English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

I was also annoyed that we seem to always leave in the transfer window but usually pull a rabbit last min yet this time, we will suffer because of the lack of a quality new forward and whats worse, now weve had champs league football, it will be tough to keep the bales and modric's whatever there contracts state.
I hated what Levy did to Jol but since then, he has put the club first and invested and run it well.
Just seems very unwise the4 front line ws not addressed.
Id keep Defoe as he usually hits 15 to 20 a season, maybe more.
Pav needs to move on and crouch needs a leg transplant or leave :lecture :lol

With Levy are you refering to the way they went about buying a majority of English talent because they could then sell it at a premium? Comolli was a turd too... Jol told him multiple times that he needed a left sided player, and although they did buy an 18 year old Bale as a LB during Jol's time the majority of that period featured right footed players on the left, which choked out any and all width.... Really, a few years back it was all Berba and Keane. Most attacks flowed through the middle, even though the likes of Jenas and Zokora were far from prolific, thanks to Keane's ability to link up play and Berba's nice passing touch... They made for a great partnership.

Man Utd 1-0 Everton

Chicharito does it again :yess:

Anderson had one of the best games I've seen him play and Valencia & Shrek were also excellent.

Gibson and Nani = FAIL

EDIT

Bolton 2-1 Arsenal :)

This has hardly been a vintage year for United but the title could be secured by beating both their nearest rivals in the next couple of league games.

I wouldn't bet against it happening either :)

Last edited:

No words. :( :( Come back from a lovely vacation at the beach to watch that crap. So now we might sink to 4th. :rotfl Unfreaking believable. :(

Read an amusing article today which described Man Utd's alleged midfielder Darron Gibson's unhappy debut on Twitter.

Within minutes of his account going live, his account received several abusive comments about his decision to play for the Republic of Ireland instead of his native Northern Ireland and others questioned his suitability for the United squad so he quickly logged off :rotfl

Apparently Shrek also has a Twitter page now but hasn't posted yet as he can't switch his PC on.

With Levy are you refering to the way they went about buying a majority of English talent because they could then sell it at a premium? Comolli was a turd too... Jol told him multiple times that he needed a left sided player, and although they did buy an 18 year old Bale as a LB during Jol's time the majority of that period featured right footed players on the left, which choked out any and all width.... Really, a few years back it was all Berba and Keane. Most attacks flowed through the middle, even though the likes of Jenas and Zokora were far from prolific, thanks to Keane's ability to link up play and Berba's nice passing touch... They made for a great partnership.

No the thing i didnt like about levy was the sacking of jol when the news broke at half time when we played Getafe and how it was just "coincidental" that John Alexandra and levys henchmen were at Ramos's hotel before hand. Really poor handling and the club were yet again a laughing stock. However, Levy has put the club in the right direction and backed the managers so we can count ourselves lucky.
For me Jol put all the foundations in place and made us a great side.
Really nice guy too and once when either takes the england job or does the laundry on B wing, id love to see Jol come back one day.

Schalke 0-2 Man Utd :yess:

2 goals in 2 minutes from Giggs & Shrek were enough to decide a game that United dominated.

Even Carrick had a decent game and Scholes for once managed not to leave his boot embedded in an opposing player's thigh....Nani still sucked though :lol

Last edited:

A month or so back I said United would have no chance against Barcelona or Real but Chicharito's pace and movement will be a threat to anyone especially with the service he gets from Shrek, Giggs and Valencia who has returned from injury in amazing form.

The biggest concern is in the middle of the pitch as Carrick tends to suck the most when he's put under pressure which he wasn't last night.

Last night was the first time I've seen Manuel Neuer in action and he looks awesome....too bad it looks like he's going to Bayern Munich.

A month or so back I said United would have no chance against Barcelona or Real but Chicharito's pace and movement will be a threat to anyone especially with the service he gets from Shrek, Giggs and Valencia who has returned from injury in amazing form.

The biggest concern is in the middle of the pitch as Carrick tends to suck the most when he's put under pressure which he wasn't last night.

Last night was the first time I've seen Manuel Neuer in action and he looks awesome....too bad it looks like he's going to Bayern Munich.

Hernandez was a great pickup for you guys..kid def plays 110% the entire game and always looks hungry. I think Barca will win in the defense and the midfield. I can't see manu stopping xavi, messi, iniesta, and villa. And I don't think that manu will be able to get past puyol and pique...they might have to play through the middle and I think barca's midfield will stiffle them.

Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona

Barring a big turnaround in the 2nd legs it's looking like Wanderer is going to be right.

A huge task for United but in a one off game anything can happen and not even Barcelona can play well in every game.

Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona

Barring a big turnaround in the 2nd legs it's looking like Wanderer is going to be right.

A huge task for United but in a one off game anything can happen and not even Barcelona can play well in every game.

ummm i was the on who called manu/barca as the final. :monkey3 wanderer said it would be real vs manu.:monkey1

Last edited:

:slap Can't remember the last time I watched such a tedious game up to the point Messi showed his genius again. By and large though, those Spanish are a bunch of cynical cry baby wee fannies. I really hope we beat them on home turf.

Barring a miracle, Barca are through and i'm 50quid lighter :gah:

Was great to see Mourinho and his anti-football defeated with the highlights being Messi's sublime 2nd goal and The Special One sitting in his Special seat in the stand.:lol His rant after the game about Unicef was embarrassing and he's quickly becoming a stain on the beautiful game as all we seem to hear is his arrogance and negativity.:cuckoo:

Both teams were unfortunately guilty of showing the worst that football has to offer.:(

If all stays as it is which you would think it would then a Bar v Man final will be an excellent match.

Was great to see Mourinho and his anti-football defeated with the highlights being Messi's sublime 2nd goal and The Special One sitting in his Special seat in the stand.:lol His rant after the game about Unicef was embarrassing and he's quickly becoming a stain on the beautiful game as all we seem to hear is his arrogance and negativity.:cuckoo:

Both teams were unfortunately guilty of showing the worst that football has to offer.:(

If all stays as it is which you would think it would then a Bar v Man final will be an excellent match.

I'm a Madrid fan but not too fond of Mourinho..but you have to wonder about what he says. Almost every team that faces Barca at this stage in the CL has a player sent off. It really is incredible. Sergio can dive and fall pretending that he's been shot in the face and gets no yellow for playacting. That barca team should be embarrassed by the amount of diving they did in yesterday's game. I just got to work, and 2 of the guys I work with are diehard Barca fans and even they said it was a pathetic display. As I said earlier, the final will be Barca 2, Manu 0 and someone from manu will be shown a red.

Pathetic that the best team in the world resorts to such antics.

Unlucky Vas but despite the antics the team trying to play football deserved the win.:wink1:

As i said both teams were guilty especially one or two of the Barca players. I cant stand those tactics no matter who it is and something needs to be done by UEFA-FIFA as no real football fan wants to have to put up with that rubbish.

I highly doubt you would see something like this in the EPL but thats a whole other argument.

Unlucky Vas but despite the antics the team trying to play football deserved the win.:wink1:

As i said both teams were guilty especially one or two of the Barca players. I cant stand those tactics no matter who it is and something needs to be done by UEFA-FIFA as no real football fan wants to have to put up with that rubbish.

I highly doubt you would see something like this in the EPL but thats a whole other argument.

UEFA turns a blind eye when it's barca. I'm not a conspiracy person but everyone in the world knows how sergio goes down playacting. Look back at the barca inter game couple of years ago...he went down like he was shot, rolled around, saw the inter player get a red then smiled. all refs should be aware of his antics....and yet this ref gave him the foul every single time. to me that is amazing.

and i do think that real was playing soccer to win..their strategy was to play defensively for the first 65-70 mins then go all out on the attack. teams know that barca tend to tire out at the end of the games...something like 60 percent of all their goals are let in after the 70 minute mark.

i would rather root for a team that plays to a tie, than a team that dives and looks to have players sent off. to me that is the greater evil.

I think there were a few snipers at the game last night :lol.

Back