English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSG are looking good this year. I can see them as the dark horses. Looking forward to seeing Barca play, its been kinda quiet the talk about them. I guess you just don't need to hype them up anymore, everyone knows how good they are.

Corsair being that your a UTD fan you should know better to write UTD off. Your got one of the best managers in the world. Fergie knows the Prem inside out, that's why UTD are 12pts clear & when it comes to knock outs the best teams don't always win. You can even go unbeaten by drawing your 2 legs & going out on away goals. I don't know why people are fearing Real either, there miles behind Barca in the league & its been years since there done anything in Europe.

One of the best managers in the world?

He was once, but would a great manager continue to pick garbage like Carrick, Anderson and Valencia when they consistently prove they aren't up to the job?

Or spend millions on nobodies like Young & Kagawa?

Or continually leave out a proven goalscorer in Hernandez and play a plank like Welbeck instead? He's now scored TWICE this season :lol

Even if United get past Madrid they'll probably have to play Barcelona again at some point so for me it'd be better if they went out before that happened as there's only one outcome....today's United squad just doesn't inspire the same confidence that past ones did.

Charity match? Really?

If Real accept an offer, the buying club and Rnaldo have to talk up a contract. If Ronaldo doesn't want to go to the club or even leave then its his decision, not Reals. Plus United is the only logical place he will go to besides PSG.

Charity match? Really?

If Real accept an offer, the buying club and Rnaldo have to talk up a contract. If Ronaldo doesn't want to go to the club or even leave then its his decision, not Reals. Plus United is the only logical place he will go to besides PSG.

United won't make an offer because they can't afford to. End of story.

The Ronaldo era for United was great but it's OVER and has been for a while so there's no point clinging to some misguided belief he'll return.

If you read what I said, I mentioned that just becuase the club agree on a free the buyers still need to talk contract talks. If Ronaldo says no, then Real or the buying club can't do anything about it. Ronaldo mentioned himself he wanted to see out his contract a Real making him a free agent. Where else would he want to go to besides United? PSG? No way, he mentioned also that his he is not going to be lured by money and PSG don't seem so interested in Ronaldo since Ancelotti mentioned that he has a full squad of top class players and doesn't need Ronaldo.

Bale's always amazing. He seems to be getting better & better. He'll be the player linked to all the giants of Europe now but I can't see anyone being able to afford him other than Man City, Chelsea or PSG & with FFP rules I dont know how they could get around that but I'm sure they'll manage it though. Spurs could be looking at 60, 70 mil.

I feel Bale is being now a tad too overated like Neymar. He's getting better for sure but when Ronaldo was his age he already won Balon Dor,2 PL titles, 1 FA Cup and a Champions league and many other personal accolades so...

If you read what I said, I mentioned that just becuase the club agree on a free the buyers still need to talk contract talks. If Ronaldo says no, then Real or the buying club can't do anything about it. Ronaldo mentioned himself he wanted to see out his contract a Real making him a free agent. Where else would he want to go to besides United? PSG? No way, he mentioned also that his he is not going to be lured by money and PSG don't seem so interested in Ronaldo since Ancelotti mentioned that he has a full squad of top class players and doesn't need Ronaldo.

Wouldn't really matter if he was out of contract. The wages would pretty much subsidize the transfer fee so again it will be the very top clubs that will be able to put together a package.

I wouldnt be surprised if he went to one of the milan clubs.... and for any manager to say he's not interested in Ronaldo, well they are lying lol

I feel Bale is being now a tad too overated like Neymar. He's getting better for sure but when Ronaldo was his age he already won Balon Dor,2 PL titles, 1 FA Cup and a Champions league and many other personal accolades so...

Probably a tad unfair to compare the two on honours. Bale plays for a club which is trying to establish them selves as a top 4 side.
If United signed Bale when they had the chance, his CV would read better.

In terms of ability and form, you can see why he is mentioned in the same breath and to think what he will be like when he peaks at 26/27... like Ronaldo is now.
Whatever happens, Levy hasn't missed a trick and has him tied down to a long contract so it will take massive amounts to transfer him.

All I will say is the grass is'nt always greener. Luke Modric will tell you that !

All I will say is the grass is'nt always greener. Luke Modric will tell you that !
Ricardo Ka Ka, Michael Owen, Robinho and many other players bought to please Madrid's masses of setting up a World XI and win the presidential election by Perez will tell you the same story... careers destroyed on the bench because of the greed of exorbitant salaries and to have the name of Los Blancos in your CV...

Ricardo Ka Ka, Michael Owen, Robinho and many other players bought to please Madrid's masses of setting up a World XI and win the presidential election by Perez will tell you the same story... careers destroyed on the bench because of the greed of exorbitant salaries and to have the name of Los Blancos in your CV...

Dont forget Steve Mcmanaman :wink1:
You are right tho. For Bale right now, he is playing the best he has. Id love to see him stay and develop at spurs and also give the board the chance to strengthen and hopefully make the next step as we are not a million miles away.
At least Robihno moved away to another great club.
Ka ka at Milan was one of the best in the world at the time. Just seems such a waste of a very talented player.
Why didn't he move on ?
I doubt he will be there next season unless the new manager who ever that may be favours him.
Same goes for Modric.

I'll be surprised if Bale is still at Spurs in 2 years time. Unless they get bought out by some wealthy owners anyway. Bale will want to win league medals & that's very unlikely going to happen at Spurs. Being happy with 4th place won't good enough for a player of his calibre

I'll be surprised if Bale is still at Spurs in 2 years time. Unless they get bought out by some wealthy owners anyway. Bale will want to win league medals & that's very unlikely going to happen at Spurs. Being happy with 4th place won't good enough for a player of his calibre

I think your probably right. Firstly our wage structure would have to change not only to keep our best players, but to attract more top names.
Spurs and Levy need to match his ambition which means bring a few very top quality players in.
I wouldnt hold it against him if he moved on but would like to think he'd stay a few more years if we get top 4.

Would be good football wise to see Bale stay at Spurs for awhile. Rather than seeing the Giants just getting all the best players all the time.

Being an Arsenal supporter I'm expecting Wilshire to be our next target player. Alves has already came out & said he wants him to be Barca's main target this summer. I hope we can hold on to him for a few more years. He'll fit right in at Barca though a perfect replacement for when Xavi retires.

Would be good football wise to see Bale stay at Spurs for awhile. Rather than seeing the Giants just getting all the best players all the time.

Being an Arsenal supporter I'm expecting Wilshire to be our next target player. Alves has already came out & said he wants him to be Barca's main target this summer. I hope we can hold on to him for a few more years. He'll fit right in at Barca though a perfect replacement for when Xavi retires.

That is sad to hear that. I would be surprised if he stays for very much longer.

Arsenal are getting owned tonight!!!

Time for Wenger to go!!!

Wilshere is promising but he isnt there in the Xavi mode... when Xavi goes Iniesta will take his place, Fabregas will take Iniesta's position and Thiago will take Fabregas' position. Barca have a strong youth setup with players like Sergi Roberto waiting. Wilshere is not needed... Alves can say a lot of things but Wilshere is yet to really show that kind of consistency and potential which I dont think we wil see before another 2 more seasons... he is still quite inexperienced. Talented yes, has potential yes... but experience is the biggest teacher on the field.

Wilshire will go on to be better than Fabregas. Wilshire is much better than Fabregas when he was his age. He'll definitely be one of the most sought after players in 2, 3 years time.

Wilshire will go on to be better than Fabregas. Wilshire is much better than Fabregas when he was his age. He'll definitely be one of the most sought after players in 2, 3 years time.

I agree. One of the biggest players to come out of English football in a long time. Immense talent for his age.

It is sad seeing how Arsenal have fallen. I never expected them to compete with the Oil rich teams but **** I look at that team & take Wilshire & Cazola away & there's just ordinary players. The defenders are actually **** & I still can't believe AW still hasn't bought a defensive midfielder after how many years?

Last edited:
Back