English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: English Premier League EPL - 2010-2011 Season

No complaints with that result, they hung in there for 45 minutes but the weakness in midfield that should have been exploited more by Premier League teams this season was finally exposed by a Barcelona team that showed they don't need to cheat.

It's still been a decent season but if SAF wants another Champions League then the midfield needs serious surgery.

They didn't win last time because the players didn't do what they were told..what'll it be now? I didn't watch the match, figured Barcelona would win.

No complaints with that result, they hung in there for 45 minutes but the weakness in midfield that should have been exploited more by Premier League teams this season was finally exposed by a Barcelona team that showed they don't need to cheat.

It's still been a decent season but if SAF wants another Champions League then the midfield needs serious surgery.

Yep...we all said all along that MANU would lose due to the midfield. It's shocking to see the disparity between the best English team and the best Spanish team...possession percentage was miles apart as were shots on goal. Was rooting for MANU and it pains me to say that barca are the best team in the world. MANU weren't even close in this game.

Off to another summer break...hopefully Arsenal can get through the qualifying stages of the CL. :slap:slap

The papers are suggesting a cash plus Berbatov deal for Luka Modric may be in the offing.

Probably BS but anything that gets Berbatov out of Old Trafford gets my support as he can't be trusted in big games.....which was why he wasn't even on the bench for the CL final.

The other usual suspects are once again being linked with United ( Wesley Sneijder, Ashley Young, etc ) but it'll be intresting to see how many actually materialise given the club's debt situation.

It also looks like Scholes is retiring, he's not been much use in the last few seasons but there's no question of his overall contribution.

I think the following players should go,
Berbatov
Carrick
Nani
Owen
Kuszczak
Bebe
Obertan

SAF is going nowhere though as he's stated his latest challenge is to try and match the standard being set by Barcelona.......gotta admire his continual drive for success even though he's already won more than most managers ever hope to.

Modric isnt going anywhere and said he would honour his contract. I hope.
I said it would be centre midfield where united would lose. Carrick wouldnt get in most top 4 sides now yet he was playing for the champions. Says it all really.
Will be an interesting summer.

And the first step to reshaping the squad is,

Giving Michael Owen a 1 year "pay as you play" deal and Danny Welbeck is also back from his loan spell at Sunderland............neither move is likely to cause Barca any sleepless nights.

Last edited:

Spuds sign Friedel for a 2 year deal with a free transfer. Pretty good deal for you guys Flosi...he should be a solid keeper...much more reliable than Gomez.

Last edited:

Intresting,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07062011/58/premier-league-ferdinand-praise-rival-nasri.html

In another news Shrek has had a hair transplant and Ryan Giggs seems determined to become a regular on Jerry Springer style talk shows.

EDIT
United have apparently told Real Madrid that Chicharito is not for sale at any price :rock

Never underestimate Madrid...

the-godfather-i-m-gonna-make-him-an-offer-he-can-t-refuse_design.png

Never underestimate Madrid...

the-godfather-i-m-gonna-make-him-an-offer-he-can-t-refuse_design.png

Or the Glazer family need for money to service their debts :mad:

If anyone got sold without SAF's blessing I think he'd walk, so far the Glazers have kept their nose out of team affairs and that's the way it should stay.

Spuds sign Friedel for a 2 year deal with a free transfer. Pretty good deal for you guys Flosi...he should be a solid keeper...much more reliable than Gomez.

Free transfers are always nice.... Gallas played well for us this year, for example.

Also, I whacked the year 2010-11 off of the title of this thread... I guess there's no real reason to start a new thread every year when there's only 10 or 12 of us that even post in here.

Edit: actually there's only 7 of us that have made more than 10 posts in this thread. :lol

Or the Glazer family need for money to service their debts :mad:

If anyone got sold without SAF's blessing I think he'd walk, so far the Glazers have kept their nose out of team affairs and that's the way it should stay.

WTF is a "SAF" :slap Call him Fergie for crying out loud :lecture

Also, I whacked the year 2010-11 off of the title of this thread... I guess there's no real reason to start a new thread every year when there's only 10 or 12 of us that even post in here.

Edit: actually there's only 7 of us that have made more than 10 posts in this thread. :lol

:hi5::hi5:

WTF is a "SAF" :slap Call him Fergie for crying out loud :lecture

OK, Fergie it is, anything for a quiet life :wink1:

So far the summer signings FERGIE is lining up appear to be,

Phil Jones from Blackburn
Ashley Young from Aston Villa
David de Gea from Athletico Madrid

It's a start.

EDIT
Sunderland have reportedly made an offer of £12 million for Brown, O'Shea & Gibson.....really hope this one goes through as the 2 defenders have had their time and Gibson is useless.

Last edited:

OK, Fergie it is, anything for a quiet life :wink1:

So far the summer signings FERGIE is lining up appear to be,

Phil Jones from Blackburn
Ashley Young from Aston Villa
David de Gea from Athletico Madrid

It's a start.

EDIT
Sunderland have reportedly made an offer of £12 million for Brown, O'Shea & Gibson.....really hope this one goes through as the 2 defenders have had their time and Gibson is useless.

Nice to not see the name Modric :yess:

Back