English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a liverpool fan and the taunting at end of yesterdays match seems to be instigated by liverpool fans, there are a bunch of morons everywhere,

the funny part is the players like suso, sterling, shelvwy were all bought when rafa was here, and the core starting line up is still his team
i still wish he was here , he was taking us in the right direction until that one bad year, sacking him did no good to us, as we have just spend another 100millions on hiring mamangers wasteful players and the sacking managers again
Brendon rodgers is just picking up bits and pieces from Rafas set uo , one thing for sure, BR isnt afraid of losing

by a minority of United fans but it has to be said that there's an element of truth in the "never your fault" part.

Your fans have never engaged in football hooliganism of any kind and never got English clubs banned from Europe several years before Hillsborough....honest!

The fact that you're trying to excuse what happened today but bringing the words Hillsborough into the conversation is appauling.

Fans chanting murders on a day like today. Show's their class. Pretty ****ing disgusting.

It'd be one thing if it was one or two stupid idiots chanting, but it sounds like the entire away section of at least 3000 were chanting. Just goes to show what quality human beings they are.

:lecture

the funny part is the players like suso, sterling, shelvwy were all bought when rafa was here, and the core starting line up is still his team
i still wish he was here , he was taking us in the right direction until that one bad year, sacking him did no good to us, as we have just spend another 100millions on hiring mamangers wasteful players and the sacking managers again
Brendon rodgers is just picking up bits and pieces from Rafas set uo , one thing for sure, BR isnt afraid of losing
You need to have more faith man... I remember being one of those who had no faith when I heard Guardiola would be the new coach. I mean Id seen him as a player... good one like a proto Xavi/Busquets but he was a greenhorn in coaching.

Then he lost his first two league matches, lost a home CL qualification tie (yes we had to play playoffs to try qualify for the CL that season) and I was also one of the many who screamed for his head and look what happened...

He won every trophy that could be won. becoming the first manager ever to win a sextuple

So have faith... If Rodgers stays and is allowed time L'pool will become a League contender and a serious one in the next couple of seasons

The fact that you're trying to excuse what happened today but bringing the words Hillsborough into the conversation is appauling.

:lecture

I'm not excusing anything, I'm just pointing out that on OTHER OCCASIONS in the past Liverpool fans have hardly been the shining lights of football fandom that you all try to portray yourself as.

I genuinely feel for the relatives of the 96 and hope they get whatever justice they can....they deserve some kind of closure.

But they've retained some dignity throughout, it's a shame that other Liverpool fans don't have the brains to behave in the same way.

axecutioner18,
Barcelona are clearly good enough that they don't need to cheat which makes it so disappointing when they do it.

It's become such a part of the culture within the game and it shows nobody in a positive light.

Last edited:
You need to have more faith man... I remember being one of those who had no faith when I heard Guardiola would be the new coach. I mean Id seen him as a player... good one like a proto Xavi/Busquets but he was a greenhorn in coaching.

Then he lost his first two league matches, lost a home CL qualification tie (yes we had to play playoffs to try qualify for the CL that season) and I was also one of the many who screamed for his head and look what happened...

He won every trophy that could be won. becoming the first manager ever to win a sextuple

So have faith... If Rodgers stays and is allowed time L'pool will become a League contender and a serious one in the next couple of seasons

its not about Faith , its about how much damage has been done in last 2 years by sacking rafa and appointing Roy and kenny, Had we persisted with Rafa, we would have been back on track.rafas tactics and playing style might appear negative to a lot, but truth is sets up to play with what he has in the most effective way, firing him has set us back by at least 5 years,the present youth set up owes a lot to Rafa who revamped a lot of things in his final year but was not allowed to continue his project,I dont know why he was given a free hand in revamping the entire youth, scouting and medical set up in his final year and then promplty sacked, the management clearly lacking some brains there, the scouting system he placed brought in the likes of sterling, suso and shelvey, Kelly, flanagan, wisdon and few more bright talents,

its not about Faith , its about how much damage has been done in last 2 years by sacking rafa and appointing Roy and kenny, Had we persisted with Rafa, we would have been back on track.rafas tactics and playing style might appear negative to a lot, but truth is sets up to play with what he has in the most effective way, firing him has set us back by at least 5 years,the present youth set up owes a lot to Rafa who revamped a lot of things in his final year but was not allowed to continue his project,I dont know why he was given a free hand in revamping the entire youth, scouting and medical set up in his final year and then promplty sacked, the management clearly lacking some brains there, the scouting system he placed brought in the likes of sterling, suso and shelvey, Kelly, flanagan, wisdon and few more bright talents,

Id be questioning Camolli's role in all this. To spend 70 odd million on downing, henderson and Carroll is mind blowing to say the least.
Also Gerrard weather it be injury or age, he is not the same driving force he once was.
Reina is also a worry in goal and really looks low on confidence.
Still, they have had a very tough opening few games with a new manager, new style so it will take time.
I just hope Rogers is given some as he is a talented coach.

The number of crocks on United's books show no sign of being reduced as Vidic is now out for another couple of months.

With Ferdinand always liable to break down that leaves Evra, Rafael, Evans & Buttner.

Something clearly has to be looked at in terms of replacements, training methods and the quality of the medical staff because the number of injuries to defenders can't all be down to bad luck.

United will survive, like we've always done.

Will Keane and Scott Wooton looked OK against Newcastle in the week so maybe they'll get some more chances given the current defensive situation as Ferdinand is bound to break down with injury again.

Alex Buttner also had another decent game and I think he will be a great replacement for Evra.

The best United news to come out of the past week is that Nani is alleged to have punched another player in the locker room following a bad tackle during training.

Fergie won't stand for that type of BS and this should hopefully be the final straw....Nani has never delivered on his early potential and I doubt many United fans will miss him.

Dempsey! Glad to see the Spurs beat Man U.

Had a feeling he might score today :)
Rode our luck second half but hung on. Dembele first half was awesome.
Scholes yet again bossed the second half. What a great player.

We have had some shocking decisions against United in the past so was nice to get the rub of the green away today.

COYS!!!

Back