English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was last year, those players have got a year older and the opposition has become more aware of how easy it is to stop United.

No matter what the diehard "in Fergie we trust" crowd think it's blatantly obvious to anyone else that the midfield and defence are a shadow of what they once were and next to nothing has been done to improve things.

Given the amount of injuries they keep getting in the same positions I'd also question the clubs training methods and possibly the medical staff as well.

I dont think its easy or any easier for opposing teams to stop United. They are the best at playing to the whistle and not accepting defeat.
You add Van Persie to the squad which will add alot of goals.
I agree they are a world class midfielder and central defender short but they will be right up there again.
The problem is City are getting very much like United and always look like they will score late on which is why im tipping them.

Good win for Spurs today but another late goal :(
Still, can hopefully build on this and beat Qpr next Sunday!

COYS

That was last year, those players have got a year older and the opposition has become more aware of how easy it is to stop United.

No matter what the diehard "in Fergie we trust" crowd think it's blatantly obvious to anyone else that the midfield and defence are a shadow of what they once were and next to nothing has been done to improve things.

Given the amount of injuries they keep getting in the same positions I'd also question the clubs training methods and possibly the medical staff as well.

yes they cant afford to retire scholes and giggs yet, but they do have a team with loads of epl experience and they do turn up when it matters, remeber they lost the league on 93rd minute of the last game of the season, their depth will carry them in the league because right now, only chelsea, man city , spurs have a big enough experienced squad, moreover u can see teams like city , Chelsea too dropping points against the mid table teams, so even if united drop points against the mid table teams its going to be a close race

Champions League is starting... So far my La Liga fixtures have been satisfactory with Barca top of the table with a 100% win record. Big matches of Juve & Chelsea, and City and Madrid coming up... I think Chelsea and Madrid will win... any predictions?

Champions League is starting... So far my La Liga fixtures have been satisfactory with Barca top of the table with a 100% win record. Big matches of Juve & Chelsea, and City and Madrid coming up... I think Chelsea and Madrid will win... any predictions?

Madrid, City is an interesting one. Madrids league form is poor but they played really well against Barca in the Super Cup so I wouldn't write them off. Apparently Madrids sole target is the Champions League according to Spanish journalists, which is dangerous because you can be the best team through out the whole tournament (Barca) & then get knocked by one mistake. I'm torn between Barca & Bayern on whose going to win it. Barca seem to win it every other year so maybe it'll be there's again.

Madrid, City a draw & a tight home win for Chelsea

I dont think Madrid's sole target it is the Champions league... the winning the CL and surrendering the La Liga to Barca all over will be nothing more than back to the drawing board for Jose. yes he seems to be winning every trophy one season after the other... but always in turns... first season he won the Spanish Cup, lost everything else to Barca... next season he won the Spanish league and lost the rest to Barca... this season only CL?

Dont think so, he was brought to make Real the Dominant all winning team which Barca had become in the last 3/4 years with Pep at the helm... Jose says a lot of crap to fuddle others and sent the press on speculation, just to divert the attention of everyone on tangents, typical mind games.

something is definitly going at Real madrid, specially with the Ronaldo issue, players dont look happy and appear disjointed on the field, seems ronaldo is asking for a bigger contract and also looked pissed at the fifa awards

something is definitly going at Real madrid, specially with the Ronaldo issue, players dont look happy and appear disjointed on the field, seems ronaldo is asking for a bigger contract and also looked pissed at the fifa awards
It has been confirmed that he wants higher wages and a longer contract now... plus he feels that the club didnt back him at the Euro/UEFA awards enough and backed Cassillas moreso...

It has been confirmed that he wants higher wages and a longer contract now... plus he feels that the club didnt back him at the Euro/UEFA awards enough and backed Cassillas moreso...

well Casillas had the spanish league and european trophy

He has a 1 in 1 ratio. Give him the contract unless you can find someone to replace him.

Great match between Real & City tonight.

Ronaldo is an arrogant prat, but it was great to see him stick it to City :lol

United have Galatasaray tonight which on past history should be intresting to say the least.

I think they should win but with this squad nothing is certain any more.

He has a 1 in 1 ratio. Give him the contract unless you can find someone to replace him.
But his incredible wage demand and that too over a SIX YEAR EXTENSION! With a release clause off the record books... means they potentially will have to pay him the highest possible wages, over his existing high wages... for six more years. Hes 27/28 now... in 6 yeats it will be 33/34... and with the release clause, I doubt any club will have the financial strength to buy him. Plus Real have high wage players like Alonso, Ramos, Benzema, Higuain, Di Maria, and now Modric now already... the wages he wants is geometrically higher than them...

a daunting task, even for a financially rich club like Madrid...

And Barca did a replay of Real Madrid. Almost like giving candy to a baby, then snatching it back. won 3-2 when they were losing 2-1 at home to Spartak Moscow. If both Spanish Clubs play after getting a wake up call in the second half... I dont think they'll be that lucky against oppositions with better defences like Juventus. Im pipping the Old Lady to lift the trophy this time...

United limped to a 1-0 win over Galatasaray after a rare goal from Carrick and 2 great saves from De Gea near the end.

Nani is a useless twat.

I expect Liverpool to beat them 2-0 at the weekend.

I agree about Nani, he's been very inconsistent. Playing horrible crosses, trying to be like Ronaldo even though he's too shy do even do one stepover and the penatly! I wasn't to impressed with Kagawa and RVP. If United keep playing like the game with Galastasaray I don't think they will get to even third place let alone first.

I disagree with thecorsair, Liverpool will be looking for their first win and won't be to friendly to United, but as a United fan and Liverpool hater I think the final score with be 3-2 United lead or 1-1 draw.

I don't want to see Carrick or Fletcher on again, I never feel United are safe when they are on.

RVP
KAGAWA
YOUNG VALENCIA
SCHOLES
BUTTNER FERDINAND VIDIC RAFAEL
DE GEA

Carrick scored last night so for once he escapes getting slated by me :lol

I think Kagawa will be a big asset in the long term. He's still feeling his way at the moment but he looks very dangerous in and around the box and his general awareness looks to be something approaching the same level as Scholes.

RVP is fine when given the right service, but he didn't get it last night.

Aside from a United win the one thing I hope about Sunday's game is that Suarez & Evra are left out because one of them will inevitably try and milk the feud for their team's benefit.

In light of recent revelations emotions will be running higher than usual so the last thing that is needed is an unsavory incident on the pitch which could incite the fans into resorting to the sort of chants that does neither side any credit.

I don't agree with some of Fergie's decisions at the moment but he was dead right in calling for an end to the nastier element of the rivalry with Liverpool, there's no excuse for it whatsoever.

But his incredible wage demand and that too over a SIX YEAR EXTENSION! With a release clause off the record books... means they potentially will have to pay him the highest possible wages, over his existing high wages... for six more years. Hes 27/28 now... in 6 yeats it will be 33/34... and with the release clause, I doubt any club will have the financial strength to buy him. Plus Real have high wage players like Alonso, Ramos, Benzema, Higuain, Di Maria, and now Modric now already... the wages he wants is geometrically higher than them...

I thought it was a boyhood dream of his to play for Real Madrid or something to that effect. Why is he demanding more money, as if their wages weren't already ridiculously high enough.

It's not about the money he said, if he wanted money he would have gone to City or PSG by now.

It's not about the money he said, if he wanted money he would have gone to City or PSG by now.
Not really, he cant. His buy out clause is way too much for even them to fulfill at the moment... plus Real wont let him out as he has quite some time left on his contract and is pretty important for them.

There has been great divisiveness in the dressing room with the Portuguese/brazilians in one side and the Spanish on another side. Ramos was a casualty of that on the bench on the day of the match. And we all saw Iker Casillas not celebrating Ronaldos goal. While the rest of the stadium and fans jumped like crazy, Casillas stood there stone faced, hands to his hips like nothing happened.

Del Bosque already said that the Spanish National side is being fractured by Jose's policy of Real vs Barca. Xavi is Casillas' best friend too has talked about these problems. You will see David Silva got a standing ovation from the Madrid crowd for his Spain International duty as he came off substituted in the match

Spanish politics and dressing room division have a lot to do with whats happening...

Back