to set a team up to play aggressive, counter attacking football, his whole mentality his based around nicking a lucky goal at a set piece and sitting on it, that's never been the United way.

He also appears unable to grasp the basic premise that to get the best out of any player you have to play them in their preferred role....Mata isn't a wide player so why the hell does he keep playing him there?

This negative, incompetent approach from Moyes and his coaches has nuked the players confidence and got them playing so scared that they look beaten in the handshakes before kick off.

Liverpool scored first and I said "Game over" because the fightbacks they were famed for are now a thing of the past.

When the second penalty went it all Moyes could do was sit on the bench with the same vacant expression he's had all season on his face.

Fergie would have leapt off the bench and started bullying and cajoling his players into performing and he'd probably have made the changes then instead of waiting until the last 15 minutes.

With an entire half to get something out the game they would have got at least 1 goal back and either gotten a draw or gone down fighting....a more dignified way

Under Moyes they never even managed a shot on target in the second half.

Several players have to go, but Moyes and the coaches need to be the first ones out the door.

That's all true to a certain point but these are grown men, not ten year olds. It's not moyes fault that Rafael can't tackle and wants to use his hands. United have some serious rebuilding to do this summer. I just think it would be worse replacing the coach as well. I also think any manager needs more than a year to see what they can do. I might be totally wrong but didn't saf have a bad first season?

Liverpool now 14 points clear of Utd! When was the last time that was the case?
You have to say Liverpool are probably playing better then anyone else at the moment, it could of been 6 or 7 today.
Remember Brendon Rodgers had a bit of a dodgy start at Anfield, now he looks like one of the best managers in the league

Oops, fell for it again.

Stayed up until 12am to watch A United team brimming with confidence after a solid 3-0 win against West Brom. Thought there would be a reaction, disappointed once again. The players don't want to play under Moyes and as such just improvise which their absolutely crap at anyway. Anyone see Fergusons reaction after the third goal? Can't say I'm not suprised, but I am disappointed, and not the first time this season either. Fergie would have never let United play that way after the second half, especially at home to Liverpool who could potetnially win the title this year.

That's all true to a certain point but these are grown men, not ten year olds. It's not moyes fault that Rafael can't tackle and wants to use his hands. United have some serious rebuilding to do this summer. I just think it would be worse replacing the coach as well. I also think any manager needs more than a year to see what they can do. I might be totally wrong but didn't saf have a bad first season?

Comparisons with Fergie are laughable,

Prior to getting the United job in late '86 Fergie had already broken the Rangers/Celtic domination and beaten Real Madrid to win a European trophy with Aberdeen. To this day the last time a team outside Glasgow won the Scottish Premier League was Aberdeen in 1986.

Moyes spent a decade doing jack **** with Everton and got the United job simply by being Scottish.

Fergie's first season ended in 11th place but by the time he took over from Big Ron they'd already had a bad start. There was a gradual improvement in performances by the end of that season though and in his first full campaign in 1987/88 he finished 2nd.

The squad back then was worse than the present one and had little money to spend particularly by today's standards.

Moyes inherited a squad with years of experience of winning by playing aggressive, attacking, never say die football and has been given millions to spend.

He's taken a Ferrari and turned it into a clapped out old banger that's ready for the scrapyard.

At no time this season has there been any sign of improvement, if anything it's gradually getting worse and it's blatantly obvious that Moyes couldn't do any better if he was handed the best 11 players in the world on free transfers.

Yeah you don't stop them, it was past the keeper before he had time to blink. Spurs need to concentrate on not finishing 5th and getting in that micky mouse Europa league. :lol

You couldnt be more right. I know the winners get a champions league spot which is a great idea but there are far better teams dropping out of the champs league into the europa league now.

We played well today but we lack quality. We have good ball retention but do nothing cutting edge with it.
We are now some way behind and need just league football next season and the squad needs sorting out.
Fair plat to Arsenal for digging in and what a wonder goal.
You just wave them bye .

Liverpool supporters unveil a new banner at Utd today

ty2a8e6e.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

You couldnt be more right. I know the winners get a champions league spot which is a great idea but there are far better teams dropping out of the champs league into the europa league now.

We played well today but we lack quality. We have good ball retention but do nothing cutting edge with it.
We are now some way behind and need just league football next season and the squad needs sorting out.

Fair plat to Arsenal for digging in and what a wonder goal.
You just wave them bye .

I think Spurs biggest problem this season is they bought way to many players & all them from abroad. You always hear from players & managers that it normally takes a foreign player a season to settle & did Spurs really need all them players? They had a very good squad last season & were heading in the right direction, did they really need this massive overhaul? I don't think they did. They should of spent the Bale money on 3 great players with at-least one of them having prem experienced.

I still don't get why Spurs got rid of AVB? Ok he got a couple of pasting's by City & Liverpool but so have Arsenal this season. Tim Sherwood looks like he's going to explode any minute.
I can see them brining in a big name manager next season and it not working out and another ex-player like Les Ferdinand becoming caretaker.

I still don't get why Spurs got rid of AVB? Ok he got a couple of pasting's by City & Liverpool but so have Arsenal this season. Tim Sherwood looks like he's going to explode any minute.
I can see them brining in a big name manager next season and it not working out and another ex-player like Les Ferdinand becoming caretaker.

I think Spurs biggest problem is Levy. He seams to think Spurs should be top 4 every season & anything else isn't good enough but being in the Prem he needs to be realistic. When you have Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea there's always going to be 2 big disappointed clubs missing out. I'm not saying Spurs can't be top 4 because they can & have been but when your sacking managers for missing out that's when it becomes unsettling to players & then there playing catch up all over again. Spurs need some stability

Liverpool supporters unveil a new banner at Utd today

ty2a8e6e.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

He's such a football genius that he thought bringing Welbeck and Cleverley on in the last 15 minutes would make a difference :lol

Liverpool fully deserved the win but bringing it into perspective it's not exactly the biggest achievement any more because everyone's doing it....except for Arsenal.

At this point the exit from Europe is inevitable as on yesterdays showing they'll be lucky to get a shot on target let alone score 3 times without reply.

Moyes may have been given the job because of the old pals act ( Fergie has known David Moyes Sr for years ) but unless the Glazers are completely insane they have to be looking at other options for next season.

From a footballing and financial standpoint, there is no sense in keeping Moyes any longer, it would be cheaper to pay him off now and give the transfer funds to his replacement.

Due to a combination of Fergie's refusal to rebuild and Moyes destroying the confidence of pretty much everyone on the playing staff with his negative mindset there's no instant fix, even with the funds at their disposal the rebuild will take 3-5 years IF a manager with a proven track record and a coherent footballing philosophy is hired.

Louis Van Gaal has indicated he'd like to manage in England after he's done with Holland at the World Cup and has already been linked with Spurs and United.

He's been managed several big clubs and won trophies in his time including the Champions League so he wouldn't be frightened of the task of making United competitive again.

If Jurgen Klopp couldn't be tempted away from Dortmund I think he'd be as good a choice as anyone and bringing back Michael Phelan and Rene Meulensteen as part of the coaching setup wouldn't hurt either.

The Moyes jokes keep on coming :lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

Still we (Arsenal) could only get one point out of them. It's a shame because Utd have been our bogey team for ages & this was a golden opportunity for AW to break that run. I bet AW is loving Moyes at Utd though because this would normally be him now getting all this stick :lol

I thought Arsenal were really poor yesterday. We ground out a result which is all well and good but it just papers over the cracks once again. Tottenham were dominant throughout the game, they just couldn't convert their chances.

Liverpool look a totally class act! They are deserved winners for me right now.

Back