English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

I think there were a few snipers at the game last night :lol.

You think? :rotfl:rotfl You can even see him starting to laugh at the end of the video..he knew what he had done.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4TrnUwvRpA"]YouTube - Sergio busquets dive vs real Madrid[/ame]

I don't understand how people slam mourinho for his "negative" soccer tactics when it's clear that barca's goal every game is to get a player sent off. after every single foul, the entire team...all 11 of them approach the ref to complain. even the backup goal feels like he should get involved. if you go back and watch all of the barca CL games when they get someone sent off, they are usually tied and then once the player is shown the red they go on to win. it happens way to often for it to be coincidence. maybe madrid didn't come out attacking but they sure as hell didn't dive all over the field like busquets, pedro and even villa.

Sniper city. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl "More than a team" my ass...:monkey4

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdAtbnfgbM4"]YouTube - Mascherano, Pedro, Busquets - The Real Actors[/ame]

To be fair all the european clubs do it. When i watched the madrid game 2 weeks ago, they were dropping as though they'd inhaled mustard gas and when Marcelo was caught on camera clenching his fists saying yes when Crouch saw red, I thought that was pretty discusting.
Still, the final should be a great one.
I have a feeling United may beat them.

If Scholes plays in the final I can see a couple of Barcelona players going down and staying down because his tackling doesn't leave any room for playacting :lol

Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd

As ever United got punished for including Nani in the starting lineup and the absence of Giggs also contributed to the limp attacking performance.

Vidic was lucky not to concede a penalty with a blatant handball although that was balanced out late on when Owen was fouled in the area and nothing was given.

Arsenal won't win the title but I don't think United deserve it either.

Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd

As ever United got punished for including Nani in the starting lineup and the absence of Giggs also contributed to the limp attacking performance.

Vidic was lucky not to concede a penalty with a blatant handball although that was balanced out late on when Owen was fouled in the area and nothing was given.

Arsenal won't win the title but I don't think United deserve it either.

Fantastic win by the Gunners....the team showed a lot of heart. United looked very tired the first half. I'd love to know how manu has different rules than the rest of the PL. A crystal clear handball in the box by Vidic and no whistle. :slap It's so obvious that there is one set of rules for manu and another set for the rest of the teams. This win will be even sweeter if it keeps manu from winning the title. :) chelskie/manu next weekend is going to be a scrapper of a game.

And so very brilliant to see Ramsey get a goal. Happy to see him playing for us again. :clap According to the BBC the team that Arsenal started was the youngest in the history of the PL...shows we have a great future.

And the new kits go on sale tonight!!! Good day all around!

Last edited:

It's so obvious that there is one set of rules for manu and another set for the rest of the teams.

If there were one set of rules for United and another for the rest then the penalty in the last 10 minutes when Owen was clearly fouled in the area would have been given :slap

That kind of conspiracy theory is all too typical from bitter fans of teams that aren't good enough to put themselves in the position to have the same success that United have had regularly since the mid 90's.

If there were one set of rules for United and another for the rest then the penalty in the last 10 minutes when Owen was clearly fouled in the area would have been given :slap

That kind of conspiracy theory is all too typical from bitter fans of teams that aren't good enough to put themselves in the position to have the same success that United have had regularly since the mid 90's.

That was a 50/50 call. The handball was clear as day. And I don't think there is a conspiracy...manu just tend to get more favorable calls. And Arsenal have been pretty successful since the 90s. :1-1:

That was a 50/50 call. The handball was clear as day. And I don't think there is a conspiracy...manu just tend to get more favorable calls. And Arsenal have been pretty successful since the 90s. :1-1:

True but Arsenal have had their share of "Fergie time" wins over the years too.

And your guys did deserve the win today so all's cool......I feared the worst as soon as I discovered Nani was starting :lol

True but Arsenal have had their share of "Fergie time" wins over the years too.

And your guys did deserve the win today so all's cool......I feared the worst as soon as I discovered Nani was starting :lol

You can see a difference when scholes/giggs aren't on the field. I'd say its the same when cesc isn't on for us, but ramsey really stood up today. Going to order a wilshere home jersey and ramsey away when they go up for sale 4 hours from now. the wife wants a walcott...jersey that is. :lol

It's always the jealous & bitter fan who drags out the 'Utd are lucky' cliché. Load of crap that i'm afraid.
We really weren't at the races today and the result a fair reflection. You can't say it was down to one player when all 11 were mediocre.
Crazy season this year. Not one team seem capable or deserving of winning the league. That said, the winner may be the one who walks out of OT with all 3 points on Sunday.
I hope those Arabs finally buy Utd in the summer off those skint little American Leprechauns and invest in some much needed midfield reinforcements. The broke ass Glazers have leeched off this great club long enough.
As for Arsenal, I love their brand of footy and I'll be happy if they pinch back 2nd from Chelski come the season end.

I really dont know how the lino didnt see the hand ball ??
It was a pen and a red which would have seriously effected Uniteds title chances.
I really dont want to see chelsea win it after the luck they got yesterday.
The sooner the french mob get out of fifa the better. Then we may get the technology the game needs.
Terrible decisions today and yesterday but no supprise.

I really dont know how the lino didnt see the hand ball ??
It was a pen and a red which would have seriously effected Uniteds title chances.
I really dont want to see chelsea win it after the luck they got yesterday.
The sooner the french mob get out of fifa the better. Then we may get the technology the game needs.
Terrible decisions today and yesterday but no supprise.

terrible decisions all season long. the technology is there...use it. it won't affect the beauty of the game at all. the longer the fa drag their feet on this the more stupid they look. adapt to the times or get the hell out.

It's always the jealous & bitter fan who drags out the 'Utd are lucky' cliché. Load of crap that i'm afraid.
We really weren't at the races today and the result a fair reflection. You can't say it was down to one player when all 11 were mediocre.
Crazy season this year. Not one team seem capable or deserving of winning the league. That said, the winner may be the one who walks out of OT with all 3 points on Sunday.
I hope those Arabs finally buy Utd in the summer off those skint little American Leprechauns and invest in some much needed midfield reinforcements. The broke ass Glazers have leeched off this great club long enough.
As for Arsenal, I love their brand of footy and I'll be happy if they pinch back 2nd from Chelski come the season end.

far from jealous and bitter of manu. :) we are the invicibles. :clap:clap you can keep your nani's to yourself. :rotfl all i said was that it was a clear handball and should have been a penalty. there are manu fans on the bigsoccer forum who are saying that vidic's hand never touched it and that rvp should have been shown a red for shooting on goal. :monkey4 as well as saying that the tackles by wilshere, ramsey, walcott and song should have all been straight reds. :lol:lol gotta love manu fans. :monkey1

it'd be quite the season if chelsea steal the title and manu lose to barca in the champions league. sunday's game will be scrappy and ugly.

Ah please! Here you go again! Right, now go on any football forum for ANY club and their fans will come up with equally ridiculous statements :)
Sadly, and any neutral will agree, this anti Utd sentiment stems from the jealously of our success and stature in world football.
Perfect example are City, who's 'magnificent' fans didn't particularly support their team when they played Blackburn last week, but instead chanted all game about our dead in the Munich crash...and this is despite the fact the dead consisted of fellow Mancs AND an ex City player! Very sad.
What will also be sad is, if we reach the CL final, guaranteed the majority of non Utd fans won't be getting behind us as representatives of England and support the country but will instead support the Spanish! :cuckoo:

Ah please! Here you go again! Right, now go on any football forum for ANY club and their fans will come up with equally ridiculous statements :)
Sadly, and any neutral will agree, this anti Utd sentiment stems from the jealously of our success and stature in world football.
Perfect example are City, who's 'magnificent' fans didn't particularly support their team when they played Blackburn last week, but instead chanted all game about our dead in the Munich crash...and this is despite the fact the dead consisted of fellow Mancs AND an ex City player! Very sad.
What will also be sad is, if we reach the CL final, guaranteed the majority of non Utd fans won't be getting behind us as representatives of England and support the country but instead will support the Spanish!

Yes...but it's still funny to read how manu were robbed in this game and that arsenal played "negative football." I don't know why most people hate manu...it's the same here in the USA where unless you are a Yankees fan, you despise them. Same as the dallas cowboys. Success is part of it...but i think with all 3 teams there is an allusion of entitlement...that if there is any benefit of doubt the decision should go their way. and i think that thought comes from both their previous winnings as well and how rich the clubs are. i heard on the bbc that manu are the most hated organization in all of the UK..more than your utility/power companies, political parties and other groups. that's pretty telling.

if it is manu vs barca in the final i think more people will actually root for manu after the atrocious soccer played last week. unless you are a diehard barca fan...you won't root for that bunch of diving babies. i think the neutral fans will lean towards your way...not barca's.

Yes...but it's still funny to read how manu were robbed in this game and that arsenal played "negative football." I don't know why most people hate manu...it's the same here in the USA where unless you are a Yankees fan, you despise them. Same as the dallas cowboys. Success is part of it...but i think with all 3 teams there is an allusion of entitlement...that if there is any benefit of doubt the decision should go their way. and i think that thought comes from both their previous winnings as well and how rich the clubs are. i heard on the bbc that manu are the most hated organization in all of the UK..more than your utility/power companies, political parties and other groups. that's pretty telling.

if it is manu vs barca in the final i think more people will actually root for manu after the atrocious soccer played last week. unless you are a diehard barca fan...you won't root for that bunch of diving babies. i think the neutral fans will lean towards your way...not barca's.

:goodpost: Success breeds contempt. I guess It's in our DNA .
I like Barca's brand of football just like Arsenal (They're the only 2 clubs I can watch play with any interest) However I lost a lot of respect for them during the last 2 El'Clsssico's. They been exposed as play acting cry babies.
I hope the country does get behind Utd if we get there... god knows we'll need it after today's shocker:slap

:goodpost: Success breeds contempt. I guess It's in our DNA .
I like Barca's brand of football just like Arsenal (They're the only 2 clubs I can watch play with any interest) However I lost a lot of respect for them during the last 2 El'Clsssico's. They been exposed as play acting cry babies.
I hope the country does get behind Utd if we get there... god knows we'll need it after today's shocker:slap

The uk will root for manu but i still say 2-0 to barca

i heard on the bbc that manu are the most hated organization in all of the UK..more than your utility/power companies, political parties and other groups. that's pretty telling.

The BBC is hardly an unbiased source. Look at their main football presenters/pundits,

Gary Lineker = A great goalscorer who wasted his career with lesser clubs and flopped at the only big one he played for ( Barcelona ).

Will be best remembered for having big ears and advertising a popular brand of potato chips.

Alan Shearer = Could have signed for United twice, first in '92 and then again in '96. Instead chose to waste his career with Blackburn and then Newcastle and retired with a solitary league winner's medal that he got when Blackburn made the most of Eric Cantona's ban in the second half of the '94/'95 season.

Could both be hiding their bitterness at having had minimal success in their own playing careers by joining ex bindippers Alan Hansen & Mark Lawrenson in their criticism?

I think so.

Then there's the small matter of the documentary on SAF made in 2004 which was a complete hatchet job and the reason why he stopped giving them interviews.

So I wouldn't take anything the BBC says as gospel.

If United still make it number 19 it'll be hilarious watching the BBC lot having to say nice things about them.

Last edited:

SAF escapes more charges from the FA after he blasted the refs after the Arsenal game. I love this quote from him:

"We're not going to get the decisions in these big games, I'm afraid," the United boss said. "We are not going to get decisions like that in a major game. It's too big a game and we don't seem to get these decisions."

So a clear handball, crystal clear handball by Vidic in the box which would have been a penalty isn't a decision going in MANUs way? :slap:slap

Back