English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends how much more United's debt gets reduced in that time as Pep will require some heavy backing from the Glazer family to shape the squad in the way he wants.

Pep's heavy backing is one thing and not related to the transfer market... he will want a youth setup thats well oiled and youth players who are willing to be courageous enough to replace all the aging pros and more importantly put the team before themselves...

When he first was appointed coach of Barca I was shocked to be honest and then didnt have any faith. Then he packed off Ronaldinho, Deco and Zambrotta who were like some of the best players in their positions and gave the reason as - "they are great but they are not the future of the club plus their lifestyle is not fit for a disciplined pro"
Which I do agree incensed me a lot and when he lost or drew (cant remember) his first two games in charge I was already on the bandwagon cursing him and Laporta for appointing someone with no experience as the Barca coach... But since then... what he did was just unbelievable. He bought out the best from the youth team like Pedro, Busquets who are now regular starters and had the masterstroke of using Messi in the middle instead of the usual right wing... Plus he heavily favours youth seeing him debut guys like Montoya, Sergi Roberto, Tello, Deolofeu, Cuenca, Bartra, Thiago, and many more...

I realised one thing Guardiola doesnt care wether you are a club legend, or a big name or anyone... he will discard you for the sake of the dressing room no matter how good you are...

I am glad he went to Bayern because I always admired the German club for the way they always upheld themselves plus some of my favourite players like Stefan Effenberg, Mehmet Scholl and Oliver Kahn were part of the club (Also since I support Germany's national team in Europe) His Bayern move seems like a prototype for him to understand the EPL style as Bundesliga is quite close to the EPLs style of play. Plus 3 years should be time for SAF/Wenger to retire... I can see him really interested to take the United or Arsenal job.

Hope he can do great things with Munich the way he did with Barca...

Last edited:
Pep's heavy backing is one thing and not related to the transfer market... he will want a youth setup thats well oiled and youth players who are willing to be courageous enough to replace all the aging pros and more importantly put the team before themselves...

When he first was appointed coach of Barca I was shocked to be honest and then didnt have any faith. Then he packed off Ronaldinho, Deco and Zambrotta who were like some of the best players in their positions and gave the reason as - "they are great but they are not the future of the club plus their lifestyle is not fit for a disciplined pro"
Which I do agree incensed me a lot and when he lost or drew (cant remember) his first two games in charge I was already on the bandwagon cursing him and Laporta for appointing someone with no experience as the Barca coach... But since then... what he did was just unbelievable. He bought out the best from the youth team like Pedro, Busquets who are now regular starters and had the masterstroke of using Messi in the middle instead of the usual right wing... Plus he heavily favours youth seeing him debut guys like Montoya, Sergi Roberto, Tello, Deolofeu, Cuenca, Bartra, Thiago, and many more...

I realised one thing Guardiola doesnt care wether you are a club legend, or a big name or anyone... he will discard you for the sake of the dressing room no matter how good you are...

I am glad he went to Bayern because I always admired the German club for the way they always upheld themselves plus some of my favourite players like Stefan Effenberg, Mehmet Scholl and Oliver Kahn were part of the club (Also since I support Germany's national team in Europe) His Bayern move seems like a prototype for him to understand the EPL style as Bundesliga is quite close to the EPLs style of play. Plus 3 years should be time for SAF/Wenger to retire... I can see him really interested to take the United or Arsenal job.

Hope he can do great things with Munich the way he did with Barca...

So Pep is the kind of guy that would come in and have no issues with chopping the dead wood that Fergie only keeps around due to lack of transfer funds and because they've been loyal.

I like that possibility, and the youth policy certainly needs kicking into shape as it's not produced any quality since Scholes & co....a donkey like Welbeck would be nowhere near a Guardiola side.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pep at Bayern. The German league has been growing stronger. I'm sure he'll do well, I'd love to see him at Arseanal after.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pep at Bayern. The German league has been growing stronger. I'm sure he'll do well, I'd love to see him at Arseanal after.

We will be in league two by then!

Arsenal are f__king s__t!!!! Men against boys again!!!! Sick of it!!!!

It's depressing how how far Arsenal have fallen behind all the big teams. It wasn't long ago Arsenal were close to being the best in Europe but they stopped buying & have taken a step back each season.

It's depressing how how far Arsenal have fallen behind all the big teams. It wasn't long ago Arsenal were close to being the best in Europe but they stopped buying & have taken a step back each season.

We still buy...Park, Chamakh, squallaci. :slap

Just don't buy quality. :dunno

They better spend big in the next 11 days else we are f__ked! The total lack of ambition being shown at the club is a drain now!!!

I know. Every season AW says he's got money to spend. There always linked to big names & then nothing. Arsenal desperately need a proven striker, a holding midfielder & a strong centre back & that's just for starters but they won't buy anyone. No one with experience & class anyway

Spuds 1-1 Man Utd

2 points blown thanks to De Gea's hapless handling on crosses :slap

Kagawa is looking increasingly like a waste of money.... when a player is making less of a contribution than the likes of Carrick something is clearly very wrong.

Shrek was once devastating in full flight, he's now a lethargic lump who's passing is getting gradually worse.

RVP is class....but he can only do so much on his own, a strike partner who poses a similar threat is needed as nobody else looked like scoring for them today.

They have one in the present squad but Fergie's misguided loyalty to local boy Welbeck is keeping Hernandez out of the team.

Even if he has a quiet game Hernandez is always likely to score if given half a chance....Welbeck never looks like finding his team mates with consecutive passes let alone getting a shot on target.

Last edited:
Spuds 1-1 Man Utd

Kagawa is looking increasingly like a waste of money.... when a player is making less of a contribution than the likes of Carrick something is clearly very wrong.

Shrek was once devastating in full flight, he's now a lethargic lump who's passing is getting gradually worse.

RVP is class....but he can only do so much on his own, a strike partner who poses a similar threat is needed as nobody else looked like scoring for them today.

They have one in the present squad but Fergie's misguided loyalty to local boy Welbeck is keeping Hernandez out of the team.

Even if he has a quiet game Hernandez is always likely to score if given half a chance....Welbeck never looks like finding his team mates with consecutive passes let alone getting a shot on target.

Mancs didnt deserve all 3 today. We had more of the game and more chances!
De Gea the goat kept them in it.

I just hope Levy feels we have enough to carry on with the current squad. Need another option and it wasn't there on our bench.

Thats 4 points from the Mancs this season and still sitting 4th.
Lets keep it going. COYS

Mancs didnt deserve all 3 today. We had more of the game and more chances!
De Gea the goat kept them in it.

I just hope Levy feels we have enough to carry on with the current squad. Need another option and it wasn't there on our bench.

Thats 4 points from the Mancs this season and still sitting 4th.
Lets keep it going. COYS

I agree, when the equaliser went in it had been coming for about 20 minutes prior so it wasn't really a suprise but it looked like United were going to grind out the win even though they didn't deserve it....just goes to show that 1 goal against a decent team is rarely enough.

I reckon if Spurs could sign Hernandez or a poacher of similar ability they'd really be able to go to the next level.

A player like that is wasted on United's bench and deserves regular football.

Spuds 1-1 Man Utd

Dempsey!!!!!!! :yess: he's been money for the spurs this season!

I agree, when the equaliser went in it had been coming for about 20 minutes prior so it wasn't really a suprise but it looked like United were going to grind out the win even though they didn't deserve it....just goes to show that 1 goal against a decent team is rarely enough.

I reckon if Spurs could sign Hernandez or a poacher of similar ability they'd really be able to go to the next level.

A player like that is wasted on United's bench and deserves regular football.

Yep was nearly a great away win but we kept pressing and got the reward.
I agree. I think we need another striker and maybe another player with a bit of wow factor just to freshen it up and make a statement.
Sneijder would have been a great signing for us and someone like Hernandez would be a great addition.
Definitely wasted on the bench.

Yep was nearly a great away win but we kept pressing and got the reward.
I agree. I think we need another striker and maybe another player with a bit of wow factor just to freshen it up and make a statement.
Sneijder would have been a great signing for us and someone like Hernandez would be a great addition.
Definitely wasted on the bench.

As soon as I saw the starting lineup I groaned because Welbeck's inclusion meant RVP was going to be on his own for the most part.

He took his chance well enough but his lack of support severely restricted their attacking capability.

They still have a 5 point lead but that won't last long if Fergie continues to leave out players who are always likely to be a threat in favor of complete numpties.

Arsenal are a weird team this season. There absolutly hammered some teams this season but only to not show up at all for the next game. Be good to see Arsenal grind a string of results. Liverpool should be a good test.

Hazard kicking the ball boy :lol

Good to see Swansea in the final. They play good football & I think they deserve a trophy. Getting Brentford in the final they couldn't of wished for an easier team. As long as they under estimate them they should win it comfortably 2 or 3 nil. Going to be the 1st League Cup final I've seen in years, I don't normally have any interest in that competition

As much as I dislike Chelsea, I believe the Ball Boy should be the guy to blame... unprofessional ism at its worst. His time wasting was more than apparent and after that feigning injury and hurt to put a player in trouble... shameful. Extremely shameful... now you have to wonder where the game is headed towards when even the ball boys will be considered a factor!

In European Cup Matches erratic/time wasting by Ball Boys are punished, even in La Liga. What I saw was really something I never expected...

Back