English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's no embarrassment to be behind Everton, there having a great season. There team with an excellent manager who's bought very wisely.
Juventus were desperate to get Suarez, you don't get much bigger than them but I agree he's not up there with Messi & Ronaldo. No ones up there with Messi IMO but I would definitely put RVP up there with Ronaldo. If he didn't have so many injured seasons in the past he would definitely been spoken of in the same brackets as them & may be not spend so long at a team who don't anything & yeah I support Arseanal.

What I mean is that a lot of Liverpool fans usually deride Everton as being the second best team in the city but the roles are presently reversed.....much like United & City were last season.

David Moyes has done an incredible job with such limited resources and I think it's why he's a more likely candidate to replace Fergie than any of the higher profile names linked with the job.

I don't mind Arsenal....Wenger deserves more trophies than he's had in recent years and his teams usually play nice football.

He shares Fergie's ability to make utterly preposterous statements at times but he also speaks a lot of sense.

The one speaks the most sense these days is Gary Neville.. BEST Football analyst in YEARS! He makes the most insightful observations which really show his experiences as a player...

The one speaks the most sense these days is Gary Neville.. BEST Football analyst in YEARS! He makes the most insightful observations which really show his experiences as a player...

I tell you what id have to agree with you there. He actually does know what he is talking about. I hated him when he played but I really respected him as he breathed his club. Never staggered out of night clubs, never was on the wrong pages in the News of the world and watched his side with the fans from behind the goal.
Pity other players didnt follow.

wouldnt bet on it, suares is our most important player this season and last season too, Gerrard has been in and out of the team due to niggling injuries. and Suares is the top scorer as well, even though finishing isnt exactly his forte, he is more of a creator and scorer of difficult goals rather than a predator in the box

Suares is way to inconsistent and often makes the wrong decisions!
Having said that, at the moment he is in a rich vain of form and can do things most other strikers in the prem cant.
For me. Liverpool have really suffered since Gerrard has been injured but more importantly, does not go box to box and single handily dragging his team to victory.
Even tho he sits more, he is still world class and an 8 or more out of 10 a week player.
Thats why id still say his your best.

United will prob walk the ;eague this season with their depth, Injuries suspension and fatigue does not seem to be affecting them, Cup games though could be a different matter

I was actually tipping City to win as United had champions league football which at this stage of the season can be real tough.
I say had, I dont see them getting past Real which once they go out, should secure the title just playing week in week out. Add RVP to the equation.... still think it will be close tho

He has been a revelation....obviously he's going to have a bit of a bias towards his old club but compared to the Liverpool Supporters Club at the BBC he's been very fair towards other teams.

My favorite moment so far from his time on Sky was when he was covering a United game and had Darren Fletcher sat one side and Jamie Redknapp on the other.

Whenever Redknapp started rambling on with his usual inane cliches you could see the United pair boring holes in the side of his head as if they were saying "Who the hell are you to be talking about our team?" and the contempt in Neville's voice whenever he responded to a point Redknapp made was barely disguised :rotfl

I also like Roy Keane because of his unpredictability....he played for two managers that had similar temperaments and it inevitably had an effect on how he handles punditry as he's had ITV presenter Adrian Chiles squirming quite a few times.

He calls things as he sees it which may not always be right, but it's more entertaining than the pundits who sit there and reel off the same checklist of cliches every week.

United did their bit thanks to a great goal and assist from RVP who continues to carry the team.

Go Arsenal!

Liverpool didnt desrve to win or draw today, but as usual United get lucky with the second goal, it came off Vidic who was in offside position, little lucky decisions that ultimately will help united win the titel

Suarez shows again why he is the best player there is. :monkey1

:lol

Heskey v2.0 ( Welbeck ) somehow managed to get Man of the Match....I think Gary Neville must have felt sorry for him because he was fecking useless again.

Fergie keeps picking him ahead of the far superior Hernandez and his performances never justify it.

912D5D60-4DA1-49AC-8093-9DA3A361A001-123-0000013E3F3DF35A.jpg

Yeah i know, ive got no idea how he got man of the match. He lost possession a lot, missed great chances and had a poor preformance overall. Ive got no idea why fergie picks welbeck. And kagawa on the left wing? Really?

Yeah i know, ive got no idea how he got man of the match. He lost possession a lot, missed great chances and had a poor preformance overall. Ive got no idea why fergie picks welbeck. And kagawa on the left wing? Really?

Pretty much a standard performance from Danny boy.

There was a video popped up a while back showing a young Welbeck being given some coaching advice by Ruud van Nistelrooy....he clearly didn't listen when it came to finishing.

I think Kagawa is looking like another waste of money, he's way too lightweight.

After King Kenny's comical behavior during the Suarez saga, Brendan Rodgers is going all out to make himself look an even bigger prat,

He recently claimed his team could still finish 2nd and after losing to United for the second time he came out with this gem,

"We may be 24 points behind United in the table but our squad isn't that far behind in quality".

It's nice to see the famed Scouse wit hasn't deserted them :lol

Pep Guardiola joining Bayern for three years is a giveaway that he's waiting for Fergie to retire. Mourinho on the other hand is most likely going to Cuty in my opinion.

Pep Guardiola joining Bayern for three years is a giveaway that he's waiting for Fergie to retire. Mourinho on the other hand is most likely going to Cuty in my opinion.

It depends how much more United's debt gets reduced in that time as Pep will require some heavy backing from the Glazer family to shape the squad in the way he wants.

Darren Fletcher has had another setback,
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21069820

I hope he can get himself back to a point where he's able to play regularly again....for someone else.

Back