English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More good news for United,

Bebe looks to be joining Besiktas = No loss.

Gibson has said he'll leave unless he gets more first team action on a regular basis = See ya!

Ashley Young has agreed personal terms and will complete the move when he returns from his honeymoon = Another decent attacking option.

i think Nasri will be the next signing....there's blood in the water at arsenal and the sharks are coming. Only natural, i mean you can't expect to keep quality players by winning nothing

Last edited:
i think Nasri will be the next singing....there's blood in the water at arsenal and the sharks are coming. Only natural, i mean you can't expect to keep quality players by winning nothing

Rats from a sinking ship :lecture

Nah..Nasri wil stay with us. He's just looking for more money. Inside sources say it's his agent stirring things up to get him more $$. Our first purchase will likely be Gary Cahill...should shore up our defense.

According to his agent Nemanja Vidic made the following reply to a question about a possible move to Juventus,

"I am captain of Manchester United, I am earning well and have won almost everything.....why would I want to go to Italy when their football is going through such a turbulent time?"

If that's true then good for him. It was probably the agent trying to engineer another pay day for himself anyway.

Wesley Sneijder has made the following comment,

"The Inter fans have always treated me very well, they WERE wonderful and I simply want to thank them." before adding that "only God will decide where my future lies."

Call me cynical if you like but the only "God" involved will inevitably be whichever club offers him the most money :lol

Harry Redknapp has said that the Spurs chairman has assured him he won't let Modric go under any circumstances.

And speculation continues over City being about to make a £100 million bid for Ronaldo :cuckoo:

I heard Nasri is trying to write the last year off his contract to sign a new one as though he would be signing on as a bosman so he pockets a signing on fee and higher wages. Sounds fishy.
Our best signing this season would be to keep modric.
Our worse signing will be to keep crouch.

Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

Spurs should block any and all sales of our players to ManU... Simply tell our guys that we do not deal with them.

After Berbaflop and Carrick I wouldn't want United to buy anyone else from Spuds.

There's that too! It undermines our progress and the players we sell you don't seem to play even half as well... Lose-lose.

I'd sooner see Spuds continue to make progress as it'd keep City down a bit more.

The only thing I've got against Harry Redknapp is being responsible for that prat of a son who is possibly the worst pundit ever.

That said it's funny when he's on as the other pundits usually have a list of trophies they won during their career under their name when it appears onscreen.....Redknapp has nothing! :lol

Apparently United are now intrested in a 22-year old Chilean winger called Alexis Sanchez who currently plays for Udinese.

With Giggs still in hiding from his enraged brother and Nani being.....Nani it seems Fergie is looking to increase the options in wide areas before the season starts.

Arsenal's first signing for this summer is Gervinho from Lille for 10.6million; and apparently later today we'll announce that we've signed Chris Samba from Rovers. And... Gary Cahill most likely tomorrow. Pretty busy summer so far.

Arsenal's first signing for this summer is Gervinho from Lille for 10.6million; and apparently later today we'll announce that we've signed Chris Samba from Rovers. And... Gary Cahill most likely tomorrow. Pretty busy summer so far.

Arsenal signing an ENGLISH player? The world's gone mad! :lol

Chelski have started the bidding for Modric at £22 million,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16062011/58/premier-league-chelsea-22m-enough-modric.html

Bebe has gone to Besiktas.....but only on a season long loan. Unless he suddenly turns into a world class player I can't see him returning and getting in the team.

Arsenal signing an ENGLISH player? The world's gone mad! :lol

Chelski have started the bidding for Modric at £22 million,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16062011/58/premier-league-chelsea-22m-enough-modric.html

Bebe has gone to Besiktas.....but only on a season long loan. Unless he suddenly turns into a world class player I can't see him returning and getting in the team.

Hey now...we have plenty of English players on our squad: Wilshere, Walcott, Gibbs, Lansbury, Eastmond, Hoyte and JET.

I'm more amazed that we might actually make some positive signings while unloading garbage like Denilson, Rozy, Bendtner, and Diaby.

Hey now...we have plenty of English players on our squad: Wilshere, Walcott, Gibbs, Lansbury, Eastmond, Hoyte and JET.

I'm more amazed that we might actually make some positive signings while unloading garbage like Denilson, Rozy, Bendtner, and Diaby.

Aint the last 3 car park litter pickers :wink1:
Samba would be a great signing. Easily a top 4 defender.
Now woodgates been released to pursue a career on holby, id love us to sign Samba but i think he will sign for your lot.

After Berbaflop and Carrick I wouldn't want United to buy anyone else from Spuds.

Without "Berbaflops" goals as one of the leading scorers in the prem, you would'nt have won it.
Can hardly call a player a flop who scores 20 plus in one season in the prem.

I doubt United would be able to afford Modric.

Without "Berbaflops" goals as one of the leading scorers in the prem, you would'nt have won it.
Can hardly call a player a flop who scores 20 plus in one season in the prem.

I doubt United would be able to afford Modric.

Aside from a hat-trick against the bindippers most of his goals were against nobodies and his crappy finishing in big games cost them a spot in the FA Cup final at the expense of City.

So far United have spent £16.5 million for Phil Jones, are probably going to pay Athletico Madrid around £19 million for David de Gea and the chief executive is also meeting with Udinese to negotiate a £27 million purchase of Alexis Sanchez.

Then there's the Ashley Young deal to be completed which looks like being in the region of £20 million.

Although all parties are currently denying everything there's rumors that the current signings are being funded by Qatar Holdings as their initial gesture as part of an eventual buy-out from the Glazer family.

Even with a smaller transfer budget Fergie has managed to win trophies and get to several CL finals so if the club are bought out by a group that are said to make City's owners look "like paupers", their nearest English rivals will be screwed and building a team to seriously challenge Barcelona would become much easier.

With that kind of cash backing them Fergie wouldn't look twice at someone like Modric.

Last edited:

Aside from a hat-trick against the bindippers most of his goals were against nobodies and his crappy finishing in big games cost them a spot in the FA Cup final at the expense of City.

So far United have spent £16.5 million for Phil Jones, are probably going to pay Athletico Madrid around £19 million for David de Gea and the chief executive is also meeting with Udinese to negotiate a £27 million purchase of Alexis Sanchez.

Then there's the Ashley Young deal to be completed which looks like being in the region of £20 million.

Although all parties are currently denying everything there's rumors that the current signings are being funded by Qatar Holdings as their initial gesture as part of an eventual buy-out from the Glazer family.

Even with a smaller transfer budget Fergie has managed to win trophies and get to several CL finals so if the club are bought out by a group that are said to make City's owners look "like paupers", their nearest English rivals will be screwed and building a team to seriously challenge Barcelona would become much easier.

With that kind of cash backing them Fergie wouldn't look twice at someone like Modric.

There's a lot of conjecture there... a lot.

And Modric would still cost more than any player than United have bought to date, so I'm sure there would be some thought put into spending that kind of coin.

There's a lot of conjecture there... a lot.

And Modric would still cost more than any player than United have bought to date, so I'm sure there would be some thought put into spending that kind of coin.

The final fee for Phil Jones seems to have been £20.5 million so the coming weeks will see just how true some of the stories about the spending spree are......maybe the Glazers have finally let Fergie have the Ronaldo money.

If there is a decent amount of cash to spend I'd sooner see Fergie go for Wesley Sneijder than waste time with any more Spuds players.

Chicharito has continued his great form as he's so far scored 6 times in 4 games for Mexico in the Gold Cup.

He got a hat-trick against El Salvador, 2 against Cuba and a back heel against Guatemala that won the game after Mexico had gone a goal down.

He's also stated he wants to improve on his first season in England.

Be afraid Premier League, be very afraid.

Back