English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
United paid the price for yet another pathetic first half display.

But bonehead Ferguson will still stick with Ferdinand, Carrick etc etc until the team drop out of the top 5.

United paid the price for yet another pathetic first half display.

But bonehead Ferguson will still stick with Ferdinand, Carrick etc etc until the team drop out of the top 5.

I understand why United fans would be pissed off but c'mon; atleast you guys will be fighting for the tilte and will deffo be in the top 3 come the end of the season.

I understand why United fans would be pissed off but c'mon; atleast you guys will be fighting for the tilte and will deffo be in the top 3 come the end of the season.

Exactly! they have terrible injuries too right now.
Scary to think they will be without scholes one day. They will be top 2 end of the season.

Liverpool did well today. Havnt seen it yet but saw the cup game mid week, the kids played really well.

They've already lost twice in the league after just 6 games to teams that they usually beat and struggled to get wins against Southampton and Fulham who're even further down the pecking order.

So Chelsea, City and Arsenal should destroy them home & away.

My prediction of a finish of 5th or 6th doesn't seem so unrealistic at this point unless Fergie actually buys some decent players in January, but he barely ever signs any decent players any more or if he does they're in the wrong position.

RVP was a colossal waste of money when you look at how badly new midfielders and defenders are needed.

If it means cashing in on Rooney whilst he still has some market value as well as moving on the likes of Nani, Ferdinand and Carrick to raise transfer cash then so be it.

The rot set in a few years ago and is now threatening to overwhelm the team and the manager appears to be doing nothing about it aside from banking on Scholes to keep going into his 40's.

EDIT
Fergie is complaining about not enough time being added on at the end,
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19774393

Including the time added on United had about 40 minutes to get an equaliser but didn't manage it....all credit to Spurs for hanging on instead of crumbling.

But Fergie can't ever take a loss with any dignity and he has to try and deflect attention from the fact his team are being carried by a 37 year old.

Nobody can deny his overall record as manager but it's getting to the point where he's becoming as much of an embarassment to the club as many of the players and I think he should go now before his legacy gets tarnished any further.

Last edited:
I know this is the EPL thread, but being the minority La Liga follower, I had a near heart attack followed by euphoria in last nights Barca's comeback away at Sevilla!!

Fabregas is finally looking like he's fitting in :yess: fantastic couple of plays and two really great finishes that too the more difficult one from his weaker foot... and David Villa is always class wether he plays 90mins or 10mins...

They've already lost twice in the league after just 6 games to teams that they usually beat and struggled to get wins against Southampton and Fulham who're even further down the pecking order.

So Chelsea, City and Arsenal should destroy them home & away.

My prediction of a finish of 5th or 6th doesn't seem so unrealistic at this point unless Fergie actually buys some decent players in January, but he barely ever signs any decent players any more or if he does they're in the wrong position.

RVP was a colossal waste of money when you look at how badly new midfielders and defenders are needed.

If it means cashing in on Rooney whilst he still has some market value as well as moving on the likes of Nani, Ferdinand and Carrick to raise transfer cash then so be it.

The rot set in a few years ago and is now threatening to overwhelm the team and the manager appears to be doing nothing about it aside from banking on Scholes to keep going into his 40's.

EDIT
Fergie is complaining about not enough time being added on at the end,
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19774393

Including the time added on United had about 40 minutes to get an equaliser but didn't manage it....all credit to Spurs for hanging on instead of crumbling.

But Fergie can't ever take a loss with any dignity and he has to try and deflect attention from the fact his team are being carried by a 37 year old.

Nobody can deny his overall record as manager but it's getting to the point where he's becoming as much of an embarassment to the club as many of the players and I think he should go now before his legacy gets tarnished any further.

I have to admit, the way he went on about added time was very strange and actually embarrassing. There were no real stoppages second half and I actually thought 4 mins was generous but to moan they didn't get more, just made a fool of himself.

I have to admit, the way he went on about added time was very strange and actually embarrassing. There were no real stoppages second half and I actually thought 4 mins was generous but to moan they didn't get more, just made a fool of himself.

It's not the first time he's done it in recent years either.

I think the CL final defeats to Barcelona were the biggest indication that he's losing it.

Had the first one happened when he was at the peak of his powers I would have put money on him rebuilding properly and beating them in the second one.

Instead they got made to look stupid again and to this day he persists with most of the same players.....they can't beat Everton or Spurs so what chance have they got of catching Barcelona?

Zero.

They've gone from CL winners to also rans in 4 years, which is great news for the ABU's but as a United fan it's sad to see the team fall apart in the way it seems to be doing.

Had a feeling he might score today :)
Rode our luck second half but hung on. Dembele first half was awesome.
Scholes yet again bossed the second half. What a great player.

We have had some shocking decisions against United in the past so was nice to get the rub of the green away today.

COYS!!!

For sure! I was dancing in my living room when the final whistle blew. COYS!!!!!

For sure! I was dancing in my living room when the final whistle blew. COYS!!!!!

Great result and im pleased for AVB. I hope now the plastic Spurs fans stop booing and get behind the manager and the players.
We can have a good season with full backing!

Great result and im pleased for AVB. I hope now the plastic Spurs fans stop booing and get behind the manager and the players.
We can have a good season with full backing!

Some fans were calling for AVB’s head after the first month. No thought is put into the work needed to implement a new system and integrate new players.

Some fans were calling for AVB’s head after the first month. No thought is put into the work needed to implement a new system and integrate new players.

Exactly, said all along this season may not be how we want it to go due to a new manager, system and we have lost several key players. However hats off to AVB, the staff and players for adapting quickly, a poor start to the season has suddenly turned around and we look to be back on track to having a good season.

Plus we are playing stronger teams in the cups and treating them with respect, I'd love for us to win a trophy this season and for AVB to just carry on humiliating the media.

El Classico OVER!

What a game! Messi and Ronaldo showing why the talk about the best player in the world has been hovering only around them... I was very worried actually because Puyol and Pique's absence was a HUGE blow..

the makeshift defence of Adriano and Javier Mascherano was hilarious IMO and I dont know whom to credit, Real's woeful waste of chances or luck but Adriano was so out of position most of the time, I expected actually Real's full strength squad to do a lot more damage.

But Messi always came up with the goods, on a night when Xavi and Iniesta and the usual suspects Pedro, Fabregas didnt shine as much, plus being marked by Pepe, Ramos and Khedira and co the moment he touched the ball, Messi took whatever came his way like the first poached effort... and the free kick was fabulous.

Messi has been criticised in the past as not being a good free kick taker, thats 2 out of the last 2 games vs Iker Cassilas from a distance of more than 30 yards.

messi2.gif

United put in their best performance of the season in beating Newcastle 3-0.

Rooney looks very comfortable in the Paul Scholes role so he should stay there as RVP and Hernandez can get the goals and Cleverley seems to be improving as well.

The jury is still out on the following though,

De Gea = Great at shot stopping but poor on crosses.

Kagawa = Too early to call him a flop but he's not looking great.

Welbeck = Emile Heskey 2.0.

Valencia = Takes far too long to get crosses in by which time the opposing defense has usually got things covered. Has the technical ability but no footballing brain.

Somehow they're in 2nd spot in the league but further improvement is required if they're going to have a chance of beating Chelsea, City or Arsenal.

Is there a thread for the World cup qualifiers? Ireland were hilarious tonight. Beaten 1-6 at home against Germany. Predictably continuing our Euro Finals form. Trapatoni may still be there for another game or two but surely that'll be it.

Messi continues his form with Argentina too! :yess: Although Im a Brazil fan I cannot help but be excited to see this guy, I never saw Maradona play, but my dad saw the match with me and said, that messi carried the match singlehandedly like the way Maradona used to carry Argentina in his time...
and I wont argue with him...

The free kick goal under the wall's legs ala Rivaldo and Ronaldo was the icing of the match!

b3kl5l

also this thread should be the official Football Thread... only EPL is just too much of a limitation as CL matches and so much more is liable to be discussed!

some leading football clubs are lining up to sign felix,... felix ,who ?? i hear u say... lol

Ronaldo free kicks and Messi free kicks are different. Messi curves the ball like Beckham and lots more players can do that but Ronaldo's knuckleball is much more effective when done correctly and plus its much harder.

Ronaldo free kicks and Messi free kicks are different. Messi curves the ball like Beckham and lots more players can do that but Ronaldo's knuckleball is much more effective when done correctly and plus its much harder.
So a different freekick technique (different/difficult) means it should be lauded more? Naah.. Freekick is all about effectiveness.

Roberto Carlos used to take Freekicks from his outstep, an even harder technique, and his conversion rate wasnt that great. but when he did score the goals were phenomenal and remembered by all.

However Rivaldo was the player who used to take most of the free kicks as he was more effective.

Ronaldo's technique is different, I wont say difficult, being able to curl the ball may be the most common technique but not everyone gets good at it. Messi's free kick is less like Beckham and more like Pirlo's whose style is very classical like his predecessor in dead ball Totti.

and Messi generates a hell of a lot more curve these days and and equally good amount if dip... almost a lot like Deco.

:exactly: If Ronaldo found it easier to bend it around the wall he would do that.
Something completely different now but being an Arsenal fan it's great to see Jack back for Arsenal finally. I just hope he can stay fit. There's been some good games today. Spurs, Chelsea one of them. If Arsenal win I'll be looking forward to Match Of The Day tonight :)

:exactly: If Ronaldo found it easier to bend it around the wall he would do that.
Something completely different now but being an Arsenal fan it's great to see Jack back for Arsenal finally. I just hope he can stay fit. There's been some good games today. Spurs, Chelsea one of them. If Arsenal win I'll be looking forward to Match Of The Day tonight :)

I was very worried when I saw Bale and dembele out but fair play to the lads, they did well.

Hate to say it but chelsea look really good and if they get Falcao in Jan, they might go all the way!

Back