English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i should have quoted weakest instead of the worst lol

;)

another manager who rapidly gaining in my eyes is the atletico madrid manager,diego simeone, after seeing bilbao rape united in the europa league last season i never thought they would in turn get raped by another spanish team , lol
A. Madrid rape chelsea too in the super cup, would love to see managers like biesla and simeone win something big too like the spanish league for a change instead of the usual madrid and barcas

Funny thing is Atletico and Bilbao are miles away from Real & Barca yet they would destroy most EPL teams.

To be honest if Man Utd & Chelsea faced either of them teams again in the Champions League I'm pretty confident both Utd & Chelsea would come out on top. EPL teams are half assed when it comes to tournaments other than the Prem & Champions League. Other than Barca & Real, none of the Spanish teams haven't come close to winning the Champions League.

To be honest if Man Utd & Chelsea faced either of them teams again in the Champions League I'm pretty confident both Utd & Chelsea would come out on top. EPL teams are half assed when it comes to tournaments other than the Prem & Champions League. Other than Barca & Real, none of the Spanish teams haven't come close to winning the Champions League.

united were pretty much decimated by a team call Basel too, the thing is these small clubs do well in tournament than a stretched out league not because of their managers but because they simply dont have the depth to do it over 50 game a season,
thats why the clubs with most spending power and team depth do well in the league and clubs like Bilbao or A madrid suffer while they do well in Cups
United was able to challenge for the title last season simply because of their depth,spurs have good depth too and players but as usual Harry screwed it.

Last edited:
I just wouldn't look to into it. Last time A.Madrid were in the Champs Lge they went straight out of the group stages but went on to win the UEFA Cup. I just think cups like that mean a lot lot more to teams who know they cant compete to win the 2 biggest prizes. Were the Europa cup etc to the big teams of Europe mean very little to them. I know Man U lost Basle but them things happen time to time but you know who's got the best teams. Just look at the Champions league finals of the past 5 or 6 years & the EPL teams & Barca have pretty much dominated it

Following on from the exploits of Owen Hargreaves & Michael Owen it looks like United have another permanent resident on the treatment table,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2200211/Phil-Jones-weeks.html?ITO=1490

With Smalling being no better and Ferdinand liable to break down at any given moment this means that Carrick may get more games at centre back even though he's already proved to be more useless there than in midfield.

This season ain't gonna be a pretty one.

Well it's good news to finally hear some justice for the victims & family's of the Hillsborough disaster. It's sickening how the Police covered up all there mistakes & blamed the Liverpool supporters who were not to blame at all. Hopefully the ones in charge of the cover ups will now be named & shamed. Hearing some of the stories from that day on TalkSport were heartbreaking.

Justice! They should be torn from the comfortable lifestyles and thrown into prison.

Yeah exactly that's why I said some Justice. Hopefully this is just the start. The ones responsible need to be dragged through the courts & thrown in prison till there final days.
Hearing the stories were loved ones were identifing the bodies & then being dragged away being told there bodies now belong to the police is disgusting.
There is a document saying over 40 people could of been saved if treated but they didn't even bother trying & just left them.

Hearing the stories were loved ones were identifing the bodies & then being dragged away being told there bodies now belong to the police is disgusting.
There is a document saying over 40 people could of been saved if treated but they didn't even bother trying & just left them.

Disgusting.:mad:

Manchester United with a great win over Wigan today scoring 4 goals.
Paul Scholes scored on his 700th appearance for United along with Nick Powell on is debut for the club as well.
Hernandez and Buttner round off the scoring!

Nice seeing Arsenal put 6 past Southampton yesterday. Poldulski's free kick being the highlight of the goals.
Shame Man U won, I was hoping Wigan were going to hold them to a nil-nil but once they got that 1st goal it was game over.
Spurs Reading today, even though I support Arsenal I love watching Spurs play, very rarely they have a boring game.

Yeah cmon the Gunners, yes shame Wigan fell apart at Utd, but Man Utd have only had one hard game this season Everton away and they lost :yess: Next week should be interesting going to Anfield, Still the biggest game in English football imo.

Nice seeing Arsenal put 6 past Southampton yesterday. Poldulski's free kick being the highlight of the goals.
Shame Man U won, I was hoping Wigan were going to hold them to a nil-nil but once they got that 1st goal it was game over.
Spurs Reading today, even though I support Arsenal I love watching Spurs play, very rarely they have a boring game.

Hate to say it bit Arsenal look pretty good so far. Yea my team today, 6 pointer :s
Really need to win today even at this stage.

united squad depth is second to none, but lets see if that will help them in the cups, for the league squad depth is very important

united squad depth is second to none, but lets see if that will help them in the cups, for the league squad depth is very important

Having a big squad is fine if you have plenty of world class players, but United don't.

They got their ass kicked by Everton, struggled to beat Fulham & Southampton and relied on Scholes to get them going against Wigan.

Galatasaray and Liverpool must be rubbing their hands together.

Alan Hansen once said that nothing could be won with kids, he was proved wrong.

I'm saying nothing will be won with a defence that's made up of has beens, nobodies and the permanently injured, a midfield that relies far too much on players over the age of 35 and the likes of Welbeck in attack.

I hope I'm wrong.

Having a big squad is fine if you have plenty of world class players, but United don't.

They got their ass kicked by Everton, struggled to beat Fulham & Southampton and relied on Scholes to get them going against Wigan.

Galatasaray and Liverpool must be rubbing their hands together.

Alan Hansen once said that nothing could be won with kids, he was proved wrong.

I'm saying nothing will be won with a defence that's made up of has beens, nobodies and the permanently injured, a midfield that relies far too much on players over the age of 35 and the likes of Welbeck in attack.

I hope I'm wrong.

maybe not world class, but remember last season , they have enough to stay in the race,and i agree with the scholes and giggs part, these 2 are still carying the club to a certain extent, they have been ireplaceble so far

maybe not world class, but remember last season , they have enough to stay in the race,and i agree with the scholes and giggs part, these 2 are still carying the club to a certain extent, they have been ireplaceble so far

That was last year, those players have got a year older and the opposition has become more aware of how easy it is to stop United.

No matter what the diehard "in Fergie we trust" crowd think it's blatantly obvious to anyone else that the midfield and defence are a shadow of what they once were and next to nothing has been done to improve things.

Given the amount of injuries they keep getting in the same positions I'd also question the clubs training methods and possibly the medical staff as well.

Back