English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

I really wish we would have drawn or lost to the bin dippers yesterday.... I'd rather Spurs just concentrate on league next year than have to travel around Europe to play all the other also-rans.

I really wish we would have drawn or lost to the bin dippers yesterday.... I'd rather Spurs just concentrate on league next year than have to travel around Europe to play all the other also-rans.

We could still get turned over by Birmingham :wink1:

I think Levy probably told Arry we must play in Europe as it does generate money and can still attract decent players.
Actually looked pretty decent against liverpool.

We could still get turned over by Birmingham :wink1:

I think Levy probably told Arry we must play in Europe as it does generate money and can still attract decent players.
Actually looked pretty decent against liverpool.

I can see that... And far be it for me to ever insinuate that winning at Anfield is somehow not special, I just know that CL qualification will be harder while playing in the EL.

I can see that... And far be it for me to ever insinuate that winning at Anfield is somehow not special, I just know that CL qualification will be harder while playing in the EL.

Depends how he approaches it. If he goes half in with some decent fringe players like Kranchar, Palacios , those kind of players and the fans dont get on his back for fielding a weaker side, it could put more pressure on a few first teamers to up there game whilst the fringe players get some decent game time.
Just trying to put a positive flip on it :rotfl

Still, like the fact we did the double on a good liverpool side this season

Depends how he approaches it. If he goes half in with some decent fringe players like Kranchar, Palacios , those kind of players and the fans dont get on his back for fielding a weaker side, it could put more pressure on a few first teamers to up there game whilst the fringe players get some decent game time.
Just trying to put a positive flip on it :rotfl

Still, like the fact we did the double on a good liverpool side this season

Yeah, that's always a great thing.

This will be an interesting summer. VDV, Modric and Bale will be the topic of many a half assed/zero researched internet rumor article during that time...:(

I want a Center-Back and a Striker....:lecture

Out of those id sooner keep modric. Such a class player.
wouldnt be suprised if vdv left.
We need 2 strikers, centre back, left back cover and i think lennon need some competition on the right.
Oh and a keeper lol

Yeah, I think the Gomes experiment has run it's course...

So I was just reading an article about the spot UEFA gifts a team into the Europa League through that fair play thing... Looks like Fulham will get that spot but they're accutally third behind Chelsea and Spurs, so even if we lose and Liverpool are to win this weekend we'll still be playing European football, for better or worse.

I like VDV quite a bit... The one thing that does concern me with Bale is his health. Seems like he's always hurt.

Im not sure it concerns chelsea as they have champs league so it would place fulham 2nd and blackpool 3rd.
Would love blackpool to make europe lol
We need to keep vdv but i get the impression if a better offer come along, i could see him going. Might be wrong. Hope so.
With so much media hype around Bale, iv really noticed players going in hard on him in the last few months.
Just hope he comes back strong for next season.

The FA have decided to let Fergie off with a warning for saying nice things about a referee :lol

In another example of their double standards they're doing nothing about the 2 Man City players who swore live on the BBC during a post Cup Final interview.......Shrek uttered the "F" word a couple of times into a camera during a goal celebration and got banned for a couple of games.

Seems the corruption at FIFA is only the tip of the iceberg.

Chelsea say they have parted company with Carlo Ancelotti .......aka sacked :lol

Chelsea say they have parted company with Carlo Ancelotti .......aka sacked :lol

I'm sure he'll get a nice payoff and walk into another top job for next season.

Really though it's a bit pathetic, the man won a Double in his first season and didn't have a particularly bad season by most people's standards this time round but Abramovich doesn't get the fact that consistently great teams are built on stability which they'll never get with his current policy.

United ended up with a 4-2 win against Blackpool but Berbatov's finishing was terrible. Chicharito and Shrek should start the CL Final.

304954449.jpg

Got to say Giggs is all class always has been. Hardly ever involved in the BS,quiet,unassuming,aged like a fine red(Devil that is)and in my opinion one of the greats. My all time fav Man U player and thats coming from a passionate lifetime supporter of Liverpool.
YNWA

Wow doesn't appear to be the case off the field by the sounds of it......what a let down.:pfft:

I'm sure he'll get a nice payoff and walk into another top job for next season.

Really though it's a bit pathetic, the man won a Double in his first season and didn't have a particularly bad season by most people's standards this time round but Abramovich doesn't get the fact that consistently great teams are built on stability which they'll never get with his current policy.

United ended up with a 4-2 win against Blackpool but Berbatov's finishing was terrible. Chicharito and Shrek should start the CL Final.

Agree on Abra, no idea on the history of the game and what it takes to win, besides big money of course.

It's a well known fact that Fergie doesn't trust Berba in the bigger games plus he would rather have someone that is going to work more for the team.

Well United ended up taking it the title fairly comfortably in the end whereas our lads ended up with a spluttering stop......still hopefully a better season to look forward to, surely.

Now onto the big one.:yess:

Last edited:

It's a bit of a shame that Giggs has turned out to be just like Shrek, John Terry, Ashley Cole etc etc but at the end of the day I think what went on should stay between the people involved and that's it.

Although footballers, actors, musicians etc etc live much of their life in the public eye they are still human beings and are entitled to the same levels of privacy that people in regular professions get.

The media always comes out with the "the public have a right to know" BS but I don't think we do and it's a sad reflection of modern society that so many people continue to lap up such garbage every time a paper prints it.

The irony is that if Giggs plays a part in the winning goal on Saturday the same journalists ripping him to bits for what he's done off the pitch will be back to hailing him as the greatest again.

Van Der Sar's replacement is,

David De Gea.

SAF announced it today.

The CL Final may be Scholes last game....if so I hope he finishes with a goal or killer pass instead of a red card.

It's a bit of a shame that Giggs has turned out to be just like Shrek, John Terry, Ashley Cole etc etc but at the end of the day I think what went on should stay between the people involved and that's it.

Although footballers, actors, musicians etc etc live much of their life in the public eye they are still human beings and are entitled to the same levels of privacy that people in regular professions get.

The media always comes out with the "the public have a right to know" BS but I don't think we do and it's a sad reflection of modern society that so many people continue to lap up such garbage every time a paper prints it.

The irony is that if Giggs plays a part in the winning goal on Saturday the same journalists ripping him to bits for what he's done off the pitch will be back to hailing him as the greatest again.

Van Der Sar's replacement is,

David De Gea.

SAF announced it today.

The CL Final may be Scholes last game....if so I hope he finishes with a goal or killer pass instead of a red card.

Weather the media are praising giggs or exposing his private affairs doesnt matter. Its selling papers.
These kiss and tells like Imogen and all these other z list "celebs" are nothing more than prostitutes.
They go to all these footballer haunts in what is nothing more than a numbers game and keep trying and trying until one of them is dumb enough to think he can have his way and not get found out.
They then go straight to a paper and sell there story which then get published in all the gossip mags. I think one was even on a high end politics show the other week talking about the same thing. Time they have finished,and with the right breaks, they can earn enough to not work for a very long time.
What really grates me is how they then go to the papers again and tell there story about how there life is hell.... laughable and very annoying

And why the Katies, Imagons, chantelles walk out of a tanning salon recovering from there ordeal on page 1,2,3,4... another british soldier dies on page 11 or 12

Anyway rant over. Gone beyond caring. Chelsea on the other hand are a joke. Any manager who takes the job pretty much has to win the league every year or your down the road.
Again laughable

So Arsenal are letting Barca use their training grounds in preparation for the game on Saturday...these two imbeciles think they are being clever by tweeting this pic. Man they have a hard-on for Cesc.

scaled.php

So Arsenal are letting Barca use their training grounds in preparation for the game on Saturday...these two imbeciles think they are being clever by tweeting this pic. Man they have a hard-on for Cesc.

scaled.php

Shortly after that pic was taken one of them dropped the framed photo on his foot and went down like he'd been shot :)

Shortly after that pic was taken one of them dropped the framed photo on his foot and went down like he'd been shot :)

While holding his face..even though the frame never touched his face. :lol:lol

While holding his face..even though the frame never touched his face. :lol:lol

The guy that framed the picture will have been banned by UEFA :lol

Although a clean victory would be nice a dubious goal in Fergie time would be even better :)

I just hope Ferdinand & Vidic get some protection from the midfield because if anyone runs at them it won't end well.....they largely get away with their shirt pulling and kicking in the Premier League but against Barcelona the only outcome is red.

Back