English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see Barca beating Real away & Messi hitting a hatrick. Forget about Ronaldo, Messi is still the best in the world as far I'm concerned.

Something I found weird IF true was listening to a Spanish journalist being interviewed & he was saying how everyone in Spain supports 2 teams. There local team & then either Barca or Madrid. He was saying about how he was watching the Malaga game & then after there match finished most of there supporters suddenly turned into Madrid fans for there evening match :lol

Can you imagine West Ham supporters etc doing that & then suddenly becoming Man Utd supporters :lol

There is a polarising effect in Spain mainly because of separatist and nationalist fans. Most separatists like the Basques and Catalans and other fiercely disputed breakaway areas tend to support Barca other than their local club as Barca symbolised the resistance to the Spanish unification under Franco. Whereas those who want the unified Spanish nation support Real Madrid as it is considered the 'national club' of Spain and has always been the choice club for Spain's royalty and Dictators.

I have friends who live in Bilbao who are fierce Basques... they support Athletic Bilbao in a fanatic manner but whenever Madrid play Barca its always Barca they root for, similarly for a friend who lives in Sevilla and consideres Andulasia Spanish so wholeheartedly supports Real Madrid.

There is a polarising effect in Spain mainly because of separatist and nationalist fans. Most separatists like the Basques and Catalans and other fiercely disputed breakaway areas tend to support Barca other than their local club as Barca symbolised the resistance to the Spanish unification under Franco. Whereas those who want the unified Spanish nation support Real Madrid as it is considered the 'national club' of Spain and has always been the choice club for Spain's royalty and Dictators.

I have friends who live in Bilbao who are fierce Basques... they support Athletic Bilbao in a fanatic manner but whenever Madrid play Barca its always Barca they root for, similarly for a friend who lives in Sevilla and consideres Andulasia Spanish so wholeheartedly supports Real Madrid.

Right gotcha. I actually forgot all about the Basque & Catalan part of it :slap so yeah it does make sense now.

I see this & thought of Corsair ;)

Manchester United fans should look upon this season as an opportunity.
https://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26704856

Arsenal's fall doesn't seem to be getting any better. Losing one nil at home against a struggling Swansea :slap

The way things are going Everton are going to over take us as were still got them away & City at home next :/

Man City comfortably beat Utd tonight 3 nil. A bump back to earth for Moyes thinking Utd had turned a leaf just because they beat Olympiakos & West Ham :/

Arsenal are out of the title race after only drawing with a struggling Swansea team & now were back to reality for a fight for 4th with Everton & Spurs. Oh well it was fun pretending we were title challengers :lol

Im expecting goals tonight. I have your top two in my dream team and with sterling in midfield and im in a position where I can win money :)

Cant say im looking forward to our trip to your place this weekend :/

Videos like these crack me up so much. Utd supporters have been so spoilt with success over the past 20 odd years they just can't deal with this at all :lol

mrflyingpig videos cracking me up so much. Every time Utd lose I have to see what he has to say :rotfl

His Man City thoughts :lol
https://youtu.be/ue-CAgvps28

Well done to Liverpool tonight, just make sure you beat them chavs

Utd supporters have been so spoilt with success over the past 20 odd years they just can't deal with this at all :lol

Not even a full season either. Getting a taste of what it's like to be a fan where you don't win almost every year. :lol

Back