English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your statements and posts point to a fair weather fan. To completely turn your back on a team you support because they have had one bad year is infantile. And at the same time making digs at fans of other teams who happen to be doing good.

I have more intrests in life than football so don't need to follow it to the obsessive levels that others choose to.

I used to go to games a lot when I was younger, I had a United season ticket for several seasons in the 90's but I stopped going to live games around 14 years ago, I neither have the time, money or inclination to go any more.

As for making digs at fans of other teams, that's just part of football culture in the UK, it's how it is.

Others have dished it out my way, so it's only natural that I'm liable to have a go back from time to time.

And as someone who almost lost their wife to cancer 4 years ago I would never abandon something we both love because of a losing season. I hope I teach my daughter that there is more to life than winning and losing. If my daughter, who is 18 months old now, fails a math test 10 years from now do I turn my back on her and say I'm not supporting her?

That's the difference right there,

Football is something I like, but it's not important enough to me to love, it's just a game.

So you only like a team if they are winning?

Don't think we are going to see eye to eye on this. Best we stop talking about it.

If they were losing but still playing nice football it'd be fine, it has been in previous seasons.

But I'm not willing to waste money on a Sky subscription to watch more garbage like this season.

Obviously, sports can be a sensitive topic. Some take it extremely seriously, on the order of religion or politics. But lewd, inappropriate insults are not called for, no matter how riled up you get. If you guys can't get along, then please try to ignore each other, or don't come to this thread.

football is religion, football is life, i get bad test results whenver united play badly. in saying that im doing pretty horrible this year lol

United's "reward" for getting past Olimpiakos is Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter finals :rotfl

The club's record defeat was a 7-0 loss to Blackburn back in 1926.

The record aggregate win in Champions League history is Bayern's 12-1 demolition of Sporting Lisbon in 2008/09.

2 more unwanted records for Moyes are ON! :yess:

United's "reward" for getting past Olimpiakos is Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter finals :rotfl

The club's record defeat was a 7-0 loss to Blackburn back in 1926.

The record aggregate win in Champions League history is Bayern's 12-1 demolition of Sporting Lisbon in 2008/09.

2 more unwanted records for Moyes are ON! :yess:

You say that you supported United since 1984?, how a so called supporter of a club, supporting them for so long can seemingly take so much delight in their demise is beyond me:huh. If I were ever to give up on Liverpool(which will never happen), I wouldn't sit and bash them constantly, I would try and find something that does make me happy, it's embarrassing tbh.

You say that you supported United since 1984?, how a so called supporter of a club, supporting them for so long can seemingly take so much delight in their demise is beyond me:huh. If I were ever to give up on Liverpool(which will never happen), I wouldn't sit and bash them constantly, I would try and find something that does make me happy, it's embarrassing tbh.

:exactly:

I don't care how bad the manager is i could never want Liverpool to get beat. I don't even like them losing a friendly match. :lol

I can find humor in any situation, there's no point getting upset over daft things like football.

I also know when to mind my own business.

How you choose to follow your team is of no intrest to me, nor would I ever presume to try to tell you how to do so.

You however are not the first Liverpool fan to attempt to lecture me on the subject and it's getting a bit old.

Focus on your own team and stop trying to start trouble just because I was a United fan.

in reply to thecorsair

Haha, I'm far from harassing you or using abusive language, I just find it laughable.

Tbh I actually think it's hurting you to see United in this state and this is your way of letting of steam and hiding the fact it is hurting you, that I could maybe understand.

in reply to thecorsair

Haha, I'm far from harassing you or using abusive language, I just find it laughable.

Tbh I actually think it's hurting you to see United in this state and this is your way of letting of steam and hiding the fact it is hurting you, that I could maybe understand.

Laughable that I'm finding some humor in United's demise?

Laughable that a football team isn't something sacred to me and that I can drop it without a second thought?

Whatever dude, I'm done here.

Arsenal are having a great game 2 nil down under 10 mins :( :lol

We can't play the big boys & beat them or even trouble them.

I bet AW is loving his 1000th game. 3 down in under 20mins & a man down :lol

I bet AW wished he bought some players in Jan now

Baffles me when Refs send the wrong players off

Back