English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

Law of averages so Arsenal were due for a win over United which was great for us neutrals. Man were definitely flat and no suprise when you consider that all 4 UCL semi finalists lost their weekend games.

Looking forward to Chel v Man game on the weekend and whilst under normal circumstances would be backing Man will have to hope the Blues pull one out for us Reds.

Barca into the UCL final and despite the embarrassing ballerina performance in the first game overall played the more positive football. You would think Man would have no probs getting through so a dream final really. Hopefully the winner is deserved and the result is not decided by something the officials do or dont do.

Hey Wand :wave good luck mate......well not too much.:pfft:

Nani is already undergoing special training sessions for the CL final.........firstly at the swimming pool being used for next year's Olympics and then at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art :lol

I would never completely write off United in a one off game but the weakness in the centre of midfield that was exploited by Man City and Arsenal in recent weeks is a huge area of concern because neither of those teams are close to being Barcelona.

This is of course assuming they don't make a monumental mess of the second leg and lose to Schalke. The way things have gone this season nothing is certain.

Nani is already undergoing special training sessions for the CL final.........firstly at the swimming pool being used for next year's Olympics and then at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art :lol

I would never completely write off United in a one off game but the weakness in the centre of midfield that was exploited by Man City and Arsenal in recent weeks is a huge area of concern because neither of those teams are close to being Barcelona.

This is of course assuming they don't make a monumental mess of the second leg and lose to Schalke. The way things have gone this season nothing is certain.

Nani's diving is going to pale in comparison to barca. If anything he might learn how to add more flair to his acting...him and busquests will be doing this during warmups. :slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

not sure who i'm going to root for. based upon the way barca played that first game against madrid i'm inclined to root for manu. i think it would bother me more if barca won....kinda a more or two evils thing.

Id sooner see United do it not only because its an english side, but its another 2 fingers to the 2 french idiots that are in control of the biggest game in the world.
They never favour the english and constantly make off hand comments towards us.
I really cant stand them.
At the same time, what a season and achievment it would be to see the worlds best player and maybe the best player to ever grace the game lift the european cup.
I think the comments about uniteds centre mid are so so true.
Its by far Uniteds weakest area and Barca's strongest and what they are made of though you wouldnt bet against United playing poor but Rooney and Hernandez nicking a win.

Man Utd 4-1 Schalke

Anderson scores twice in the same game.........( head explodes )

Law of averages so Arsenal were due for a win over United which was great for us neutrals. Man were definitely flat and no suprise when you consider that all 4 UCL semi finalists lost their weekend games.

Looking forward to Chel v Man game on the weekend and whilst under normal circumstances would be backing Man will have to hope the Blues pull one out for us Reds.

Barca into the UCL final and despite the embarrassing ballerina performance in the first game overall played the more positive football. You would think Man would have no probs getting through so a dream final really. Hopefully the winner is deserved and the result is not decided by something the officials do or dont do.

Hey Wand :wave good luck mate......well not too much.:pfft:

Hey Red hope you're good mate! It's been far too long. :wave Always good to see you chip in and as usual bring a balanced view of things ... which, incidentally, is unheard of from a Liverpool supporter!! :hi5:
Utd looked impressive but really not hard against a struggling team like Scalke 06 :)
Fergie has some big decisions to make in the final - play defencive or offensive. The former worked for Morinho in the Spanish cup final however that isn't Utd's way and could backfire.
I hope Fergie is brave enough to stick with the winning formula and play Rooney, & Berba upfront with Carrick n' Giggs in the middle and Valencia and Park wide. Hernandez is an amazing weapon to bring on as sub imo. If he goes 4-5-1 Rooney playing alone up top, lets just give the cup to Barca now.
Weak centre mid? Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher, Gibson. Fergie would say otherwise. Strength in depth is above every other club in the league:lecture

Scholes should be nowhere near the squad for the final because with his tackling and Barca's play acting there'd only be one outcome.

I also think Berbatov should be left out because he rarely plays well against big opposition especially in Europe.

If it was 0-0 in the last minute and United got a one on one with the keeper I'd back Shrek, Hernandez and even Owen to score over Berbatov every single time.

Last edited:

Nooooooooooooooooorwich!

borat_great_success-450x337.jpg

Cant see anything but a barca win for the final.

Hey Red hope you're good mate! It's been far too long. :wave Always good to see you chip in and as usual bring a balanced view of things ... which, incidentally, is unheard of from a Liverpool supporter!! :hi5:
Utd looked impressive but really not hard against a struggling team like Scalke 06 :)
Fergie has some big decisions to make in the final - play defencive or offensive. The former worked for Morinho in the Spanish cup final however that isn't Utd's way and could backfire.
I hope Fergie is brave enough to stick with the winning formula and play Rooney, & Berba upfront with Carrick n' Giggs in the middle and Valencia and Park wide. Hernandez is an amazing weapon to bring on as sub imo. If he goes 4-5-1 Rooney playing alone up top, lets just give the cup to Barca now.
Weak centre mid? Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher, Gibson. Fergie would say otherwise. Strength in depth is above every other club in the league:lecture

You look at the centre mid and not one of those would be considered world class.
Yea giggs and scholes are great players but they are closer to 40 than they are 20.
The rest are lacking and i feel it will be about Barca in midfield and United on the wings playing on the counter.
I like Berba but would pick Hernandez ahead of him to try and get the first goal. Berba's a great palyer to bring on to hold the ball and bring others into play.

So for fans of the Champions League in the USA Fox Soccer Channel isn't airing the match live. It will be on your local FOX station. Just a heads up. I think it starts at 2:45pm with coverage staring at 2pm.

I think it was that way last year too.... Which is nice since I don't get FSC in HD.

We just got it with FIOS....so much better. Glad they waited til there are 3 games left in the season though. :slap

Thanks mate....i think.:lol

I have been hanging over there in the light away from the dark if you know what i mean.

Looking forward to the weekends game and most definitely the UCL final in 3 weeks.:yess:

Really dont want to see spain the dominant force in football as cl champions, world champions and probably euro champions lol

Really dont want to see spain the dominant force in football as cl champions, world champions and probably euro champions lol

I think my indifference towards Barca and my dislike for many of the ManU players makes the decision a little easier for me.... And you really never know what will happen at the Euros, Spain could be weaker in a year.

And I acctually support Italy, as well as the USA.... though I also support any Yids who are playing for their nations, of course.

I think my indifference towards Barca and my dislike for many of the ManU players makes the decision a little easier for me.... And you really never know what will happen at the Euros, Spain could be weaker in a year.

And I acctually support Italy, as well as the USA.... though I also support any Yids who are playing for their nations, of course.

Not judging by the spain u21s lol. They have a very talented crop of players right now although the germans will be strong too

Man Utd 2-1 Chelski :yess:

Ryan Giggs was instrumental in the Champions League wins and did likewise today with 2 more killer passes.......if the increasingly laughable Torres is worth £50 million then Giggs is worth 3 times as much even at 37 years of age.

Man Utd 2-1 Chelski :yess:

Ryan Giggs was instrumental in the Champions League wins and did likewise today with 2 more killer passes.......if the increasingly laughable Torres is worth £50 million then Giggs is worth 3 times as much even at 37 years of age.

dunno.....ask Imogen Thomas :lol

Back