English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galatasaray sign Emmanuel Eboue from Arsenal on a four-year contract.

Gervinho receives three game ban for violent conduct.

Wenger needs to spend spend spend imo

Add Song to that list as well...he'll get a 3 match ban for stomping on Barton. :slap

Thought the sending off was harsh, thats even worse. Poor guys probably regretting coming over here now :monkey1.

And the thing that no one realizes about that play, was the the ball was still live. It was rolling away from Gervinho, about 5 yards away; he was picking himself up off the ground when psycho-boy grabs him by his jersey, throttles him and tries to throw him down again...all inside the penalty box during a live play. How that isn't a penalty I'll never know. The FA will protect their own though...barton is a good old boy while Gervinho is from a different country and has a darker skin tone.

Big, big win today, Eric.... That was the home leg, right?

Big win? I'll take 1-0 I guess with all the crap going on. Should have won 2 or 3 to nil. Yes..that was home leg...we go to lovely northern Italy next Wed....inbetween liverpool and united. :slap

This is clearly a rebuilding year and wegner needs to let fans know that. We are a team in dissaray, with no clear leader and so much drama it'd make a house frow switch her soaps to the Arsenal. :rotfl

With a goal in the 3rd minute I thought we'd be on cruise control...put some beers on ice...put a bottle of nice German Riesling in the fridge...and I drank most of it out of frustration! :yess::monkey4

Last edited:
It's definitely been a tough couple of weeks but at least you didn't lose to the barcodes and even though you outplayed Udinese today and only got a 1-0 result at least you didn't concede a goal.... Travel to Italy, score a goal and you're set.

Though it wouldn't be even remotely as cool as meeting in the CL there's a part of me that would like to see the Arse bumped from the CL so we could eventually play in the EL. That would be fantastic.... It would also cut down on the travel distance. :lol

Speaking of Europe sandwiches Spurs play the second leg v. Hearts between ManU (A) and ManC (H)... Of course, I'm not too concerned with the Europa League, either way.

Last edited:
It's definitely been a tough couple of weeks but at least you didn't lose to the barcodes and even though you outplayed Udinese today and only got a 1-0 result at least you didn't concede a goal.... Travel to Italy, score a goal and you're set.

Though it wouldn't be even remotely as cool as meeting in the CL there's a part of me that would like to see the Arse bumped from the CL so we could eventually play in the EL. That would be fantastic.... It would also cut down on the travel distance. :lol

Speaking of Europe sandwiches Spurs play the second leg v. Hearts between ManU (A) and ManC (H)... Of course, I'm not too concerned with the Europa League, either way.

Still some money in the EL...that's about it though. :rotfl

Still some money in the EL...that's about it though. :rotfl

I think it just cripples teams that are "on the bubble", as we are... We can put out a starting 11 that can compete with anyone, but adding a slew of extra games all for a competition that's second fiddle to the CL only weakens our side through fatigue and injury over the long haul. Fewer games means we're all the more committed to the league itself.

Put it this way, in my opinion I'd be willing to get pumped from the EL, Carling Cup and FA Cup early if it meant we'd finish top 4.

...figured I'd update my Avi and Sig. :D

I think it just cripples teams that are "on the bubble", as we are... We can put out a starting 11 that can compete with anyone, but adding a slew of extra games all for a competition that's second fiddle to the CL only weakens our side through fatigue and injury over the long haul. Fewer games means we're all the more committed to the league itself.

Put it this way, in my opinion I'd be willing to get pumped from the EL, Carling Cup and FA Cup early if it meant we'd finish top 4.

...figured I'd update my Avi and Sig. :D

But the EL gives a chance for new players to make their mark..it's well worth participating in. I'm sure there are 15 or so teams in the PL who would welcome the cash and playing time.

Saw your new sig but I was too busy puking in the toilet to make a post about it. :rotfl

I thought you'd enjoy it. :D

Yes, if we use the EL to give playing time to our fringe players then I'm fine with it.... Our younger players could use the PT, that's for sure.

Thats the point of the EL...certainly not to brag about the trophy. Plus all the extra cash. :yess:

Well, hopefully we get drawn into a tie with a bigger club for the sake of ticket sales... maybe one of the CL drop outs?? Apparently we're the 3rd highest seeded team based on coefficient rating, so any sexy match ups would come months down the line... And who knows how much emphasis will be put on staying in the competition by the club. We may not even get that far.

i think you'll beat hearts easy at WHL but while tynecastle holds only 18,000 it's a tight stadium, fans right on the pitch and creates an atmosphere, i think they give ya a good game there

Arry has said he will play the youngsters in europe. Only one fit central midfielder in livermore tomorrow. Modric ruled out with "injury"
If Modric were to play, he wouldnt be able to play for the chavs in the group stages.....
I smell a rat

This is going to be a typical start to the campaign for Spurs... Injuries accross the board, no moves on the transfer front till the window is set to close, so we'll be integrating new talent at the last moment and God knows who we'll sell or loan out.

Recording it and will have to wait till I get home. I'm a little surprise that we're functioning so well so quickly, esp with the makeshift midfield.

Have I mentioned that I love Younes Kaboul? No? Well then, I love Younes Kaboul.

I really hope Niko doesn't go to sunderland :(
I really do feel he could slot into our midfield if modric does go.
Looked pretty good tonight, plenty of pace and more speed on the flank with Walker playing right back. Kaboul played well and should play alot more this season. Not sure why big Brad was on the bench with Benny Hill in goal :dunno

Back